[PvP] Cancel Move Button

Limbow

Question

18 answers to this question

1 hour ago, BlueZacian said:

Cancel button and pp counter is a must, yes xD

But since, we don't know how many pp ups the opponent used on the move, we won't get 14/16 type of pp counter

So what should it be like is the question hmph

Just have both pp posibilities next to each other e.g. pp not maxed number - pp maxed number

This and speed should be able to be seen when hoovering on the mons icon like when you check the hp %.

1 hour ago, Limbow said:

Just have both pp posibilities next to each other e.g. pp not maxed number - pp maxed number

This and speed should be able to be seen when hoovering on the mons icon like when you check the hp %.

This can work on pc, but getting all this set in the phone's screen would probably be hard, and making this available only to pc users wouldn't be fair ;-;

Although, I really like the suggestion, can we try putting it on kyu's thread too?

Edited by BlueZacian

Yeah I mean. Just do it like on showdown.

Just:

-don't notify the opponent when you make or undo a move

-have the ability to undo your move at any time, any amount of times, unless both players have locked in a move. Then just play out the turn.

Assume the AI always chooses their move faster than you do, so this would only occur against human opponents.

Edited by Eggplant
7 hours ago, Eggplant said:

Just:

-have the ability to undo your move at any time, any amount of times, unless both players have locked in a move. Then just play out the turn.

Assume the AI always chooses their move faster than you do, so this would only occur against human opponents.

There's a timer , so they can know anyway 

9 hours ago, Eggplant said:

Just:

This is strictly for pvp but it can also be aplied for pve.

Now answering it seriously ... Introducing a mechanic of this style would make a confrontation with climatic or screen teams easier by not having to go counting turns and thinking about the momentum of the duel at the same time ... This would complicate the users of these teams and, as a consequence, it would very possibly make the metagame more repetitive.

And to give an extra reason ... Yes, I find it fun to count turns and pp, it is a strategy game, keeping your head busy with several things at the same time is the grace of this, right?

7 minutes ago, DiosSlurpuff said:

And to give an extra reason ... Yes, I find it fun to count turns and pp, it is a strategy game, keeping your head busy with several things at the same time is the grace of this, right?

It isn't cards :thonking:

Just now, Limbow said:

no

momentum, board position, damage/reward, thinking all the time how X or Y can affect future play ... I think a bit if

Anyway, I am not really to discuss this, I think that the cancel button is necessary and the other suggestions are counterproductive, and that will remain like that xD

On 5/21/2021 at 12:03 AM, Limbow said:

Add Cancel button to reedo your move or we cancel PokeMMO.

(Also add pp counter, screens counter, weather counter, move check, item check, base speed check) ty

Yes.That will be cool if there is cancel move button