World Cup 4 (Host Decision)

There is a lot of reason why I don’t want to host.

• I take a lot of time and we (I) just finished with the psl teams and as a host it was really long and I put a lot of effort on it

• making team based to country is always garbage since some country got +100 and others can have 2 players.

• you can’t know if a player play for his country or if he join a country to play with his friend

• allowed 2 teams per country is shit, and allow too much players per team is also bad for the competition.

the best way to make a good World Cup is to allow like max 10 players per country and if I players isn’t picked for his country, he is allowed to sign up for his continental team (ex: rest of Europe)

and even the continental team should allow max 10 players.

So half of ppl here who were waiting for the WC 4 during one year would probably not be able to participate in this event if we want to do something correct without bullshit.

of course that’s only my opinion.

I’ll not be the host, but when the host is decided I’ll give him the host role in the WC discord, and I’m still here to help anyone who asked me for help :)

1 hour ago, MknsZblex said:

There is a lot of reason why I don’t want to host.

• I take a lot of time and we (I) just finished with the psl teams and as a host it was really long and I put a lot of effort on it

• making team based to country is always garbage since some country got +100 and others can have 2 players.

• you can’t know if a player play for his country or if he join a country to play with his friend

• allowed 2 teams per country is shit, and allow too much players per team is also bad for the competition.

the best way to make a good World Cup is to allow like max 10 players per country and if I players isn’t picked for his country, he is allowed to sign up for his continental team (ex: rest of Europe)

So half of ppl here who were waiting for the WC 4 during one year would probably not be able to participate in this event if we want to do something correct without bullshit.

of course that’s only my opinion.

I’ll not be the host, but when the host is decided I’ll give him the host role in the WC discord, and I’m still here to help anyone who asked me for help :)

Can you message me the link to the WC Discord please?

nvm Limbow sent, ty <3

Edited by Imperial
2 hours ago, MknsZblex said:

you can’t know if a player play for his country or if he join a country to play with his friend

allowed 2 teams per country is shit, and allow too much players per team is also bad for the competition.

I can totally agree with the fact that 2 teams per country just makes 0 sense.

I have discussed with a few people ways in which team composition (probably the biggest issue) could be improved, and came across a very good example such as VGC's World Cup's team compositions.

https://www.trainertower.com/2020-world-cup-of-vgc-hub/

image.thumb.png.23420563770635ee8e093ae90fe0a3af.png

Teams like Peru and Colombia will be able to be separate countries as they have enough players to make a complete team (Probably a satisfied number of players from the same country will need to signup e.g. 10, to be able to make a team ). Oh yes, let's not forget about team Africa being a team.

Now the problem becomes that some players may join random countries for various purposes. I think the only proper way to confirm that a player is from that respective country/region is to ask staff, however, would have to see if this is feasible.

One method that can be discussed is the letting of "chosen captains" pick/double-check the players that have signed up. This method relies on the host trusting the captain from each country/region, to ensure that they have a team that can be satisfied and know full well that everyone in the team is from that country (As some captains from the past wc have addressed this issue). Of course, this method is not 100% accurate, but it starts minimising the main problem and the problem of randoms.

Now the topic of randoms is a complete 50/50 story. On the one hand, these new players can experience a competitive scene in PokeMMO for the first time as Jorge mentioned and we will able to see impressive players come out of it as Cali mentioned. On the other hand, randoms can signup and never actually show up (this issue is probably coming from the usual stigma that "world cup" sounds like a great tournament and people that touch forums for the first time would probably see it and be like "ooh this sounds like fun, I will join after finishing my Kanto story hehe!"). This could most likely be fixed if the host Dmed every single person that got accepted by the captain and double-checks their viability and their motivation to participate in the tournament.

& yes, as Mkns pointed out in the end, not everyone will able to play World Cup if we want this to be a big competitive tournament. Of course, there is still a lot of points and corrections I would like to go through but that is essentially the main part. Let me know what you think :) (Oh and....ehm...Showdown yes or no question mark)

Edited by Limbow
45 minutes ago, Limbow said:

I can totally agree with the fact that 2 teams per country just makes 0 sense.

I have discussed with a few people ways in which team composition (probably the biggest issue) could be improved, and came across a very good example such as VGC's World Cup's team compositions.

image.thumb.png.23420563770635ee8e093ae90fe0a3af.png

Teams like Peru and Colombia will be able to be separate countries as they have enough players to make a complete team (Probably a satisfied number of players from the same country will need to signup e.g. 10, to be able to make a team ). Oh yes, let's not forget about team Africa being a team.

Now the problem becomes that some players may join random countries for various purposes. I think the only proper way to confirm that a player is from that respective country/region is to ask staff, however, would have to see if this is feasible.

One method that can be discussed is the letting of "chosen captains" pick/double-check the players that have signed up. This method relies on the host trusting the captain from each country/region, to ensure that they have a team that can be satisfied and know full well that everyone in the team is from that country (As some captains from the past wc have addressed this issue). Of course, this method is not 100% accurate, but it starts minimising the main problem and the problem of randoms.

Now the topic of randoms is a complete 50/50 story. On the one hand, these new players can experience a competitive scene in PokeMMO for the first time as Jorge mentioned and we will able to see impressive players come out of it as Cali mentioned. On the other hand, randoms can signup and never actually show up (this issue is probably coming from the usual stigma that "world cup" sounds like a great tournament and people that touch forums for the first time would probably see it and be like "ooh this sounds like fun, I will join after finishing my Kanto story hehe!"). This could most likely be fixed if the host Dmed every single person that got accepted by the captain and double-checks their viability and their motivation to participate in the tournament.

& yes, as Mkns pointed out in the end, not everyone will able to play World Cup if we want this to be a big competitive tournament. Of course, there is still a lot of points and corrections I would like to go through but that is essentially the main part. Let me know what you think :) (Oh and....ehm...Showdown yes or no question mark)

LF Africa

1 hour ago, Tawla said:

You're forfiter right ? I remember last wc where hosts took a very bad decision on making julian colombie captain and trolled on last week in thr wc

I became host mid-season after Mago left and had nothing to do with picking the Captains and I got no idea what are you talking about trolling in last week of the WC (?)

5 hours ago, Limbow said:

i think composition you showed here make no sense cuz many countries you showed dont have enough players. just let people singup for their country with the requirement of 1 player each tier and roster of min 10  (somthing like that maybe less). also i do think this year its easier to find players (and improve) for other tiers since we have matchmaking system now. so letting new players in that are motivated is not a wrong thing. its up to the captain if he want to line the new player up and help during the tournament (you can help him with teambuilding practice etc not coaching),  

8 hours ago, Limbow said:

(Oh and....ehm...Showdown yes or no question mark)

Honestly, I'm divided on whether or not I think we should include Showdown. On the one hand its a great way to be inclusive of those who have always been a part of this community for so long now, but on the otherhand WC is different to things like PSL where managers can select a showdown player to play, and some countries may struggle to find a representative. That being said, if we do decide to have a showdown, I'd love to see a return of DPP! It's been a long time since we've had it in our community events, and the matches were always a lot of hype

1 hour ago, Quinn010 said:

think composition you showed here make no sense cuz many countries you showed dont have enough players.

Yes, sorry was not explained properly cause I hate writing. Team composition will be on the works after the signups so you can identify which teams can actually be created.

8 hours ago, Limbow said:

I think the only proper way to confirm that a player is from that respective country/region is to ask staff, however, would have to see if this is feasible.

You aware of privacy ? :) It's not a solution

1 hour ago, Havsha said:

some countries may struggle to find a representative.

1 hour ago, Havsha said:

I'd love to see a return of DPP!

I feel like these two things clash a little bit, no? Showdown would already be challenging for some countries, but especially for an older tier that hasn't been mainstream for quite some time. 

2 hours ago, Paul said:

I feel like these two things clash a little bit, no? Showdown would already be challenging for some countries, but especially for an older tier that hasn't been mainstream for quite some time. 

Oh yeah 100%, I should have stated that for me personally id love to see dpp, but for the event, its probably not ideal

On 6/5/2021 at 8:43 PM, RysPicz said:

And about Showdown tier Id let community decide if they want to play and which tier they wanna play

VGC VGC VGC VGCVGC VGC VGC VGCVGC VGC VGC VGCVGC VGC VGC VGCVGC VGC VGC VGCVGC VGC VGC VGCVGC VGC VGC VGCVGC VGC VGC VGCVGC VGC VGC VGCVGC VGC VGC VGCVGC VGC VGC VGCVGC VGC VGC VGCVGC VGC VGC VGCVGC VGC VGC VGCVGC VGC VGC VGCVGC VGC VGC VGCVGC VGC VGC VGCVGC VGC VGC VGCVGC VGC VGC VGCVGC VGC VGC VGCVGC VGC VGC VGCVGC VGC VGC 17 VGC VGC VGC VGC VGCVGC VGC VGC VGCVGC VGC VGC VGCVGC VGC VGC VGCVGC VGC VGC VGCVGC VGC VGC VGCVGC VGC VGC VGCVGC VGC VGC VGCVGC VGC VGC VGCVGC VGC VGC VGCVGC VGC VGC VGCVGC VGC VGC VGCVGC VGC VGC VGCVGC VGC VGC VGCVGC VGC VGC VGCVGC VGC VGC VGCVGC VGC VGC VGCVGC VGC VGC VGCVGC VGC VGC VGCVGC VGC VGC VGCVGC VGC VGC VGCVGC VGC VGC VGCVGC VGC VGC VGCVGC VGC VGC VGCVGC VGC VGC VGCVGC VGC VGC VGCVGC VGC VGC VGCVGC VGC VGC VGCVGC VGC VGC VGCVGC VGC VGC VGCVGC VGC VGC VGCVGC VGC VGC VGCVGC VGC VGC VGCVGC VGC VGC VGCVGC VGC VGC VGCVGC VGC VGC VGCVGC VGC VGC VGCVGC VGC VGC VGCVGC VGC VGC VGCVGC VGC VGC VGCVGC VGC VGC VGCVGC VGC VGC VGCVGC VGC VGC VGCVGC VGC VGC VGCVGC VGC VGC VGCVGC VGC VGC VGCVGC VGC VGC VGC

DPP should be fine too

Edited by Zigh
17 17 17 17 17 17 17 71

not that i have issues against them individually, i gotta say having 50% of the event coordinators from the same team is not very hashtag epic

edit: to clarify in case anyone takes this the wrong way - it just seems like an easy point of contention for players to call upon and riot over should a questionable decision be made, particularly if it benefits a member of v4. i can’t comment on whether the proportion of v4 members in the hosts/council will actually affect any decisions made, and i genuinely doubt it will, but it just seems like something that probably could have been prevented in order to keep the administrative decision-making process as smooth as possible. 

perhaps it might be a good idea to make vote counts transparent should there be a need for them?

Edited by Zymogen

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.