World Cup 4 (Host Decision)

9 hours ago, Umbramol said:

spamming long events one after another gets boring.. people cant be invested in them all year long.. it will end up without good turn up or with unmotivated people. take a break

Y’all chill can there not be pvp events for the people who don’t get handpicked to play in psl or weren’t on a big team to play the last teams event? A good example of this is @hannahtaylorwho broke out in the last World Cup but hasn’t played since I don’t think (for reference, it’s been about a year since then). If the super tryhard people don’t want to play, that’s cool, but giving everyone a longer break as a result until they feel like hogging the spotlight for the next event isn’t necessarily right either. 

21 hours ago, AwaXGoku said:

Must be someone known AND trusted by the pvp community

I think this is pretty much the premise we should follow. Someone who is only backed by friends shouldnt qualify as host.

Also yes please, give this event a bit of time, a few months at least to build up some hype and dont get overloaded

On 5/31/2021 at 9:33 AM, Zigh said:

I think this is pretty much the premise we should follow. Someone who is only backed by friends shouldnt qualify as host.

Also yes please, give this event a bit of time, a few months at least to build up some hype and dont get overloaded

If the community wants a world cup and a suitable host cannot be found i have no issues with hosting i just need some co hosts to do all the docs work, 

46 minutes ago, MaatthewMLG said:

Maybe it's time again @OrangeManiac

36 minutes ago, Parke said:

I think Orange would literally rather be locked in a room for a day with Daryl than host that shitshow again

Well, I'll admit World Cup 2 was very poorly hosted and extremely stressful. Too many hosts and especially too many changed decisions before other hosts had even the chance to review the cases and then having those hosts defend decisions they didn't agree with. And about that World Cup 2, I have to praise that Mkns and Suigin were great co-hosts that season so you can probably see where my frustrations were at. I would vouch Mkns to host any event in the game, anytime.

I've decided that if I ever host anything I'll do it either alone or with 1 other people I truly trust to prevent any of that shitshow ever happening again. Currently my work weeks are too hectic to take such a responsibility for now and I do not want to be part of any big host group or anything like that.

On the topic of trying not to pick the more known players:

From a managers standpoint, it always makes sense to pick players that you know has a good attitude, work rate and ability.

I don't think you can blame managers for trying to roster people they already have a lot of knowledge about.

That said, from my time managing I often enjoyed looking through the lesser known players and trying to find a hidden gem because you will often get them cheaper and it's more rewarding to see your scouting payoff.

16 hours ago, KaynineXL said:

On the topic of trying not to pick the more known players:

From a managers standpoint, it always makes sense to pick players that you know has a good attitude, work rate and ability.

I don't think you can blame managers for trying to roster people they already have a lot of knowledge about.

That said, from my time managing I often enjoyed looking through the lesser known players and trying to find a hidden gem because you will often get them cheaper and it's more rewarding to see your scouting payoff.

In World Cups there's no managers, there's only captains, you just inscribe and join a team which is based on your country or zone.

Captains are selected to be the ones who most titles won in the interval between each world cup, and captains are the ones responsible to send line ups each week, if I'm not wrong.

That's why World Cup may be an opportunity to show up for first time at the competitive scene.

My first competitive team tournament was WC3, with Spain, and I did enjoy a lot playing it as a SMOU player, even though I had small experience inside SMOU and OU.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.