Doubles Teambuilding Competition - June

Doubles Teambuilding Competition Arcanine  sprite from Black 2 & White 2 & Black & WhiteGyarados  sprite from Black 2 & White 2 & Black & WhiteSnorlax  sprite from Black 2 & White 2 & Black & White

What is the Doubles Teambuilding Competition?
The Doubles Teambuilding Competition is a monthly competition where people who want to compete are given a Pokemon to build a team around. Once the deadline for team submissions has finished, a vote will be held for the best team!

How to Participate

To compete, reply with a Pokepaste of your team, as well as an explanation of your teambuilding logic. Please also include your IGN. 

Voting

A panel of judges will select the best team after the submission deadline has passed!

Judges:

Rules

• The submitted team must be viable for the current PokeMMO doubles format
  • Don't copy other player's teams!
  • Be creative! 

Prizes

1st Place = 1m + Team Featured in OP*

2nd Place = 250k

This Month's Pokemon: Arcanine, Gyarados or Snorlax! Use 1 or more of these Pokemon to build your team!

675px-059Arcanine_RB.png.0c8148fe00081612436e5bc63c95259c.png130Gyarados_RB.png.6d778dde5602657a7ab7415193728678.png143Snorlax_RB.png.4b10f404ad53a417b901880746b7effb.png

Deadline for submissions is June 20th 00:00 BST

*Previous Winners:

@ThinkNicermamoswine.pngabomasnow.pngrotom-wash.pngtogekiss.pnghitmontop.pngcrobat.pnghttps://pokepast.es/e0a64be514489e65

@Fermie98 Gyarados iconGarchomp iconAmoonguss iconTyranitar iconLucario iconcrobat.png https://pokepast.es/4ebfe804cc4fcfdc

Edited by Rakhmaninov

https://pokepast.es/b353aa47b03204fc

okay so this is a team, i normally use, hitmontop and togekiss help a lot this team, wideguard blocks heatwave-muddywater-eartquake-rockslide-discharge, pretty common moves that can destroy or seriously damage this team , now my english isnt the best but i will try, speed with hitmontop and togekiss is needed in case u want to outspeed certain thins, like non speed ev blastoise, or in the case of togekiss with tailwind on his side, outspeeding crobat , the rest its simple, rotom-w and mamoswine work pretty well since mamoswine can hit dragons and grass and help rotom with priority(ice shard) while rotom can boost thanks to his bulk , or keep pressing with eartquake and discharge combo , anyway going into chandelure and scizor, theyre the best option agains tr, chandelure hits really hard a lot of tr setters, and scizor can just boost and bpunch you to death or bug bite to death, i forgot to said tailwind helps the team with the main issue which is SPEED, overall the teams works pretty fine with the support that hitmontop and togekiss offers, as well as the coverage the mons have.

IGN: juaie

Edited by juajuajua
forgot to add ign lol

https://pokepast.es/d0fbb5507d2d48f3
Aight, so Mamoswine will deal as much damage as possible with the help of its support mons such as Togekiss and Dusclops. Togekiss is there as pivot for the whole team where she can use tailwind and imprison opposing redirection teams, aswell as annoying opponents with its inconsistent consistent flinches and deal as much damage with its Modest nature since ppl rlly ignore togekiss' potential to deal damage aswell. Mienshao is there as a hit and run Taunter to use against trickroom teams and U-turn on opposing Slowking trickroom setter which guarantees an ohko. Salamence is there for intimidate support and making good use of its decent typing giving him multiple resistances that helps the team, he deals as much damage as possible while Tailwind is up and Tyranitar will be there to reset potential Snow warning opponents to prevent blizzard accuracy that would take out Salamence immediately and Dusclops is there as the tankiest support this team needs with its trickroom to go against faster enemies such as rain or reverse opposing trick room while at the same time carrying WoW to provide physical debuff its team need and Ally Switch(to evade taxes) to make good use of its ghost typing while carrying BrickBreak for opposing Screen teams and follow me togekiss. The team doesn't really do much against AoE opponents but they barely care because they are Hyper Offensive and they want to shut down opponents as fast as possible. As for the EV Spreads, Mienshao has the typical Jolly 252/252, Modest Togekiss 252/252, Standard Naive Salamence 252Spe/70Atk/186SpA, Standard Relaxed Dusclops with 252HP/136Def/120SpD. Mamoswine with Adamant Nature with maxed out atk and 56EV on speed is just a niche so she can outspeed other mons under weather conditions when the team's Tailwind is up. Tyranitar is quite Specially Bulky with its Maxed out SpDef and 168HP to survive surf and draco meteor from Sniper Kingdra under Sand Stream.
IGN: SuperiorHolmes

Hey! I'm glad this thread was actually a thing! I hope that more and more people see this thread and get encouraged to participate on it! Even if you guys are relatively new to the tier, or old veterans, threads like this always allow everyone to see the different type of creativity that exists within the players in the tier, and who knows? maybe you discover your new favorite Pokémon set on it!
And since we're already here, I might as well drop the first idea I got in my mind hehe.

https://pokepast.es/f35baed0a1235e13

As the name says, It's really just a standard HO haha. Drop Pokémon, win or lose in 4-5 turns hehe. I'm SHIT at using HO and even more at building it, so I don't think the team has tournament-level, but yeah, we trying haha. 

Teambuilding Process (I'll elaborate more on sets later)

Since we're using Mamoswine, we want to 100% run at least 2 ground immunities, so I decided I wanted to run Crobat - Rotom-W. I've seen so many HO teams running Crobat - Mienshao "core", so I also decided to drop Mienshao into the mix, giving a fast Fake Out user, and also packing a punch while being immune to Intimidate. I then added Tyranitar because it is probably one of the best in the tier (they ranked it S for a reason, though Togekiss is still the king hehe) and it provides me with weather control (vs rain-sun), and solid mon overall. Last but not least, we've got Chandelure! I honestly wanted to dump a steel type mon because gluing a steel type is generally what you want to do when closing a team, but yknow since this is Hyper Offense I just wanted more power, more damage and more immune to Fake Out, and I know Chandelure can give me all of that while helping me with threats that already existed with the previous team.

The Sets

Mamoswine: Standard glass cannon. Dual Stab + Prio (stab) and protect. Nothing to elaborate on, really. I decided to go Adamant instead of Jolly just because I'm running a Sash, and I can sacrifice not outspeeding certain Pokemon if it means hitting harder. Also I'll usually try to set up tailwind on turn 1-2, so in an ideal situation I'm still faster than everything hehe. 

Crobat: Standard Crobat I guess? Acrobatics as the heavy-damage STAB (Flying Gem boosts the move using 110 BP, so it REALLY hurts the first time it acros), Tailwind because it's one of the best moves in Doubles, Taunt because we hate supports/setup mons/trick room stuff. Last move is honestly a personal liking. Super Fang can immediately wear down fat pokemon like Togekiss, Tyranitar, Metagross etc etc, and if they're not carrying a Sitrus Berry they're most likely going to get KO'ed by your other Pokémon. You can run U-Turn for moméntum, you can run Roost if you hate life, or you can just not use a 4th move at all and you will not even notice lmao. I guess you can also run Quick Guard.

Rotom-W: Second Ground Immune for Mamos to spam EQ. Dual Stab in Tbolt and Hydro Pump, Protect because it's the best move in the game, and the last move, Discharge, was only to be a pain in the ass heheh. I could very well run Nasty Plot, but since I don't have a redirector as Togekiss or Blastoise, I'm going to have a hard time clicking it without my opponent punishing me hard. Discharge since it's a spread move, and has an amazing 30% chance of paralyzing your enemy. You can very well win a game the very momment you click this move once and get a double para, since your opponent will say "fuck you Discharge user" and probably will start throwing harder or straight DQ. Other options I can find are Electro-Web as a secondary semi speed control, Hidden Power Ice for Dragons, Hidden Power Fire if you really hate Scizor-Ferrothorn (and you also KO Abomasnow, could be cool to run actually), Dark Pulse as an emergency TR check on flinching, and maybe even status moves such as WoW and Twave, but since we're more an offensive Rotom I don't think status moves are the way to go. EV's are max speed because turbo Rotom > All, 164 SpA KO'es 252 HP Chandelure (164 SpA Rotom-Wash Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Chandelure: 168-198 (100.5 - 118.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO), and dump in HP. 

Mienshao: I honestly don't like this Pokémon if it's not sashed, but no one can deny how hard this MF hits with LO. You usually kill something turn 1 or 2, and then proceed to die, but that alone can be gamechanging since you might KO an important Pokémon. CC is a base 120 move with stab, if you don't ressist it you're going to lose at least 75% of your life. Stone Edge because it can KO Mence and almost KO some Togekiss, plus you also get to kill Crobat if yours manages to win the tie turn 1. I honestly have barely used Mienshao so as last moves I just decided to go Fake Out (Fake Out + Life Orb = kill yourself pls) and Taunt because I don't plan on running Quick Guard / WIde Guard, though honestly those could very well be there. I'm just not really experiencied with Mienshao so I don't know heh.

Tyranitar: The second best Pokémon in the tier. It does so much stuff while only being one pokemon. Weather control, Psychic-mons check, can prevent TR with Taunt, has both single and multi target moves, has aninsane bulk, has a very good atk stat, it's just amazing. The only drawback to it and probably a VERY important one is the x4 to Fighting type. Man, this tier has so many FIghting type viable Pokémon that it's sad, but oh well, it still does the rest of the job amazingly. Also taunt is there because I really hate TR stuff, you can use coverage like Fire Punch, Superpower or Stone Edge for single-target rock stab (since you actually KO stuff with it if you ever land one)

Chandelure: Now my bae Chandelure here. I really love this Pokémon in Dubs man, has an insane base SpAtk, so of course its Dual Stabs hit like a truck. Now, we carrin a cheesy Rotom-W bait to help Mamoswine! I mean it's no surprise to run Energy Ball Chandelure, but usually Rotom always lives since a lot of Chandelures are used with Timid nature instead of Modest. Now, with GRASS GEM though, it's another thing! I think SpDef Rotoms are actually a thing, but like if you face that u say "bg bad matchup" and win the mental battle. You SHOULD run 60 Spe on Modest Chandelure to be able to outspeed 4 Spe Rotom, but since I'm a lazy guy and posting this from mobile I won't change that in Pokepast hehehe. Max spa to maximize damage and dump HP just because. Full speed - spatk version is also viable and probably better on HO, but I enjoy eating 1-2 moves and still be around for a couple more turns haha. Gets rid of steel type mons as well that Mamoswine might not really like because they're either bulky as shit and won't die to its EQ or have prio like Bullet Punch. 

If you made it this far, damn man, you should really just steal the team and call it a post! But thanks anyway! Again, I hope this dynamic grows for the good and manages to lure more people into playing Doubles so we can all laugh and hate this ass tier! 

I might as well throw my own team into the mix, obviously not for any prizes though... 

https://pokepast.es/b4d5b18b9a66be57

Mamoswine  sprite from Black 2 & White 2 & Black & WhiteSalamence  sprite from Black 2 & White 2 & Black & WhiteTyranitar  sprite from Black 2 & White 2 & Black & WhiteMienshao  sprite from Black 2 & White 2 & Black & WhiteChandelure  sprite from Black 2 & White 2 & Black & WhiteRotom  sprite from Black 2 & White 2 & Black & White

I get the feeling that this is the "standard" mold that most Mamoswine teams will fall into, a standard hyper offensive team with tailwind support. 

With a few surprises...

Mamoswine icon

Scarf Mamoswine. Arash Ommati's Choice Scarf Mamoswine famously won the VGC 2013 World Championships, so I thought I'd have a go at building around it. 

It outspeeds base 130s like Crobat/Jolteon so that it can nail them with an Icicle Crash/Earthquake before they get a chance to move. The only downside is the power drop from Jolly nature instead of Adamant. An Adamant speed tier to hit would be 156 Spe, which outpaces base 110s with Scarf, if you want to give it a go :))

Salamence icon

Mixed Mence. Nothing too special. I thought that a timid nature wouldn't give me the longevity that a mixed set would, so I decided to forgo protect and opt for MixMence.

Tyranitar iconThis Tyranitar spread allows me to outspeed Garchomp in Tailwind, as well as surviving the following damage calcs:

• 252+ Atk Life Orb Excadrill Iron Head vs. 188 HP / 116 Def Tyranitar: 166-198 (83.4 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

• 252+ SpA Life Orb Abomasnow Leaf Storm vs. 188 HP / 4 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 166-198 (83.4 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

• 252+ SpA Choice Specs Pelipper Hydro Pump vs. 188 HP / 4 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 168-198 (84.4 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Mienshao iconStandard Mienshao *yawn* - next.

Chandelure icon

Overheat Chandelure. Considering most opponents would expect Heat Wave, Overheat bypasses Wide Guard, and with a 145 base SpAtk stat, is a huge nuke.

Most Metagross are EV'd to survive a 252+ Chandelure Heat Wave anyways, so this improves the matchup slightly.

Rotom  sprite from Sword & Shield

Light Screen Rotom-Mow. Since the metagame is becoming increasingly hyper offensive, I thought a bulkier Rotom-M set with Will-O-Wisp and Light Screen would be an excellent method of damage control (bar guts users like hariyama/conkeldurr). Without Rotom-Mow on this team, Rotom-Wash is a huge threat.

I hope this competition can help diversify the doubles metagame! Looking forward to seeing your submissions! ^^

https://pokepast.es/479de49bb3728d24

So mamoswine teams.

When I think of mamoswine in doubles, the first thing that comes to mind is obviously the mamoswine + rotom combo.

So that's what I went with.

Mamoswine: A pretty normal set for mamoswine i feel like. Its main stab moves in the form of earthquake and icicle crash, with its main priority move. I also gave it protect to be able to play around your opponents better.

Rotom-Wash: So, with rotom i wanted something a little bit diffefent. I chose ally switch because we can all agree, its quite broken at times. Discharge for the combo of rotom + mamoswine, and hydro pump as its main stab. Again protect to play around your opponent. This ev spread alows it to outspeed an excadrill outside of sand, while also being bulky and packing a punch.

Tyranitar: I chose tyranitar because its a very strong pokemon, with this set i outspeed kingdras if tailwind is up (assuming we are in sand). Using taunt to stop potential trick room setters, but also as support against follow me pokemon. Rock slide as its main stab, being good vs a lot of viable mons in the meta. (like chandelure, togekiss, salamence etc.)

The life orb allows it to OHKO most reuniclus' that are used in doubles with crunch. 

Chandelure: Chandelure is an obvious strong pokemon in the current metagame, being able to imprison trick room users and deal a lot of damage with shadow ball. In the team you're using chandelure to shut down trick room teams, but due to its typing it can also be really good next to the rotom-wash, cause its a really good pokemon to ally switch with. 

Hitmontop: In a team where your main offensive pressure is a mamoswine with earthquake and a rotom with discharge, you will likely need a mon with wide guard. I chose hitmontop because of its great movepool. With these evs you outspeed stuff like blastoise and togekiss, while with the attack and fighting gem you're able to OHKO most porygons.

Salamence: So, when I was looking at my team I noticed a lack of speedcontrol, I had no TR or sand abusers. I chose tailwind on salamence because of that. Salamence was mainly chosen because of its good offensive pressure while also being able to support the team. A lot of pokemon don't want to switch into it, which gives it nice oppertunities to get up tailwind. 

Obvious threat: So theres an obvious threat, rain. Against rain theres one main mon you should be using. Rotom. Your main shot against beating rain teams is ally switch. Using mons who do a lot of damage like salamence or chandelure, you can kill the rain abusers while your rotom takes the hit for them. Besides that you can try and use your tyranitar to get the sand up, but most good players will likely be prepared for this.

Team: https://pokepast.es/cf60a9bbaabda754

This team is based on Mamoswine trick room.

I'm adding Jellicent because he will help with that Fight immunity and I will be able to hit with water spout + water gem, trick room and wow to burn.

Beheeyem with Telepathy to be able to spam eq without any problem and helps to use trick room with mental herb in case of taunt.

Porygon2 is the best trick room + discharge pokemon and pretty good Mamoswine mate.

Mienshao and Togekiss to play comfortably outside the trick room and kill dark type mons. Imprision in Togekiss will make the opponent unable to use Follow Me & Protect

https://pokepast.es/92b00f8dc0016f02
salamence.gifazumarill.gifrotom-mow.giftogekiss.gifmamoswine.gifhariyama.gif
This team revolves in tailwind/speed control.

Salamence Dragon gem DMeteor/DClaw/Tailwind/Heat Wave

dragon nuke, heat wave for spread and 2nd tailwind support

Azumarill Sitrus Berry Belly Drum/Aqua jet/Protect/Superpower

• 164 Speed EVs allows it to be 1 speed faster than a non-speed invested Bisharp sucker punch with aqua jet and can set up belly drum infront of it 

Rotom-Mow Life Orb Discharge/Leaf Storm/Protect/WoW
Discharge to spread paralysis and for disquake combo

can be a good counter against Follow me blastoise to let azumarill sweep

• 220 Speed EVs allowing it to outspeed physical pokemon with base 80 Speed and burn them with WoW 

Togekiss Sitrus berry Follow Me/Thunder Wave/Tailwind/Air Slash
Physical Redirector with thunder wave and tailwind support

• 140 Speed EVs let it outspeed speed EV'd Adamant Scizor/Tyranitar and speed EV'd  Pelipper

Mamoswine Focus Sashed  EQ/Icicle Crash/Protect/Rock Slide
 common mamoswine set :3

Hariyama Flame Orb Fake Out/Wide Guard/Fling/Close Combat with Guts

Fling flame orb to base 80 speed stats mon to burn them or just Close combat lol

• 145 Speed under tailwind
  • Wide Guard to protect against spread moves

Edited by noomuch

https://pokepast.es/37ba7d6bfde8dd16

Mamoswine: Not too much to say about it. Dual Stab + Prio + Protect. Meh set.

Rotom-Mow: A lot of people here running Rotom-Mow and I definetely agree with them. It gets rid of Rotom-W which is probably the best counter to Mamoswine, can setup on a good ammount of things without immediately dying (Even more with Togekiss support), and just hits hard overall.

Tyranitar: I decided to run scarf tyranitar to get a nice unexpected surprise on people. Scarf Ttar is able to outspeed the likes of Starmie-speed-tier and below, and if not intimidated can deal devastating blows. Can get rid of Gengar, Garchomp, Salamence, opposing Tyranitars, etc, and can cheap other Pokémon to have a better roll vs them. Can't outspeed Crobat though.

Crobat: Standard Crobat, again, not much to say. Acrobatics with gem hits hard, Tailwind provides speed control, Taunt avoids the likes of setup, Trick Room, support, etc. Super Fang as last move to cripple bulky Pokémon such as Togekiss, Metagross, Tyranitar, Reuniclus, etc.

Chandelure: Chandelure helps vs the Steel type Pokémon the team might struggle a bit, along with Mamoswine of course. Dual Stabs hits hard, and we're packing Imprison + Trick Room combo to make sure to 100% win if vs a Hard TR team. We can also use that same Trick Room if we find ourselves in a position where the opponent has Tailwind up or just has a very fast team.

Togekiss: The support of the team. The best Pokémon in Doubles. Follow Me + Thunder Wave to help with support, Air Slash because having 60% flinch is fun, Roost because we like to live forever. I used to know what the spread was for but honestly I can't remember, it still tanks everything as long as it doesn't get double targetted with two super effective moves.

https://pokepast.es/e0a64be514489e65

mamoswine.pngabomasnow.pngrotom-wash.pngtogekiss.pnghitmontop.pngcrobat.png

A bit of a different take on the Mamo TW teams, mainly using Abomasnow because it has a good match up against Mow and Wash and the Hail helps out getting KOs for Mamo, on top of that the Grass typing allows for more EQ Spam.

mamoswine.pngabomasnow.png

This is the offensive Ice core of this team, Mamoswine and Abomasnow pressure each others checks very well. With Mamo being able to threaten Steel types, while Abomasnow can deal with bulky Waters. The 'sleeper-sweeper' in this team also enjoys Steel types being weakened. Double Ice Shard allows for a lot of utility and control. Not much else to say about this, they just are threatening together and the rest of the team aims to take advantage of the holes they open up or support this core to punch through the enemy team. Sash is a perfect item on Mamo as it has a very competitive speed tier and it takes no damage from both Sand or Hail.

rotom-wash.png

Bulky Rotom has fallen a bit out of flavor, but it is still incredible at disrupting the opponent. WoW helps us cripple stuff like Steel and Fighting types, which can otherwise be a menace to our main offensive core. Ally Switch should not be relied on, but it offers a way to redirect damage when it isn't expected, and this team does appreciate some redirection.

togekiss.png

But what is Togekiss for? Well in this team it doesn't redirect, but actually deals damage and is a secondary win con. Nasty Plot seems a bit underappreciated on Togekiss, it has a surprisingly high base SpA and with Tailwind support it can clutch many games with Air Slash. It gives us another solid check to fighting types, but the rest of the team does need to support it by threatening Steels and Tyranitar. In a pinch Togekiss might be able to prevent Trick Room as well, but we do have Crobat and Fake Out support as well.

hitmontop.png

Standard Hitmontop moveset. Wide Guard really helps this team out by protecting against opposing Heat Wave, or more importantly Rock Slide, it can also protect Hitmontop against Mamo's EQ in a pinch. With the Gem and investment, CC guarantees a knock out on max HP Chople Ttar, as well as doing massive damage against P2, that would likely fall to any other damage. Adamant or Impish don't matter here with the same base stat.

crobat.png

Standard Bat, nothing to be improved upon. Using Quick Guard to guard against potential Fake Outs, Bullet Punches and so on. Taunt is important to shut down Dusclops or P2. With the help of Hail, Crobat actually threatens some Sashers like Mienshao and Chandelure.

On 5/23/2021 at 10:52 PM, Akaruyo said:

Hey! I'm glad this thread was actually a thing! I hope that more and more people see this thread and get encouraged to participate on it! Even if you guys are relatively new to the tier, or old veterans, threads like this always allow everyone to see the different type of creativity that exists within the players in the tier, and who knows? maybe you discover your new favorite Pokémon set on it!
And since we're already here, I might as well drop the first idea I got in my mind hehe.

https://pokepast.es/f35baed0a1235e13

As the name says, It's really just a standard HO haha. Drop Pokémon, win or lose in 4-5 turns hehe. I'm SHIT at using HO and even more at building it, so I don't think the team has tournament-level, but yeah, we trying haha. 

Teambuilding Process (I'll elaborate more on sets later)

Since we're using Mamoswine, we want to 100% run at least 2 ground immunities, so I decided I wanted to run Crobat - Rotom-W. I've seen so many HO teams running Crobat - Mienshao "core", so I also decided to drop Mienshao into the mix, giving a fast Fake Out user, and also packing a punch while being immune to Intimidate. I then added Tyranitar because it is probably one of the best in the tier (they ranked it S for a reason, though Togekiss is still the king hehe) and it provides me with weather control (vs rain-sun), and solid mon overall. Last but not least, we've got Chandelure! I honestly wanted to dump a steel type mon because gluing a steel type is generally what you want to do when closing a team, but yknow since this is Hyper Offense I just wanted more power, more damage and more immune to Fake Out, and I know Chandelure can give me all of that while helping me with threats that already existed with the previous team.

The Sets

Mamoswine: Standard glass cannon. Dual Stab + Prio (stab) and protect. Nothing to elaborate on, really. I decided to go Adamant instead of Jolly just because I'm running a Sash, and I can sacrifice not outspeeding certain Pokemon if it means hitting harder. Also I'll usually try to set up tailwind on turn 1-2, so in an ideal situation I'm still faster than everything hehe. 

Crobat: Standard Crobat I guess? Acrobatics as the heavy-damage STAB (Flying Gem boosts the move using 110 BP, so it REALLY hurts the first time it acros), Tailwind because it's one of the best moves in Doubles, Taunt because we hate supports/setup mons/trick room stuff. Last move is honestly a personal liking. Super Fang can immediately wear down fat pokemon like Togekiss, Tyranitar, Metagross etc etc, and if they're not carrying a Sitrus Berry they're most likely going to get KO'ed by your other Pokémon. You can run U-Turn for moméntum, you can run Roost if you hate life, or you can just not use a 4th move at all and you will not even notice lmao. I guess you can also run Quick Guard.

Rotom-W: Second Ground Immune for Mamos to spam EQ. Dual Stab in Tbolt and Hydro Pump, Protect because it's the best move in the game, and the last move, Discharge, was only to be a pain in the ass heheh. I could very well run Nasty Plot, but since I don't have a redirector as Togekiss or Blastoise, I'm going to have a hard time clicking it without my opponent punishing me hard. Discharge since it's a spread move, and has an amazing 30% chance of paralyzing your enemy. You can very well win a game the very momment you click this move once and get a double para, since your opponent will say "fuck you Discharge user" and probably will start throwing harder or straight DQ. Other options I can find are Electro-Web as a secondary semi speed control, Hidden Power Ice for Dragons, Hidden Power Fire if you really hate Scizor-Ferrothorn (and you also KO Abomasnow, could be cool to run actually), Dark Pulse as an emergency TR check on flinching, and maybe even status moves such as WoW and Twave, but since we're more an offensive Rotom I don't think status moves are the way to go. EV's are max speed because turbo Rotom > All, 164 SpA KO'es 252 HP Chandelure (164 SpA Rotom-Wash Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Chandelure: 168-198 (100.5 - 118.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO), and dump in HP. 

Mienshao: I honestly don't like this Pokémon if it's not sashed, but no one can deny how hard this MF hits with LO. You usually kill something turn 1 or 2, and then proceed to die, but that alone can be gamechanging since you might KO an important Pokémon. CC is a base 120 move with stab, if you don't ressist it you're going to lose at least 75% of your life. Stone Edge because it can KO Mence and almost KO some Togekiss, plus you also get to kill Crobat if yours manages to win the tie turn 1. I honestly have barely used Mienshao so as last moves I just decided to go Fake Out (Fake Out + Life Orb = kill yourself pls) and Taunt because I don't plan on running Quick Guard / WIde Guard, though honestly those could very well be there. I'm just not really experiencied with Mienshao so I don't know heh.

Tyranitar: The second best Pokémon in the tier. It does so much stuff while only being one pokemon. Weather control, Psychic-mons check, can prevent TR with Taunt, has both single and multi target moves, has aninsane bulk, has a very good atk stat, it's just amazing. The only drawback to it and probably a VERY important one is the x4 to Fighting type. Man, this tier has so many FIghting type viable Pokémon that it's sad, but oh well, it still does the rest of the job amazingly. Also taunt is there because I really hate TR stuff, you can use coverage like Fire Punch, Superpower or Stone Edge for single-target rock stab (since you actually KO stuff with it if you ever land one)

Chandelure: Now my bae Chandelure here. I really love this Pokémon in Dubs man, has an insane base SpAtk, so of course its Dual Stabs hit like a truck. Now, we carrin a cheesy Rotom-W bait to help Mamoswine! I mean it's no surprise to run Energy Ball Chandelure, but usually Rotom always lives since a lot of Chandelures are used with Timid nature instead of Modest. Now, with GRASS GEM though, it's another thing! I think SpDef Rotoms are actually a thing, but like if you face that u say "bg bad matchup" and win the mental battle. You SHOULD run 60 Spe on Modest Chandelure to be able to outspeed 4 Spe Rotom, but since I'm a lazy guy and posting this from mobile I won't change that in Pokepast hehehe. Max spa to maximize damage and dump HP just because. Full speed - spatk version is also viable and probably better on HO, but I enjoy eating 1-2 moves and still be around for a couple more turns haha. Gets rid of steel type mons as well that Mamoswine might not really like because they're either bulky as shit and won't die to its EQ or have prio like Bullet Punch. 

If you made it this far, damn man, you should really just steal the team and call it a post! But thanks anyway! Again, I hope this dynamic grows for the good and manages to lure more people into playing Doubles so we can all laugh and hate this ass tier! 

Ratero. 

Pd: i will build a team with mamoswine for counter ur team with mamoswine. 

Edited by Xigbar

Okay, not gonna be eligible for prizes because I'm hosting but I have to give my insights as well.

Well, firstly before building a team I would look at the strengths and weaknesses of Mamoswine. Then the teambuild should be to 1) make use of Mamoswine's strengths and 2) allow the team to combat against the weaknesses of Mamoswine.

Mamoswine's Strengths:

- STAB Earthquake 

STAB Earthquake is an incredibly powerful tool in Double battles. Offensively Ground is great in basically every Doubles metagame ever and PokeMMO Doubles is no exception. Earthquake hits super effectively against Tyranitar, Metagross and Chandelure giving it one of the only ways to really hit hard against these Pokemon (and with a boosting item get them to OHKO territory).

- Ground + Ice coverage

Ground and Ice coverage is one of the best coverages in the game, and it is quite good in Doubles as well.

- Oblivious

Being not weak to Intimidate makes sure Mamoswine team doesn't have to focus on punishing Intimidate plays.

- Ice Shard

Being able to remove Salamence/Garchomp/Dragonite from the field with priority is extremely useful.

Mamoswine's Weaknesses:

- Earthquake is a difficult move to use

Earthquake's obvious downside is the fact it also hits your teammate but with a team consisting enough Ground-immunity, this could be worked around. In addition, it is subject to Wide Guard. Luckily the only reasonable Wide Guard user is Hitmontop.

- Mamoswine is squishy as heck

It's not for a team that wants to switch in all-game.

- Can't touch Rotom-Wash

Self-explanatory.

- Awkward speed tier

Being right in the middle is quite awkward. It means faster Pokemon will outspeed you by speed and slower Pokemon have Trick Room options.

This is why I would compile a list that Mamoswine team needs:

1. Enough Flying-types/Levitate Pokemon to make use of Earthquake

2. Teammates that focus on getting KOing the opponent before getting damaged because that's the best way for Mamoswine to survive

3. A proper way of speed control to allow Mamoswine to hit first

4. Ability to pressurize Rotom-Wash

The team I came with these clauses is this: https://pokepast.es/36e703c2caf24cf8

mamoswine.pngcrobat.pngmienshao.png

Mamoswine, Mienshao and Crobat is the core of the team. Mamoswine's best form of speed control is Tailwind and this is why Crobat is the best partner for Mamoswine because it is immune to Earthquake. The main objective for Tailwind teams is to prevent Trick Room. This is why Crobat needs Taunt and why Mienshao is great partner to these Pokemon. Fighting Gem Close Combat is an absolute nuke on Porygon2 and with combination of Crobat, it is very difficult to set up Trick Room against Crobat + Mienshao. Wide Guard is a great tech on Mienshao to allow Mamoswine to both protect Mamoswine from Muddy Water / Heat Wave and also allows Mamoswine to also use Earthquake. 

Sash is the best item for Mamoswine because it easily dies in one hit and doesn't take damage from any weather (Sand or Hail).

rotom-mow.png

These three Pokemon really do not enjoy playing against Rotom-Wash. This is why Rotom-Mow is an excellent 4th Pokemon for this team. It Levitates and counters Rotom-Wash just about the best from any Pokemon in Doubles. The moveset is standard dual STAB with Wisp to improve matchup on Metagross. Ally Switch seems a bit scummy but it can be a powerful move to buy turns against Trick Room teams if opposing Trick Room team happens to get Trick Room up.

tyranitar.png

Tyranitar unfortunately is needed for this team, so that rain doesn't run over Tailwind team - which is very common. This allows Tyranitar to remove rain and allow fast sweepers like Crobat + Mienshao to remove rain sweepers. The speed EVs is so that Tyranitar outspeeds base 105s in Tailwind. Tyranitar also serves as a Psychic switch in, which Crobat and Mienshao is weak to.

togekiss.png

Last mon is Togekiss w/ Yache Berry. Togekiss is a great Pokemon to make use of Mamoswine (and Mienshao's) squishiness with Follow Me, and it is another Ground immunity. Yache Berry is that TR Abomasnow matchup improves a little bit and revenges it with Heat Wave. Follow Me is also great to little bit annoy Trick Room teams. EV spread is to have a standard mixed bulk, to allow Togekiss to hit the second Sp. Defensive "bump" (2 stats by 8 EVs increase instead of 1).

Edited by OrangeManiac

mamoswine.gifblastoise.gifcrobat.gifkingdra.gifchandelure.gifhitmontop.gif most basical team https://pokepast.es/411b7ac0702417ef

I don't have skill so I made a team according to my needs

I put it mamoswine because I had to put it, it also gives immunity to the electric, which with this team will be good for us, place kingdra + blastoise because they are a good combination, easy to use and I take advantage of the immunity to the electric type of mamoswine, I place crobat to put tailwind, hit hard against things that can do effective damage and use quickguard to further protect my beautiful seahorse, I put hitmontop because its ability is very useful, with the gem it does good damage and also has access to movements such as fake out to push back threats to kingdra, wide guard so that they cannot hit the area with their movements and finally feint to take the protect off whatever, Lastly, this chandelure, which in addition to protecting mamos with its fire-type resistance, helps to protect me from the archeotype of tr equipment counting with movements such as tr imprision (so that they cannot activate the tr) and heat wave and shadow ball to take advantage of the stab

ty google traductor

https://pokepast.es/e5c160dff5268fed

Last second sign up maybe, kinda lazy to do damage calculations, too. But I think this is quite solid.

My idea was having Swagger on Rotom-M and Gyarados, since both synchronize well with Mamoswine. Rotom-M can deal with Rotom-W, since Mamoswine can't touch Rotom-W, neither Tyranitar really. It can also slow down opposing Pokémon, since Mamoswine's in a quite awkard place with its Spe, as it can't be quite the TR user, nor be fast. Gyarados can too slow down opposing enemies, yet can't deal with Rotom-W. But, it does have Intimidate, Taunt, and it's a Water- Flying-type, which deals with Fire-types, and can avoid Mamoswine's terrific Earthquakes at +2. Tyranitar also takes advantage over both Swaggers, plus gets rid of the pesky rain. Togekiss' job's to protect Mamoswine from all types of priority moves, since his Ice-type really doesn't help against any of them besides Ice Shard. Mienshao's quite close to Hitmontop, they share very close roles, as which's to fill some utility gaps, such as Fake Out, Quick Guard, and Wide Guard. In my case, Fake Out, Taunt, and Wide Guard, as Quick Guard's not needed because of Togekiss' Follow Me.

Now, I'll explain items and EV spreads.

Mamoswine doesnt have any specific EV spread, but it's Lum Berry serves as to not get confused by Swagger.

Tyranitar goes for 156 Spe, equals to 101 at Lv. 50. The rest is up on HP and max Atk. Lum Berry for the same reason as Mamoswine.

Rotom-M goes for 220 Spe, equals to 147 at Lv. 50 outspeeding Mamoswine and opposing Gyarados. Rest's up HP for sustainability and a bit on SpA. It's arguable that 252 SpA's better than 252 HP as it can kill most Rotom-W sets besides most Calm ones, but Leaf Storm at 44 can do the trick just fine too. It holds a Sitrus Berry for even more sustainability for Thunder Waving as most Pokémon as he can.

Not gonna lie but I don't know 100% why Togekiss has that EV spread. Didn't knew what to go with, so I went for OrangeManiac's EV spread and tweaked it a tad bit. I also went for Charti Berry instead so I can get off some hard Rock Slides. Mienshao's just standard really, can't go wrong with it. 

I think this team goes pretty well althogether, some nice syncs, and quite a pressuring offensive power.

And the winners are...

1st Place: @ThinkNicer

2nd Place: @isi1993

Congratulations! Check your mail inbox for your prizes!

Explanation

1st place was awarded to @ThinkNicer as it was the most creative submission, without sacrificing viability. Abomasnow and Nasty Plot Togekiss are excellent partners for Mamoswine, but are not immediately obvious choices. Well done!

2nd place was more difficult to decide. It was eventually awarded to @isi1993 for an excellent submission, with interesting non-standard choices, such as choice scarf Tyranitar.

Edited by Rakhmaninov
  • Rakhmaninov changed the title to Doubles Teambuilding Competition - June

This month's Pokemon are Arcanine, Gyarados or Snorlax!

Use 1 or more of these Pokemon to build your team.

Here's a sample team: https://pokepast.es/c88177286f46fa41

Arcanine  sprite from Black 2 & White 2 & Black & WhiteGyarados  sprite from Black 2 & White 2 & Black & WhiteRotom  sprite from Black 2 & White 2 & Black & WhiteScizor  sprite from Black 2 & White 2 & Black & White   Garchomp  sprite from Black 2 & White 2 & Black & White Tyranitar  sprite from Black 2 & White 2 & Black & White

Spoiler

59-0.png

Arcanine @ Leftovers  
Ability: Intimidate  
Level: 50  
EVs: 236 HP / 132 Def / 20 SpA / 60 SpD / 60 Spe  
Calm Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk  
- Snarl  
- Will-O-Wisp  
- Flamethrower  
- Protect

• Support Arcanine. 
  • Intimidate+Snarl+Will-O-Wisp for damage control, with STAB flamethrower for steel types like Scizor
  • Outspeeds 252 Spe base 70s
  • Survives 252 SpA Rotom-Wash Hydro Pump, with the rest in Defense
  • Forces an attack boost from Download Porygon2

130-0.png

Gyarados @ Leftovers  
EVs: 212 HP / 20 Atk / 44 Def / 132 SpD / 100 Spe  
Adamant Nature  
- Waterfall  
- Thunder Wave  
- Taunt  
- Protect  

• My second Gen 1 pick. 
  • Double intimidate with Arcanine
  • Thunder Wave offers a good source of speed control
  • Taunt as an anti-TR measure
  • Outspeeds 252+ Spe Tyranitar
  • -1 252+ Atk Tyranitar Rock Slide is a 3HKO
  • Earthquake immune

479-5.png

Rotom-Mow @ Sitrus Berry  
Ability: Levitate  
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 20 Spe  
Modest Nature  
- Leaf Storm  
- Thunderbolt  
- Will-O-Wisp  
- Light Screen

• The final member of my FWG core.
  • Will-O-Wisp+Light Screen for even more damage control
  • Quad resists electric, so it's a fantastic switch-in for Gyarados
  • Handles Rotom-Wash very well
  • Earthquake immune

212-0.png

Scizor @ Steel Gem  
Ability: Technician  
EVs: 204 HP / 252 Atk / 52 Spe  
Adamant Nature  
- Swords Dance  
- Bullet Punch  
- Bug Bite  
- Protect  

• FWG+Steel is a fantastic core for bulky offense style teams.
  • Steel Gem+Swords Dance+Technician Bullet Punch is a fantastic priority option
  • Deals with Reuniclus very well
  • Outspeeds 4 Spe base 70s like Metagross and Hitmontop

445-0.png

Garchomp @ Leftovers 
Ability: Sand Veil  
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe  
Jolly Nature  
- Dragon Claw  
- Earthquake  
- Substitute
- Protect  

• Substitute+Leftovers+Sand Veil is very annoying to play against
  • Substitute also temporarily blocks intimidate once it's set up
  • Garchomp+Scizor have fantastic switching synergy
  • Garchomp has fantastic 108/95/85 bulk, which works very well with bulky offense 

248-0.png

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry  
Ability: Sand Stream  
EVs: 188 HP / 172 Atk / 116 Def / 4 SpD / 28 Spe  
Adamant Nature  
- Rock Slide  
- Crunch  
- Superpower  
- Protect  

• Standard Ttar.
  • Wins weather war
  • Provides Garchomp with Sand Veil boost
  • Survives Life Orb Excadrill Iron Head, and Life Orb Abomasnow Leaf Storm in Sand

Looking forward to seeing your submissions!

• Rakhmaninov changed the title to Doubles Teambuilding Competition - June (Open for Submissions!)
19 hours ago, Rakhmaninov said:

This month's Pokemon are Arcanine, Gyarados or Snorlax!

Use 1 or more of these Pokemon to build your team.

Here's a sample team: https://pokepast.es/c88177286f46fa41

Arcanine  sprite from Black 2 & White 2 & Black & WhiteGyarados  sprite from Black 2 & White 2 & Black & WhiteRotom  sprite from Black 2 & White 2 & Black & WhiteScizor  sprite from Black 2 & White 2 & Black & White   Garchomp  sprite from Black 2 & White 2 & Black & White Tyranitar  sprite from Black 2 & White 2 & Black & White

Reveal hidden contents

59-0.png

Arcanine @ Leftovers  
EVs: 236 HP / 132 Def / 20 SpA / 60 SpD / 60 Spe  
Calm Nature  
- Snarl  
- Will-O-Wisp  
- Flamethrower  
- Protect

• Support Arcanine. 
  • Intimidate+Snarl+Will-O-Wisp for damage control, with STAB flamethrower for steel types like Scizor
  • Outspeeds 252 Spe base 70s
  • Survives 252 SpA Rotom-Wash Hydro Pump, with the rest in Defense
  • Forces an attack boost from Download Porygon2

130-0.png

Gyarados @ Leftovers  
EVs: 212 HP / 20 Atk / 44 Def / 132 SpD / 100 Spe  
Adamant Nature  
- Waterfall  
- Thunder Wave  
- Taunt  
- Protect  

• My second Gen 1 pick. 
  • Double intimidate with Arcanine
  • Thunder Wave offers a good source of speed control
  • Taunt as an anti-TR measure
  • Outspeeds 252+ Spe Tyranitar
  • -1 252+ Atk Tyranitar Rock Slide is a 3HKO
  • Earthquake immune

479-5.png

Rotom-Mow @ Sitrus Berry  
Ability: Levitate  
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 20 Spe  
Modest Nature  
- Leaf Storm  
- Thunderbolt  
- Will-O-Wisp  
- Light Screen

• The final member of my FWG core.
  • Will-O-Wisp+Light Screen for even more damage control
  • Quad resists electric, so it's a fantastic switch-in for Gyarados
  • Handles Rotom-Wash very well
  • Earthquake immune

212-0.png

Scizor @ Steel Gem  
Ability: Technician  
EVs: 204 HP / 252 Atk / 52 Spe  
Adamant Nature  
- Swords Dance  
- Bullet Punch  
- Bug Bite  
- Protect  

• FWG+Steel is a fantastic core for bulky offense style teams.
  • Steel Gem+Swords Dance+Technician Bullet Punch is a fantastic priority option
  • Deals with Reuniclus very well
  • Outspeeds 4 Spe base 70s like Metagross and Hitmontop

445-0.png

Garchomp @ Leftovers 
Ability: Sand Veil  
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe  
Jolly Nature  
- Dragon Claw  
- Earthquake  
- Substitute
- Protect  

• Substitute+Leftovers+Sand Veil is very annoying to play against
  • Substitute also temporarily blocks intimidate once it's set up
  • Garchomp+Scizor have fantastic switching synergy
  • Garchomp has fantastic 108/95/85 bulk, which works very well with bulky offense 

248-0.png

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry  
Ability: Sand Stream  
EVs: 188 HP / 172 Atk / 116 Def / 4 SpD / 28 Spe  
Adamant Nature  
- Rock Slide  
- Crunch  
- Superpower  
- Protect  

• Standard Ttar.
  • Wins weather war
  • Provides Garchomp with Sand Veil boost
  • Survives Life Orb Excadrill Iron Head, and Life Orb Abomasnow Leaf Storm in Sand

Looking forward to seeing your submissions!

Everyone take note that he didn’t use snorlax 

https://pokepast.es/26f5f964549d3f2b

The Pokémon I decided to go with was Arcanine because it's the one I like the most out of the three.
Metagross  sprite from Home
Standard dual stab metagross, with Substitute over the coverage move. This is for turns where you can force a double protect from the opposing side or to be able to fish for misses if the only move that can hit you doesn't have 100% accuracy. Prevents status as well from some slow Pokémon. Will go with a little extra in a while as to why Substitute. Oh, speed is to cripple the 101 speed-mark mons that are ev'd to outspeed the Base 130's on Tailwind (Such as Crobat or Jolteon)

Togekiss  sprite from Bank
Again, standard Togekiss. Provide speed control, redirection support with Follow Me, Air Slash emergency button for anything slower than it, and Roost to live forever. EV's are to live 252+ crit Draco Meteor from Kingdra, speed is to outspeed the rare scarf 252+ Rotom under Tailwind, and dump in defense. With the dump, Meteor Mash is actually a veeeery low roll to 2HKO, so you can kind of stall if Metagross doesn't boost it's atk. 

Rotom
Setup Rotom. It comes in, it lives something, it Nasty Plots, it kills one or two things. Simple af lol. 

Hydreigon  sprite from Bank
Utility Hydreigon here. Dual stab allows you to hit in a good way (but not nuke stuff since you're not LO or anything like that. Still good damage). Dark Pulse was preferred over Flamethrower/Heat Wave to be able to hit Reuniclus in a more efficient way, and having 20% chance of flinching is always appreciated. Haban to live the likes of Salamence and Garchomp, two Pokémon that outspeed Hydreigon and can effectively kill it, as well as have more freedom when facing lets say a Kingdra since you can gift a turn eating the Draco and forcing the Switch out / Kill it / if it stays It'll get punished with -2 spatk. Taunt as a small niche that people don't usually expect, helps vs Trick Room teams where they see Hydreigon out and think they're safe to use the move, while also shutting down some setup teams if played correctly. You can honestly run either the fire type move or Tailwind, all of em are cool options.

Amoonguss  sprite from Bank
I picked the small mushroom over common picks like Blastoise because I wanted a rain check and a Rotom check. It's VERY bulky, it can disable one enemy Pokémon for a couple of turns, has redirections, can RNG with it's ability, etc etc. Can be a bit of a deadweight in some matchups though, be careful. 

Arcanine  sprite from Bank
THE STAR OF THE TEAM! . Arcanine is a very fun Pokémon to play when you don't face triple water or a full special-attacker comp (Even if they're immune to Intimidate, Arcanine can still put up some work!). Heat Wave as its only damage move, Protect because it's important to protecc doggo, WoW can burn physical threats that thought were safe from Arcanine's Intimidate, and finally, the NICHE Howl! Howl is a move that increases your allies' Attack by 1, and goes through Sub and protect. So, you can basically picture a scenario where you get a free Sub or predict a nice switch, Sub with Metagross, protect, go into Arcanine, and give it a free Choice Band while still being able to switch between moves! This can actually help you KO stuff you probably didn't such as turbo setup Rotom, Togekiss (makes it a 2ko now), Tyranitar, Salamence, bulky Hitmontop, etc etc. It can come in really clutch in so many games, and while it can still work vs offense, the best use of it is vs bulky variants.

Edited by isi1993

https://pokepast.es/cebc296082d0820c
Gyarados Team!
Gyarados- gyarados but with lum
Electabuzz- fast bulky support that has access to feint and swagger that helps Gyarados for an easy sweep, the ev investments on its speed helps it outspeed gyarados so it can setup swagger first.
Hydreigon & Mr. Mime- Setup duo which can also be an alternative for Gyarados + Electabuzz leads such as Gyarados + wideguard/swagger Mime and Follow me electabuzz + setup Hydreigon, just don't get Mr.Mime taunted that's all :3
Tyranitar- the paste that keeps the team altogether, helps with the team's pacing by winning common weather wars and be there against TR
Crobat- crobat

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.