UU Teambuilding Competition

Naamloos-1.jpg.ed658255209fcec25b79e266f4c6d23c.jpg

Welcome to UU Teambuilding Competition This is a competition where you prove your teambuilding skills. Basically, what we are going to do here is see who can build the better team, hence the name. for the first UU edition i will give you guys 4 pokemons to build a team around (the team you sumbit need to be a pokepaste Link ). Along with the team, you will post a short summary that may include: your teambuilding process, how the team works. After a week, I will close submissions and vote with judges

The 4 pokemon you can build a team around :

Gastrodon   423-east.gif
Alakazam065.gif

Weavile       461.gif
Gligar      207f.gif

Rules 

1 The submitted team must be viable for the current PokeMMO uu meta 
2 Need atleast one  of the pokemon i listed above in your team

3 Don't copy other player's teams!

4 Be creative. We also judge on thinking outside of the box and trying to harness the potential from some Pokemon with creative ways.

judges : 
Umbramol 
Lunarck 
QuinnW
Huargensy

Kriliin 

Mkns

Deadline

31may 5AM CEST
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html?iso=20210331T030000&p1=338&p2=192&p3=232

Prizes:
image.png.cb7ebe071226c58be7489d0eb7d4452b.png 1st Place Prize
1 3x31 2x30 pokemon that is in the team you builded + 10 pp max
image.png.fe5701b171f05b963925f78091b6009f.png 2nd Place Prize
10 pp max

Spanish version
Bienvenido a la competencia de teambuilding en uu. Esta competencia sirve para demostrar tus habilidades para crear equipos. Basicamente lo que haremos es ver quien puede armar el mejor equipo. Para la primera edicion de este evento tendras 4 pokemones con los que pueden crear un team(el team que vayan a eligir tiene que estar en un pokepaste) Junto con el pokepaste, tienes que dar un breve resumen que incluya: tu proceso de teambuilding y como funciona el team. El evento durará hasta la proxima semana,luego cerraré y votare con los demas jueces.

los 4 pokemones con los que puedes crear un equipo son :

Gastrodon    423-east.gif

Alakazam065.gif

Weavile        461.gif

Gliscor      207f.gif
Reglas:
1 El equipo debe ser viable en el actual metagame de uu.

2 El equipo tiene que tener al menos uno de los pokemons mencionados anteriormente.

3 No copies a los demas!
4 Tambien juzgaremos creatividad.

Jueces: 
Umbramol 
Lunarck 
QuinnW

Huargensy
Kriliin 

Mkns

Plazo

31may 5AM CEST
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html?iso=20210331T030000&p1=338&p2=192&p3=232

Prizes:
image.png.cb7ebe071226c58be7489d0eb7d4452b.png 1st Place Prize
1 3x31 2x30 Un Pokémon que este en tu equipo + 10 pp max
image.png.fe5701b171f05b963925f78091b6009f.png 2nd Place Prize
10 pp max

thanks a lot for the translation from tMoi

Edited by Quinn010

Let's start:

https://pokepast.es/95f44076486d484e

It's a bulky offense Team around Gastrodon. 

First off, although the team looks defensive in the first glance, it is supposed to be used as a pressuring team that relies on stacking damage before Mamoswine/Sigilyph can clean it up.

Teambuilding process: 

Gastrodon

Spoiler

One of the Pokemon out of the 4 that adds more utility to any given team, helping against Rotom-h, Scarf physical threats and water spam. Earthquake is used to pressure special versions of Empoleon and offensive Roserades, both which are 2hkoed. 

Gigalith

Spoiler

Excels at handling Sigilyph, Yanmega and Porygon-z, which were the three main offensive threats towards Gastrodon. Adamant with special defense investment is the most optimal spread overall. Gigalith sets sand to stack damage, which the team capitalizes in. Rocks + Earthquake ensure only Donphan and Forretress can attempt to remove its rocks unpunished. Superpower forces an early recover of P2, or even breaking it down, as well as surprise damage on some offensive switches, or 1v1 scouted scarf Krookodile, and chipping Bronzong since it is needed in this team.

Slowbro

Spoiler

Heracross and Medicham are problematic against the first two mons. I could pick either Gligar or Slowbro, good against the respective first and second threats. I chose Slowbro because of Rocky Helmet, which allows the team to chip stuff like Staraptor, Heracross, Medicham or even Krookodile (in a pinch) to clean them with Mamoswine later. Not only that but Rocky Helmet also puts Forretress on a timer, preventing it from removing rocks often, especially since it has no recovery and is constantly pressured by this team. Psyshock over Psychic for higher damage on Lanturn and shenanigans against rare Venomoths.

Heracross

Spoiler

Huge threats against the first three Pokemon are named Roserade and Heracross. I wanted an offensive slot that mitigated them, and I found bulky Heracross. It outspeeds timid/Jolly Empoleons as well as neutral Metagross/Bisharp/etc. Close to max hp + leftovers to maximize bulk potential. The attack investment is enough to break what it can break nevertheless. Knock off disrupts switch-ins, mostly Gligar and Crobat or even forretress, whenever Close Combat is deemed useless. Heracross also is able to spam Knock fairly easily since it boasts key resistances and bulk as well as having free matchup against most Slowbro switches that fall into Teleport. Aerial ace reflects its wanted ability to mitigate other Heracrosses and Roserades. Spikes further heighten the hazard stacking damage, although it is possibly the less useful move and easily replaceable. Note that Knock off also pairs nicely with sand

Mamoswine

Spoiler

I like two offensive rockers in a team. Mamoswine seemed to fit this perfectly, abusing stack damage from hazards + sand + Rocky to clean with Ice shard. It also completely doesn't care about Crobat/Empoleon, and Rotom-H has issues coming in Superpower, moreso when Gastro and Gigalith are in the team. Forretress is horribly pressure by everything else so shouldn't be a problem. Nevermeltice pretty much guarantees an ohko on offensive Roserade, preventing it to stack more weaknesses on this team.

Sigilyph

Spoiler

The obvious needed Poke to fit a special attacker slot. Doesn't care about hazard damage, which is needed since no defog control. It further pressures Heracross/Roserade, as well as Yanmega and P-z, and most importantly, Bronzong, that is somewhat annoying to deal with under some circunstances. Finally it also offers an important extra fighting resist.  3/4 of the set is self-explanatory. Protect allows it to capitalize on the team's ability to stack damage, by scouting Moves from threats like Staraptor/Krookodile and then switch to the appropriate Pokemon. 

Extra note: evs on Gastro optimize overall bulk, while retaining leftovers numbers. Evs on Sigilyph are so it can invest in both hp/spatk/speed and also make it so Porygon-z boosts the wrong stat.

Edited by pachima

065.gif

Alakazam Nasty Plot Volt-Turn

Pokepast:

Teambuilding Process:

Spoiler

Out of the 4 options, Alakazam seems the most interesting to me. Despite its quite fragile, its wallbreaking potential its something u can't just ignore so I wanted to make a build around it.  It has different options such as specs + trick or colbur + protect, but the one that got my attention is nasty plot. It has some really interesting calc, such as: 

+2 252 SpA Life Orb Alakazam Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Bronzong: 161-190 (92.5 - 109.1%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO

+2 252 SpA Life Orb Alakazam Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Metagross: 198-233 (105.8 - 124.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

After seeing that, I wanted to use something that beneficts a lot from having those two removed, and the first one I came up with is Scarf Staraptor. Staraptor is a great speed control and it also has access to u-turn which is very valuable for Alakazam. You can use final gambit and make it easier for Alakazam too. Another pokemon that beneficts from having bronzong removed its flygon, it also has u-turn and its a good check to rotom and gigalith, I personally like cb flygon.  Next mon that I added was rotom, it checks Mamoswine, provides defog support and completes the volt-turn core. And finally, I had no switch in for water and fighting moves so I went for a standart empoleon/spiritomb defensive core.

Usage tips:

Spoiler

This team is fairly easy to use, your aim is to keep as much momentum as posible and give Alakazam chances to break your opponents team. To get the most of Alakazam you need to play agressive, so don't be afraid of making predictions.

Thanks for hosting this, I wanna see some good teams!

https://pokepast.es/6be3c7a0310c8daa

I picked Alakazam because its a Pokemon I like and use but don't really see it at all in PvP Rankeds or Tours, but I think it has a really nice potential with following set:

Nasty Plot: It makes this Pokemon incredibly threatening and allow to dismantle the opposing team if used in the correct moment.
Protect: To avoid Pursuit of it's main counters, allowing it to escape with no problems since you make your opponent lock into that attack.
The offensive moves I'll use are Psyshock (STAB move, hits by the physical part) and Focus Blast (Coverage, helps killing a lot of special walls as shown in the next calcs)

+2 252 SpA Alakazam Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Porygon2: 140-166 (72.9 - 86.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+2 252 SpA Alakazam Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Porygon2: 102-121 (53.1 - 63%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+2 252 SpA Alakazam Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Umbreon: 170-200 (84.1 - 99%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252 SpA Alakazam Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Gigalith in Sand: 158-186 (82.2 - 96.8%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252 SpA Alakazam Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Gigalith: 112-133 (58.3 - 69.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

+2 252 SpA Alakazam Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Bronzong: 92-109 (52.8 - 62.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

+2 252 SpA Alakazam Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Empoleon: 202-238 (105.7 - 124.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

It 100% lives Umbreon's Foul Okay and hard setup in its face if necessary/no other play remaining.

0- Atk Umbreon Foul Play vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Alakazam: 104-126 (79.3 - 96.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

One should always try to play without rocks on your side to avoid getting the sash broken, even with no boost it can be a pain in the ass since it's really fast and hits like a truck XD.

Crobat: Enough speed to outspeed Porygon-Z and bulk so it works as a nice fight ressist and ground immunity.

Brave Bird: Good stab and good damage. Recoil can be bad though

Taunt: Good into stall Pokémon. Can function as a kind of a "stallbreaker" set.

Defog: Anti Hazards move.

Roost: Sustain move.

Be careful though, since you're quite fast you can get hit by ground type moves.

Heracross: 4 Moves Wallbreaker, pretty much able to 2HKO the entire tier. Generally wants to come in vs VERY passive Pokémon or with the help of moméntum moves. Can be lethal if played correctly.

Close Combat: 120 Stab move. You pretty much nuke everything that doesn't ressist the move. Be careful if you use it vs something that does live it, though, since the defense drops can leave Heracross very vulnerable.

Bullet Seed: It's just here to cheese through Gastrodons and Swamperts that are now very popular. Can perfectly "bait" the CC, they live and try to cheap a lot our Heracross, but ultimately die because we run Bullet Seed.

Stone Edge. Coverage move. Can hit stuff like Staraptor or Crobat and always kill if rocks are up (and if you hit of course)

Night Slash: It's here only for ghosts really. Dusclops if I want to point out more specific names. Can probably be replaced by Megahorn if anyone wants to run another powerful stab.

Bronzong: Levitate-steel wall. VERY bulky, rocker and even if it doesn't have sustain moves, it can still recover quite a good chunk of HP with Leftovers.

Stealth Rock: Most important move on the game. Not much to elaborate on this

Toxic: For common switch ins like Rotom-H or different type of walls. Also helps to wither down any Pokémon that eats it.

Psychic: Hard hitting stab. Makes you not a complete passive wall to setup against

Grass Knot: Now that it's a Swampert-Gastrodon meta, it can be a good move to run. You can also hit things like Krookodile super effectively!

Flygon: Speed control mon with a good speed and nice moves. Also helps a lot vs shit sunteams.

Draqon Claw: Same as previous but with 80 BP

Fire Punch: Good coverage move. You can KO Durant and hit hard stuff like Bronzong or Forretress. You can also run Fire Blast for better damage on Forretress.

U-Turn: Momentum move. Again not much to elaborate.

Earthquake: 100 BP STAB move. Not much to elaborate really.

Umbreon: The special wall of the team and cleric. Really bulky mon overall with an amazing move in Wish:

Wish: Cure itself, cure the team, and that's it lol. You can force a lot of mind games with it as well.

Protect: Buy a turn for anything. Extra cheap if anyone is toxic'd, scout for choice pokémon, stall weather, get the 100% heal with Wish, etc. Fix the bug though :I

Heal Bell: Not much of an explanation here. Heal status. It has an extra plus on Umbreon though because you can absorb the toxic lets say from Rotom-H, with Synchro you status it as well and then you heal yourself!

Foul Play: Have a stab to deal damage with. Deny some physical setup mons, and just have a good BP move (u rely on your opp atk though but still quite good)

IGN: RealDevilLegend

Edited by isi1993

Let's try something :
https://pokepast.es/4ddfda5d0c3f1ee1

Alakazam: because p2 still i the tier imo that's almost the only set of alakazam viable in UU atm. It still be a very dangerous cleaner/sweeper after a nastyplot but the real problem is his almost inexistant bulk so i tried to make it easier to set up.

Umbreon: the best friend for alakazam, wanted to find a pokemon who can easily set a sub and use batton pass to alakazam to not use the sash on the switch in.

Empoleon: needed to have a strong defoger since i run focus sash on alakazam. can toxic some special wall that can be ennoying for alakazam. Also ,p2 still a real probleme in this tier and knowk of can be really usefull to knock the p2's eviolite or some scarf mon that can outspeed Alakazam. EV spread: outspeed P2 with few speed

Rotom: with some weakness to fight and ground , i needed something that can check these 2 kind of type. Also have a lack of momentum with the 3 first mon something that can use volt switch or uturn isnt a bad idea. Since we dont have ghost type that can easily keep momentum , i choose this little rotom to get all these job done at one time.

Gliglar:  since the team still weak to fight type move , i decided to take another fighting resist with me, also i didnt have any volt switch immunity and no stealth rock. The EV spread is to resist to hidden power ice from rotom heat specs.

Porygon Z: thinking about an UU team without him kekw. Can spam tri-attack with the metronome and can also come easily with umbreon's sub.

https://pokepast.es/9b8872124575d201

My team is based on putting pressure on the opponent with pokemons with great offensive potential, with walls that can give them the moment to hit or kill, Poliwrath is like a brake for Azumarill BD and hit hard with CC, it is the fighting pokemon I was looking for , Typhlosion Specs to hit HO teams hard, Yanmega is a good wallbreaker, with wearing down Porygon or Lanturn it can sweep whole teams, Gligar / Forrethres / Porygon are solid walls, also 2 of them are capable of giving time for the 3 Sweepers what do I bring

Edited by GasaiYunoSan

https://pokepast.es/151daef0fb05083b

Okey i did an XD team,

The idea of the team is to catch  pokes with pursuit krokodile that do not allow the full potential of a fighting type to be exploited (in my case i chose toxicroack because I think he's great in the tier, leaving vaporeon useless and being a perfect check for the water types)

If you have questions about how the team works or why they have the evs they have, feel free to talk to me in discord. Mendez#0332

Edited by MendeeZ

https://pokepast.es/05714fdd72f89897

this team is basically a revamp of the team that i ran in [UU] Bug catcher Time finals vs Wallarro

Zam + Scrafty

alakazam.gif

Ok so i'll start with Zam, amazing underrated mon in UU imo with a huge sweeping potential but his problem is the lack of bulk in a tier with a lot of scarf (Krookodile, Flygon,Staraptor and Rotom) which means easily revenge killable.

Protect is kinda here to scout opposing scarf u-turn and the colbur is here to avoid zam to be rk'd by Krook with a pursuit after you scouted which move they locked on. Keep on mind that Zam is an absolute beast if YOU DON'T MISS Focus Blast (gl).

Calcs:

Spoiler

+2 252 SpA Alakazam Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Umbreon: 170-200 (84.1 - 99%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 SpA Alakazam Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Empoleon: 202-238 (105.7 - 124.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 SpA Alakazam Focus Blast vs. 144 HP / 176+ SpD Snorlax: 204-240 (80.6 - 94.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 SpA Alakazam Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Porygon2: 140-166 (72.9 - 86.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252 SpA Alakazam Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Gigalith in Sand: 158-186 (82.2 - 96.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Krookodile Pursuit vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Colbur Berry Alakazam: 58-70 (44.6 - 53.8%) -- 44.1% chance to 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Weavile Pursuit vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Colbur Berry Alakazam: 90-106 (69.2 - 81.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

scrafty.gif
My second choice was between Heracross with spikes support and this big boi since they both resist dark. I feel like Scrafty is better here because dragon dance is another threat that the opponent will have to deal along with nasty plot zam. This set allows to wall mons that can annoy Zam like Dusclops, Bronzong and Spiritomb.
Taunt annoys hazer like Vaporeon however you'll have to be lucky with the shed skin proke. This spread allows Scrafty to outspeed Porygon-Z and Roserade after a dd and rest is to maximize its bulk.

crobat.gif
Crobat is the best UU mon imo, amazing speed tier and very useful resistances. Zam and Scrafty are both weaks to heracross this is why i put crobat in there which resist both stab (stone edge burned can hurt but the rest of the team can deal with that)
spreads allow to outspeed max speed Jolly Scrafty after a DD, max def and rest in HP to maximize its bulk.

swampert.gif
Basically needed a volt switch blocker to stop lanturn/rotom heat to pivot like they want. Could have chose another mon of this list aka gastrodon which is a better tank but fuck walls we want stuff that like truck. Toxic sub is a great combo to stall out Slowbro/vapo and earthquake them back to deal big damage as mentionned above.
Spoiler

252+ Atk Swampert Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Vaporeon: 82-97 (34.5 - 40.9%) -- 63.3% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Swampert Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 58-69 (28.7 - 34.1%) -- 98.9% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

metagross.gif
Another very useful mon for the team, basically the switch in to punish with Rocky Helmet stuff like Staraptor BB or Flygon DC that you scouted earlier with Zam.
Metagross also set Stealth Rocks and combo very well with Swampy against Rotom-H.
Checks stuff like Snorlax, can 1v1 forretress that spin vs metagross and beat crobat which annoy scrafty.

porygon2.gif
Last but not least, the unkillable mon aka P2. 
Well huh the duck is here to check and even come in on threat like Sigilyph, Specs Yanmega and hit like a truck anything that isn't a wall. 

Goodluck all and amazing event Quinn UwU
IGN: iMat

Team: https://pokepast.es/166a1b400d50c104

I chose Gastrodon to make an stall team.

Spoiler

GASTRODON

Special wall with mail to avoid trick, recover to heal himself, toxic, and his two stab attacks ( Earth Power & Scald).

Spoiler

BRONZONG

The one who put the Stealth Rock, physical wall with HP Fire for Durant & Bisharp or even for other Bronzong. Psychic cuz is a stab attack and toxic to apply status issues.

Spoiler

UMBREON

Special wall healer, good Sygiliph counter or other special attackers.

Spoiler

CROBAT

Stall breaker (Taunt) with enough speed to beat porygon-z. He's also the defoger.

Spoiler

DUSCLOPS

Fight immunity with haze for boosters.

Spoiler

SNORLAX

Booster & special wall. In lategame when every enemy's pokemon is hurt, with a simple boost you can easily win.

https://pokepast.es/6743d22aca9ff340
This is my team.
It's a balanced team around Weavile CB.
The idea of the team is to annoy the opponent with rocks and spikes that will facilitate Weavile's sweep.

Weavile: I chose the choice band set because it has a lot of damage and has access to pursuit to do revenge kill.

Crobat: It is a very good pokemon in the tier that fulfills different functions, yanmega check, deffoger, it is an excellent wall to stop heracross or scrafty. I carry it with enough speed to outrun Jolly Staraptor (if isn't scarf, sure)

Rhyperior: It fulfills several functions in this team, cut voltswitch, rock setter, check for porygonz, endure staraptor and arcanine. In this case i use it with toxic, other options would be Smack Down for Bronzong or Dragon Tail.

Rotom Heat: It is necessary to carry something for mamoswine that although it is not used much, it can be a threat. In this case i wear the choice scarf set with trick and hp grass to weaken a swampert If he is about to die. I carry it scarf to avoid a possible sweep from Durant.

Roserade: I needed something to cover me from water type attacks, roserade is perfect for empoleon, vaporeon, lanturn, gastrodon that could give me problems if this pokemon was not in the team. I have a set with spikes and 3 attacks, hp fire to eliminate possible Forretress that are counter to Weavile. By carrying it with bulk it holds up better, in addition to preventing a Azumarill Belly Drum from sweep away the team.

Mismagius: A ghost fit well in this composition, spiritomb was an option but it didn't fit well with Weavile, so I put this mismagius with a support set. With this set we can annoy the stall that are seen a lot in UU, Colbur Berry to resist the crunch of krookodile and execute the WoW movement to reduce its offensive potential and thus stop a powerful threat. He's got enough speed to outrun Sigilyph.

https://pokepast.es/faac12fe322a2590

I chose weaville because it has good speed apart from a good attack, and crobat charging it from the fighting types, swamper would enter predicting a voltiochange or an anti crobat rock type, porygon 2 holds very well for the special part and rotom nastly plot will take care of a late sweep. postscript I don't know but I did it for fun.

https://pokepast.es/6c96a6e7a6343f24

I chose Alakazam because it is a pokemon with a lot of potential to sweep a team, I use it with a focus band so as not to feel threatened of being locked up with a pursuit, to resist attacks with priorities and if I see the need to boost it without running the fear of dying

Empoleon: It would be my defogger to take care of Alakazam's focus sash and cover him of all his weaknesses, Protection to detect which mov a pokemon will use with an object chosen in the example such as krookodile, staraptor

Krookodile: Krookodile's function is to try to do as much damage as possible with pursuit and leave pokemon like Porygon 2 and Snorlax to rank that does not give HKO with focus blast at +2

Dusclops: would be my physical wall and direct counter to snorlax

Swampert: is the safe volt switch short and counter for gigalith and bulk water

Yanmega:  would be my other special sweeper with its to Sweepe many pokemons more than anything a direct counter of alakazam like umbreon and also has the facility to wear out and gain moment with uturn 

Cute dynamic UwU

https://pokepast.es/2f18ce8943dacdc3

Here's the team. I chose Kazam cuz it never gets love and that's really unfortunate. Anyway about the team:

Alakazam:

The Kazam set might make you go "wtf this guy doing????" At first. But let me explain it: Trick, protect, disable, psychic with choice specs. Ok so Kazam goes in vs a mon that scare of it. Let's say they switch in metagross for a example, what we will need to do is just trick on the switch in. Now the metagross is choiced and we have leftovers or whatever it held. Now we will protect. The metagross will try to hit us with a meteor for example but we protected. The next turn we disable and his move will fail. We won the 1v1 and he have 2 options, switch or stay and struggle, we dont mind both, we just gonna hit whatever comes in with a strong psychic. Also on another note, we don't even have to trick if opponents has no psy switch in, specs psy hits like a truck.

Swampert:

This sick swampert set I been using in DPP for beating those awful clefts and figured it'd be amazing in here aswell. Max atk pert EQ hits like a truck, and covers most of the tier. Thankfully swamp doesn't need speed so we can run it mixed with a brave nature. Therefore I am using scald, will be using it for mons that immune to EQ such as crobat, rotom-h, bronzing, as much as scald isnt that strong, it's a move that wins certains games just by burning a threat, no mon will have easy time switching in against it. Now for the heat - Focus punch! Does the same damage as stab EQ from swampert, this move is really strong and will come very handy vs those awful pory2s! EQ it once, your opponent will see that you deal around 40% so he should think: "oh, I'm beating this 1v1, let me just recover" and BAM you hit them with a 80% HP super effective focus punch, extreme heat.

Rotom-heat:

This rotom-h is not your typical scarf one. It has both defensive and offensive characteristics. I've seen some bold scarf trick rotoms, sure it's a cool surprise, but what's special about this one is its speed. This rotom is gonna be our defogger, that's why the HP invest, to make it durable for the long run. Rotom-heat in general is a great mon with a great typing, and it will surely contribute to any team's core. I run max speed on it to outspeed the 85 base speed mons, such as hera and toxicroak, so that if we ever wanna trick scarf, we will still be able to outspeed those. It also helps alot with the speed control if we dont want to trick, and regardless, can't go wrong with scarf volt.

Crobat:

Well, doesn't need introduction, this is the best mon in uu imo. Typing, uturn access, Strong stab, amazing speed, can't really go wrong with it. On this team we are running a more defensive crobat, but it's also a wall breaker. Poison stab toxic (cant miss)+taunt beat literally almost any mon that isnt a steel type. With rocky helmet you really just easily make fighting types kill themselves, every cc you catch they lose 16% so that's really good. You got read and they caught you with a super effective ice punch or something? Just roost it off. With this spread not much kills u, you eat boosted facade from hera for breakfast and do a whole bunch of beating afterwards. 

Empoleon:

Scarf. Modest. Empoleon.

Before you gonna be like ????? Hear me out. Modest emp hits 112 speed. With scarf its 168. That means we outspeed +speed base 100s. That means this emp is faster than: Raptor (dies to ice), krooko (dies to scald), arcanine (dies to scald), yanmega (dies to ice), rotom-h (dies to scald) and many more. No one ever gonna expect scarf so you definitely gonna catch some op KOs. Emp is a steel so it works as a poryz counter, not only that, if that's a specs pory you gonna outspeed it aswell and hit it extremely hard with hydro.

Abomasnow:

So I wanted a swamper+blastoise switch in and a priority user and found this gem. Abomasnow is never seen in UU but it actually fits in quite amazingly. Whether if used as a lead to 1hko those druddigons or to be used as water counter or many more option, this mons typing and moveset make it great in the tier. Max speed to tie with max speeds azumarills and max spatk make it hit hard asf and nothing is safe when aboma is around. Hp fire to catch those annoying steels on the switch in and it them hard. Even with the modest nature, sometime all u need is a lil cheap vs a fast mon or a sash user to kill it, and aboma does it fantastic with ice shard. 

That's it, ty for reading and gl if you are going to try the team lemme know how'd it do.

Edited by SweeTforU

weavile.pngflygon.pngcrobat.pngbronzong.pngporygon-z.pngemboar.pnghttps://pokepast.es/edfebbe5befe5fc8  ( I DID A EDIT ON THE TEAM READ AGAIN XD)

In general:

Yo, So I decided to build with Weavile. The team team is a balance with Emboar because since the start I wanted something  new, after cheking its moves and stats to put it on the team. Ngl I'm surprised that this mon can be so useful on the tier since it has an awesome movepool. The main function of Emboar is get some kills on surprise with Head Smash scarf and be a nice end game sweeper. Since I am using Weavile a big problem to the team would be Rotom-Heat so I decided to put Flygon support that can deal with it, its awesome type combination allow it to be a nice Defogger and good Sp. Def. wall. Another mon that is problematic to my team is Heracross to deal with it I have Crobat and Bronzong both can help each other facing strong Physical pokemon besides that Crobat can deal with most of walls cince it is immune to toxic and has Taunt, Bronzong is essential on this team to check Porygon-Z that is the main threat to the tier right now. Porygon-Z is a wallbreaker to make the way clear to Emboar and Weavile very standart Choice Specs. Weavile to be honest is not the main pokemon of the team but has a cool set, Protect to avoid some Fake Out and scout Choice Scarf, and if Medicham use Hi Jump Kick it will crash.

weavile.gif

Spoiler

Weavile @ Life Orb  
Ability: Pressure  
Level: 50  
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Jolly Nature  
- Icicle Spear  
- Night Slash  
- Ice Shard  
- Protect  

This set is interesting, Weavile is a powerful revenge killer due to Priority with Stab and high Atk. the main characteristic of the set is Protect as I said before it can scout scarf and avoid come fake out besides making Medicham lose some life at hi jump kick crash.

flygon.gif

Spoiler

Flygon @ Mail  
Ability: Levitate  
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD  
Sassy Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe  
- Flamethrower  
- Defog  
- Roost  
- Toxic  

Flygon is my favorite mon to deal with Rotom-Heat it has immunity to Eletric moves and resist Fire moves, it has an awesome movepool to a support mon with Roost+Defog can help any team a lot as it can defog in front of a big variation of pokemon. Its 0 speed + Sassy nature is useful to move slower than Gligar and always defog after rocks or toxic on switch because of U-Turn.

crobat.gif

Spoiler

Crobat @ Black Sludge  
Ability: Inner Focus  
EVs: 244 HP / 140 Def / 124 Spe  
Jolly Nature  
- Brave Bird  
- Taunt  
- Toxic  
- Roost  

Crobat is essential in any UU team nowadays considered a S pokemon in the tier can deal with walls and offensive mons being a good support, in this team it will mainly help with Heracross and another fighting pokemons and of course deal with some 6 walls teams (lol). Its EVs can pass scraft Max Speed +1, 244 HP cuz odd HP is essential

bronzong.gif

Spoiler

Bronzong @ Leftovers  
Ability: Levitate  
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 12 SpD  
Relaxed Nature  
IVs: 0 Spe  
- Stealth Rock  
- Grass Knot
- Toxic  
- Psychic  

Bronzong is on the team to help Crobat dealing with pokemon like Heracross and be a nice stealth rock setter, besides that it can check Porygon-Z that is the main threat in the tier right now, 244 HP EV cuz odd HP grass knot to deal with swampert

porygon-z.gif

Spoiler

Porygon-Z @ Choice Specs  
Ability: Adaptability  
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk  
- Tri Attack  
- Thunderbolt  
- Ice Beam  
- Trick  

No comments haha, awesome wallbreaker 2HKO a lot of thic things and essential if u want clean the oponnent's team the set is very standart because fits well in the team.

emboar.gif

Spoiler

Emboar @ Choice Scarf  
Ability: Blaze  
EVs: 252 Atk / 44 SpA / 212 Spe  
Lonely Nature  
- Head Smash  
- Superpower  
- Flare Blitz  
- Grass Knot 

Now the EMBOAR, it is a mon that surprised me a lot with his strength and awesome movepool its main function is kill some mons with the scarf surprise and be a nice late game sweeper. 212 Speed EVS+Choice scarf can pass base 100 max speed pokemon by 1 point and the rest of evs are to deal max dmg possible here some calculations:

252+ Atk Emboar Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Heat: 170-202 (108.2 - 128.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Emboar Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Rotom-Heat: 124-148 (78.9 - 94.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Emboar Head Smash vs. 244 HP / 236 Def Crobat: 168-198 (87.9 - 103.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
44 SpA Emboar Grass Knot (80 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Swampert: 100-120 (48.3 - 57.9%) -- 93.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
44 SpA Emboar Grass Knot (100 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Donphan: 120-142 (60.9 - 72%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Edited by PedroLindoUnico

https://pokepast.es/8355ded2cf59856d

Spoiler

Gastrodon: Picked Gastrodon because it was the slowest mon on the list, in order to make my strategy work I need to cheese my opponent to oblivion so when they see the team they will click x. If this thing comes in on a water move it will also do some big scald damage.

Bronzong: Set up rocks and/or trick room then go boom. 

Porygon2: Needed to get some points from Umbra by including the op P2 on the team. Also sets up trick room and can teleport to my powerhouse Gastrodon. Sadly I had to run eviolite on this mon so it had more bulk otherwise it would be another Quick Claw.

Abomasnow: Pretty good mon, rock slide to hit rotom and ice shard to go first if you're afraid of your skills.

Bronzong2: Sadly Bronzong's evolution does not get trick room but it has better offensive stats. Bullet punch is nice priority if you really need to make sure you go first but with this team you should be going first always anyway.

Drifblim: First thing I saw that was somewhat slow with defog, should tank some things decently and has some nice support moves.

Edited by xXBlu3BreathXx

https://pokepast.es/ccd00ad50a504573

roserade.pngalakazam.pngbisharp.pngswampert.pngbronzong.pngcrobat.png

Alakazam Offense

Teambuilding Process

Spoiler

I started by picking Alakazam for this challenge. Alakazam has a lot of interesting features, it is a fierce sweeper yes. But it can also bring a lot of utility, with a wide array of supportive options and I think these supportive features have not been explored well enough yet. Using Alakazam does mean that the team will often lean towards offense, this team is no exception, being a fairly offensive but not quite HO team.

The main idea of this team is to utilize Toxic Spikes by pressuring teams with strong Psychic and Steel types. There aren't many Toxic Spike absorbers in the UU meta, and Bisharp complements that by pressuring the Defog. Furthermore the team pressures opposing Roserade very hard, which makes it tough for them to come in and absorb spikes freely. Tspikes allows mons like Alakazam, Bronzong and Swampert to really threaten Pokémon that would usually be able to deal with them, like P2, Dusclops, Spiritomb. While the team also pressures opposing Steel types with strong Earthquakes.

alakazam.png

Alakazam offers a lot of pressure, but it has two major flaws. It is incredibly frail and also gets easily pursuit trapped in a tier with many pursuit users. Spiritomb and Krookodile are definitely two mons that make using Alakazam really tough, but again it is mostly the full sweeper Zam that experiences these issues most. Using Substitute allows Zam to scout for switches, and more importantly have a solid way around Sucker Punch. Encore gives Zam some really nice utility, by being able to lock mons into boosting or healing moves. I'm still on the fence on either Encore or Disable in the last slot, but I wouldn't be able to tell without testing. Encore is definitely safer versus Spunch, but Disable allows for a lot of utility combined with Substitute.

EVs: Max speed might be a bit of a waste on Zam, as without Sball it doesn't benefit from speed tieing with other Zams, the next benchmark to hit was Durant I believe, but again my speed tier knowledge is a bit limited in UU. A few EVs in Spdef allows Alakazam to live a Scarf Tri Attack from PZ in a pinch (after rocks) and the physical bulk allows Zam to live CB Bullet Punch and Aqua Jet after Rocks.

roserade.png

Roserade will often be the lead of this team, carrying the Focus Sash to cripple the opposing team quickly with Sleep Powder and Toxic Spikes. Hidden Power Fire is necessary to get Forretress out of the way, who can otherwise Spin comfortably against Rose.

EVs: Outspeed timid Rotom, while the defense bulk allows us to live a Belly Drum Aqua Jet from full HP.

bisharp.png

Bisharp functions as a deterrent for Defog and can take advantage of Pokémon locked into Dark moves. 

EVs: Outspeed max speed Modest Empo, the Spdef investment allows Bisharp to survive 2 Tri Attacks from Scarf PZ, rest of the EVs have to be weird cause lvl 50 sucks.

swampert.png

Offensive Pert hits incredibly hard, and with Refresh it can shrug of Will o Wisps from the likes of Rotom, Dusclops or Spiriomb and Toxic from P2. Being able to shrug status off while the others are being whittled by Toxic Spikes allow us to force these mons to Recover, giving us opportunity to switch to other threatening mons.

EVs: Again level 50 sucks. 196Atk EVs allow us to OHKO standard Calm Empoleon, while providing enough fire power to threaten others. Standard speed to outspeed Ada Rhyperior, the rest is in bulk while keeping the Spdef 1 stat higher.

bronzong.png

Offensive Bronzong can hit incredibly hard with an invested Earthquake and Gyro Ball. Iron Ball allows Bronzong to further cripple mons and makes Rotom-H, opposing Bronzong and Crobat vulnerable to Earthquake. Iron Ball does negate its own Levitate, but your opponent will not know that until it sees Iron Ball. The last slot I'd have to experiment with, for now it holds Hidden Power Fire to hit Forretress.

crobat.png

CB Bat, with all the pressure around Steel types the bat can be a surprise cleaner, while Pursuit can also offer a lot of utility. Most importantly it offers many key resistances that the team is lacking, like Bug, Fighting and also Ground while Bronzong is still holding on to that Iron Ball. The last moveslot is a bit tricky. QA could maybe pinch some important KO against a fast Scarf or boosted Priority user, but things like Cross Poison, Toxic or Defog are viable options as well.

Usage Tips

Spoiler

The first thing to understand about the team is that you want to end matches relatively fast if you can. The team does not have many recovery options, but it does have multiple tools to disrupt the opponent like Sleep, Encore, Trick etc. You will often be the aggressor, don't forget that the opponent will be afraid of you when it sees the damage the Pokémon are dealing.

You will often want to lead with Rose and either fire off a Powder or a Spike. Other good leads are Crobat, Swampert and even Bronzong if you forsee that you will need the utility of Levitate quickly. (Sadly Iron Ball is a double-edged sword sometimes, but Metagross does not gain Levitate after Trick, making it less desirable for the team). Use Alakazam to bait in bulkier mons that would get crippled by Tspikes if you can. Or force in their Steel Types and pressure with Swampert and Bronzong.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.