June-Movement Discussion Thread

Doing it a day early because I get my second shot tomorrow and IDK how I will be feeling after that.

Second month in the season so 6.7 to go up, 1.7 to go down, nothing moves this month.

We should be closing out the Porygon-Z test this weekend, if it stays or goes, nows your final chance to get in any thoughts you have on it and change any of the members of TCs decisions.

first of all BOOOO for the vaccine. 

second of all i have made my thoughts public on porygon-z on its own thread but i ll repeat a bit of here.

while being a very capable wallbreaker and a bit centralising, people have gotten the grasp of handling it and most decent teambuilders have shown their ability of handling it.

it caused a meta shift but every pokemon that has a good kit would do that. (swampert also has had a big influence in uu meta). many panicked but now that it has settled in my opinion it is shown that it is a capable wallbreaker but not in a position to be considered banowrthy and the drops on the winrate show that. good pokemon, forces adaption and it should stay in uu

16 minutes ago, Umbramol said:

en primer lugar BOOOO para la vacuna. 

en segundo lugar, he hecho públicos mis pensamientos sobre porygon-z en su propio hilo, pero repetiré un poco de aquí.

si bien es un wallbreaker muy capaz y un poco centralizador, la gente ha aprendido a manejarlo y la mayoría de los teambuilders decentes han demostrado su capacidad para manejarlo.

Causó un cambio de meta, pero todos los Pokémon que tengan un buen kit lo harían. (Swampert también ha tenido una gran influencia en uu meta). muchos entraron en pánico, pero ahora que se ha asentado en mi opinión, se demuestra que es un wallbreaker capaz, pero no en una posición para ser considerado banowrthy y las caídas en el winrate lo demuestran. buen pokemon, fuerza la adaptacion y debe permanecer en uu

I agree with u

21 minutes ago, Umbramol said:

second of all i have made my thoughts public on porygon-z on its own thread but i ll repeat a bit of here.

while being a very capable wallbreaker and a bit centralising, people have gotten the grasp of handling it and most decent teambuilders have shown their ability of handling it.

it caused a meta shift but every pokemon that has a good kit would do that. (swampert also has had a big influence in uu meta). many panicked but now that it has settled in my opinion it is shown that it is a capable wallbreaker but not in a position to be considered banowrthy and the drops on the winrate show that. good pokemon, forces adaption and it should stay in uu

+1

In my opinion Porygon-Z should NOT stay in UU, even if I want that it stays this pokemon causes a centralization of the meta which isn't healthy for the metagame. Nowadays all teams MUST have a specific check for it which means the meta is centralized in one mon, Porygon-Z.

A similar thing happened on Smogon, with Mega-Sableye  Gen 6 OU, that was a pokemon that limited the teambuilding of the meta, the pokemon itself wasn't a problem but when combined with Stall was impossible to break, with this pokemon at the opponent's side was almost impossible set hazards due to Magic Bounce ability, which is one of the most important thing to beat stall.

But, does Porygon-Z have counter/checker? Yes it has, same with sableye that wouldn't stop clefable or Mold Breaker Excadrill to set rocks. So if it has counters/checkers why we should ban it? Everything in the game has counters/checkers, even critical hit can be avoided with Lucky Chant or Shell Armor ability but when we need centralize the meta to always need build around that isn't healthy for the metagame.

first of all BOOOO to the antivaxxers. enjoy your immunity munya - you're doing your community a great service.

back to the topic:

p-z has proven itself as a dominant force in UU that is capable of breaking any and all walls in the right circumstances. every team needs to be built with p-z in mind as it can easily steamroll through teams with no resistances or RK capability. with a huge base spatk stat, two great abilities and access to a variety of moves such as STAB tri-attack, trick, nasty plot and agility, it is a pokemon that can very easily flip a game onto its head in the flick of a switch if given any breathing space. 

having said this, it is not infallible - p-z is quite frail and it cannot switch into many pokemon very easily without taking a significant chunk of damage. though it must also be noted that placing p-z within a volt-turn core or alongside a teleporter/wish user (hello clef) greatly attenuates this issue. additionally, it's not immune to any types of priority or hazards, so opportunities to revenge kill it with priority, a faster scarfer and/or a pursuit mon are not uncommon, especially when you consider its not-so stellar speed stat. 

so i ask myself: as a balance player, do i want p-z banned? probably. it would give me much less of a headache every time i built a new team if this monster wasn't in the tier.

but i must also ask myself: if i was an offense player, would i want p-z banned? probably not. the offensive answers to p-z are certainly more numerous than the defensive answers, so i understand why a not-insignificant proportion of players would keep it in UU. 

tldr: my internal bias as a defensive player is leaning towards a ban. however i would not be totally mad if it wasn't. 

Edited by Zymogen
4 hours ago, Umbramol said:

+1

I think Porygon Z needs ban from UU. In my personal case I stopped playing UU since it drop from OU because it limitate not only pokemons you can choose to build It mainly limitate playstyles.

If a pokemon has the power to denying you to choose if you want to play wally, hyper offense, or balanced (because there arent too many answers to deal with It) It means that is unhealthy for that tier.

4 minutes ago, Huargensy said:

I do not agree with the ban, I play all 3 styles and it does not seem like a big problem for me because I do not enter so safely against almost anything (other than dusclops), maybe it is more of a problem for defensive teams, but it is a wallbreaker LOL

I was writing a post and then realized you said almost exactly what I wanted to say

+1

3 hours ago, hernjet said:

Ban Azumarill,typlosion,gigalith Nu

Yes Azumarill can be a problem if your team isn't built correctly and you've let your Venusaur chip too much damage, but this isn't a huge deal in the tier as I thought it would.

Typhlosion is meh and Gigalith isn't a problem at all, it absorbs a lot of special attacks yes but has no recovery compared to other walls (e.g. Clefable and Mantine). Also I don't see many Stoutlands used nowadays and you have Slowbro, Escavalier and other mon.

3 hours ago, Huargensy said:

Why ban something that will probably  up next month

Pretty much this.

Enough votes are in to end the porygon-z test, even by old standards of voting where we only required a majority, no matter how close, instead of 6-3 to ban something.  It'll be staying UU.  

With that done, is it worth discussing any of the other BL mons at this point - we won't be doing it this month as its the last month of a season and could really screw with it but in the future I know at least one person is interested in looking at Lucario.