June-Movement Discussion Thread

3 hours ago, Munya said:

Hay suficientes votos para poner fin a la prueba del porygon-z, incluso según los antiguos estándares de votación en los que solo requeríamos una mayoría, sin importar cuán cerca fuera, en lugar de 6-3 para prohibir algo. Se quedará UU.  

Una vez hecho esto, ¿vale la pena discutir alguno de los otros BL mons en este punto? No lo haremos este mes, ya que es el último mes de una temporada y realmente podría arruinarlo, pero en el futuro sé al menos uno. persona está interesada en mirar a Lucario.

Ambipom lleva como 4 o 5 meses quedando entre 2,5 a 2,9% como maximó ,no se ha visto que ya deberia bajar de tier?

13 hours ago, Munya said:

Hay suficientes votos para poner fin a la prueba del porygon-z, incluso según los antiguos estándares de votación en los que solo requeríamos una mayoría, sin importar cuán cerca fuera, en lugar de 6-3 para prohibir algo. Se quedará UU.  

Una vez hecho esto, ¿vale la pena discutir alguno de los otros BL mons en este punto? No lo haremos este mes, ya que es el último mes de una temporada y realmente podría arruinarlo, pero en el futuro sé al menos uno. persona está interesada en mirar a Lucario.

Lol, lucario instant ban. 0 checks 0 walls or delete all priority

15 hours ago, Munya said:

With that done, is it worth discussing any of the other BL mons at this point - we won't be doing it this month as its the last month of a season and could really screw with it but in the future I know at least one person is interested in looking at Lucario.

Definitely not.

I think the big thing with Lucario over Haxorus, it was never allowed a proper test in UU, similar to PZ which was banned in the initial implementation of the current tiers.  Darmanitan was also never tested, not that anybody is calling for that(they aren't), but its OU by usage anyway these days so doesn't matter.

Thats not why anybody is potentially wanting to test it, just something thats been on my mind when talking about the two.

Lucario has incredibly powerful priority moves which means it causes enormous pressure to any kind of Pokemon after one set up turn. Haxorus always had to be feared of anything over 97 speed. Furthermore, Lucario's coverage is far better than Haxorus by a mile and for that reason I'd argue it's actual wallbreaking power is far better and more adaptable to whatever is the current metagame. If Haxorus was deemed banworthy in a month (and for a good reason), there is very little to try about Lucario.

How about we bring down both Lucario AND Haxorus? While simultaneously banning Dusclops as defensive uber? ^_^

Spoiler

not serious

Spoiler

pls ban quick claw and king's rock

In the current metagame I would actually give Haxorus a try. Last time we tested it, the CB set was shining the most as it did not have a lot of space to set up due to it's mediocre bulk and vulnerability to status. Lucario on the other hand, imo not- with it's typing, immunity to intimidate, x4 resistance to stealth rock and potential to run both special and physical sets along with a very expansive movepool and powerful priority would be too much for current UU.

On 5/29/2021 at 8:18 PM, Munya said:

I know at least one person is interested in looking at Lucario.

Lucario is a pokémon with good offensive stats, a good movepool with both physical and special priorities, it can't be poisoned, flinched or intimidated, and it has versatility making it unpredictable in team preview thanks to Nasty plot and Sword dance ... I don't think there's a reason even to consider his move to UU

34 minutes ago, Imperial said:

Nah since nobody apparently cares about NU just dump it all there alongside everything else, hasn't stopped anyone so far and can't see TC voting against it.

What is currently wrong with nu

4 hours ago, Munya said:

What is currently wrong with nu

This comment pretty much sums up how the staff and potentially TC stand with NU, despite it being a popular tier (potentially more than UU, but this is debatable of course).

NU has always been the most versatile tier, and that's what makes it unique and fun to play, but it seems that all of the Pokemon which recently dropped down hardly had any discussions (e.g. Dugtrio) compared to others (e.g. Porygon-Z).

People are complaining that UU is broken despite only having Porygon-Z drop down and Jellicent move up, and yes P-Z is a centralising mon, but let's have a look at what dropped off to NU in recent months and was laughed off by most people as being harmless in the tier despite being centralising themselves: Typhlosion, Azumarill, Dugtrio, Gigalith, Electrode (previously)

Of course there are ways to handle each of these mon, but let's have a look at what to look out for in the world of matchup fishing:

• Gigalith / Stoutland
  • Choice Specs Typhlosion
  • BD Azumarill 
  • Dugtrio - Very hard to use previously commonly used Pokemon such as Houndoom, Drapion and even Blaziken/Magmortar to avoid being revenge killed.

Unlike in UU/OU, many of the Pokemon are less bulky and there are less Pokemon with priority, and if they do their stats are obviously worse. It's also a lot more difficult to prepare teams as there is a lot more threats to look out for compared to the above tiers.

It'll be interesting to see next month if Pokemon like Blastoise will just be freely dropped down into NU without any discussions (depending on usage) like with everything else.

I've seen quite a few old players stop playing NU now because of how it's just a matter of 'Let's dump this here'.

And once again the seasonal tournaments will be played after the tier changes kick in, as the OU tournaments would have been finished with, which means once again the NU players will be the ones most affected as they will have no time to adapt to the tier which will have the most changes in.

I'm not calling for any of these Pokemon to be banned, (although Dugtrio should be looked into again), but I'm sure that I'm not the only NU player who asks that staff and TC puts more consideration into this tier as the amount of bias against NU compared to OU/UU is unbelievable, but unfortunately I don't see this happening anytime soon, if not ever.

TLDR - NU is a mess and once again players will have to adapt in the seasonal tournaments when other tiers don't have to prepare for any changes.

Edited by Imperial