World Cup 4 (Host Decision)

2 hours ago, Poufilou said:

Isn't this event a World Cup tho ? There will be players from various teams together 

It does seem a good point but maybe not for this event 

Yeah, fair enough.

It is a world cup, but that doesn’t mean that players automatically sever all ties with their in-game teammates and eliminate bias, and it’s also an issue that would be relevant to normal PSL. To say it’s not valid for this event is naive, even if I do concede that it’s not necessarily the worst thing that has ever happened. Conversely, it would also be naive of me to say that it’s possible to create a team of hosts that doesn’t have any form of bias towards any of the participants, I recognise that. But when you have a group of hosts/organisers that were decided in private (as far as I can tell - please correct me if I’m wrong), 50% of which have a clear common interest, it’s worth talking about. 

Like I said - I doubt it will become a problem. I’m not trying to incite any drama nor am I asking for any action to be taken. I trust that each of the players individually will do their best to be as fair as possible - I just thought it was worth broaching the subject. 

Edited by Zymogen
2 minutes ago, Bearminator said:

Just realised, Poland actually has quite strong team potentially this time! 

Rav's better every month, and he will carry that noob who uses Ferrothorn in OU

What's that mean . I think Ferrothorn is for OU

3 minutes ago, Bearminator said:

Just realised, Poland actually has quite strong team potentially this time! 

Rav's better every month, and he will carry that noob who uses Ferrothorn in OU

whoa can someone stop this man and his wild insults

1 minute ago, Utsa said:

What's that mean . I think Ferrothorn is for OU

It is, but using Ferrothorn in OU is a disgrace and the highest level of insult

3 hours ago, Zymogen said:

But when you have a group of hosts/organisers that were decided in private (as far as I can tell - please correct me if I’m wrong), 50% of which have a clear common interest, it’s worth talking about.

Not really private, pretty openly discussed who was up for hosting/supporting the WC and ontop of that who is viewed as a good fit for such a position by the community.

9 minutes ago, CHUCKunso said:

Not really private, pretty openly discussed who was up for hosting/supporting the WC and ontop of that who is viewed as a good fit for such a position by the community.

I was also on a psl team that openly hated chuck. In the moment, who cares what in game team he’s on 

heck chuck 

32 minutes ago, CHUCKunso said:

Okay fair enough, can you point me to where this was discussed? I've been pretty inactive on forums and discord recently so I may have just completely missed it.

Edited by Zymogen
5 minutes ago, Zymogen said:

Okay fair enough, can you point me to where this was discussed? I've been pretty inactive on forums and discord recently so I may have just completely missed it.

Legit this whole thread was just to get an idea who would be fit and wanted for hosting...

On 5/30/2021 at 1:42 AM, xJoseee said:

As you all know, some people are already asking WC 4 to start so, I guess this thread will help us choosing a host/some hosts and start to create all needed in order to start the World Cup so, I decided to create this thread so we can let people apply for being host, and letting the community choose the hosts they want.

On 5/30/2021 at 2:31 AM, Limbow said:

I would like to host the next World Cup.

On 6/5/2021 at 2:37 AM, calidubstep said:

ok i host, lf cohost

On 6/5/2021 at 1:32 PM, RysPicz said:

hi

Mkns got asked in the Thread as well, declined at first but seemingly is down to support the hosts with insight. Aerun is the only person who came out of nowhere for me.

1 minute ago, CHUCKunso said:

Legit this whole thread was just to get an idea who would be fit and wanted for hosting...

Mkns got asked in the Thread as well, declined at first but seemingly is down to support the hosts with insight. Aerun is the only person who came out of nowhere for me.

Well I mean I looked through this thread and didn't see much discussion about candidates which is why I asked... but if "hi" and "ok i host" somehow count as formal pitches and discussions about "who is viewed as a good fit for such a position by the community" then more power to you broski

Just now, Zymogen said:

Well I mean I looked through this thread and didn't see much discussion about candidates which is why I asked... but if "hi" and "ok i host" somehow count as formal pitches and discussions about "who is viewed as a good fit for such a position by the community" then more power to you broski

Well rather read the whole thread and then judge, not like everyone who spoke up was considered. But then again, feel free to make a proper thread with votes and shit "broski"

2 hours ago, CHUCKunso said:

840254461192568832.gif.0294e85fd18d33c16976f3eb69312215.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.