Tier council discussion

Yo , so i would like to talk seriously about tier council in pokemmo. I didnt see any place to do that and that's why i do this in this section (i hope we will have a "staff review" section in the forum it could be a great idea). I would like to keep this topic serious and respectfull !
Before starting you just need to know i play since 2018 and im a SIA member so my opinion can be a little bit biased because some of the TC member come from my team!
Now we can start :D

So the actual TC is composed by: 

BurntZebra

Mkns

Tyrone

xXBlu3BreathXx

Stelian

Pachima

DoubleJ

MadaraSixSix

Lunarck

I will give my opinion about each member with what i know from them
BurntZebra: I never see him played , i guess he was playing before i joined the game but there is no point to let someone be TC if he doesnt actively play the game.

Mkns: Play a lot the game (tournament, ranked , unofficial) have a great knowledge about the game and in every tier. Can debate about everything know what he is talking about ! Can be good in a overall TC or in specialized TC for one tier

Tyrone: same as burntzebra.

xXBlu3BreathXx: I saw him a few times but not enough to say if he still care about the pvp meta in pokemmo

Stelian: Play a lot the game , have a knowledge about the game and in multiple tier. As i know him in team chat/discord he doesnt like when someone disagree with him but he still continue to debate. IMO if he invests himself he can be a good overall TC.

Pachima: Play the game (a lot ?), have a great knowledge about the game in a lot of tier (except dubs ?), i have seen him debate a lot (on forum, discord ) but sometimes i feel like he remains too much and his opinion and dont listen on the other side. Can be good in a overall TC

DoubleJ: Play the game (only unofficial). Never see him played other things than OU (maybe playing other tier in the past?). But most of time he is really pleasant to read in debate wont add wrong things to the debate. This is a good exemple of someone who cant be an overall TC but can be good in an OU only TC.

MadaraSixSix: Play a lot the game. Play all tier and have a really great knowledge about the game (and an actual top player in each tier and maybe the most complete player to actually play the game). Can debate easily but need to use translator to understand and say what he need to say perfectly. Can be a really good overall TC and also a good OU/UU/NU TC.

Lunarck: Play the game (but do less pvp than before). Can play all tier but is mainly OU and 10 times better in this tier than other. Have a great knowledge in OU. Can debate easily and wont say something if he knows he doesnt have the knowledge needed to speak about it. Can be a good OU TC but IMO not enough to be a overall TC.

The actual TC in pokemmo is an overall TC composed by some great player , some afk guys and and some "one tier player". As we can see there arent that much dubs player excepted Mkns in the tier council and this is a problem. For an overall TC the preference is to have great player who can play in (almost) every tier and know what are the actual meta of pokemmo (in 2021 not in 2016). But an overall TC is in my opinion somthing wrong in the developpement of the pvp community in the game. We need tier-based TC for each tier : a system with 3 or 5 TC member for each tier (3 is better imo because 5 is too much for our small community) and 3 overall TC so when something come to debate and up to a vote , the 3 TC member of the tier and the 3 overall TC will have to vote and one 7th vote from the community. 

Something else i would like to say is : the fact that some TC member come from the same team is irrelevant when they have to debate about the current meta they will do their job as TC member. We dont have the same opinion just because we come from the same team. As i know , madara ,mkns , gbwead, lunarck and stelian dont run the same kind of team in tournament so it means they have different opinion about what is broken or not in some tier.
Also what we need to have is a "community spot" in the TC so when somthing goes to a vote , the community can have a small influence on it because this is also the community that plays the game and not only the tier council !
One last thing , when something is decided from TC , it can be nice to see the thought from TC member and see who have vote for the ban or the unban of something.

I hope my english didnt stung your eyes lmao and ty to reading this.
Waiting for your though and review about TC ! (keep this appropriate pls)
All opinion are welcome ,even from the TC themselve and from Munya !

Good to see Madara in TC completly agree with what you said about him.

BurntZebra

Tyrone

xXBlu3BreathXx

havent seen anyone of them online and I play since 2018.

xXBlu3BreathXx made some post in discussion threads but no idea about Zebra and Tyrone.

Would be cool if the TC can tell us if and how they are participating in the tiering discussions.

A other thing that bothers me is that there is no official post made when the TC changes, with out this post i would have no idea that gbwead is out and Madara + Lunarck are in.

Thanks brah, appreciate your input. It would be nice to have more visibility regarding our TC members, as they are supposed to represent the competitive community. Maybe a summary from each of us would be helpful, but who knows. Each of our TC members are highly decorated competitive players who all typically have a good knowledge base in all tiers.

Fortunately and unfortunately, each of our tiers change drastically about every 3-6 months, whether that is because of movement based on usage or because of updates. This is exciting, but it's hard to commit that much time to in order to have marked success in matchmaking or tournaments. A lot of us fall into that category of not playing as much as we used to, but that doesn't mean we lack knowledge or interest. We're specifically picked for our broad knowledge. 

Speaking for myself, I'm probably one of the most decorated players of all time. I started in late 2012 and have won many, many tournaments in all tiers. From 2013 to 2016, I won an invite to every seasonal series including the Master's Invitational. I won seasonal championships in OU (2016), UU (2015), as well as placing third in both NU (2015) and Dubs (2016). I have played, managed, and/or hosted all but one PokeMMO Super League and won the event two seasons ago, playing as the championship tie breaker in Dubs and beating who was considered the best Dubs player at the time. I have been the Leader of what is considered one of the historically best teams in PokeMMO.

Today, I say while some newer players don't recognize my name and others don't have a lot of respect for me, I continue to mess around in matchmaking and typically have between a 70-75% win rate in all tiers. I think I'm currently ranked in NU but with a low win rate (65%?) because I'm just spamming the same team to get a hat (lol). I'd love to play tournaments, but unfortunately times don't really mesh with my work schedule. Catch me in the PSL where I tend to play all tiers.

We also have a private discord and forum thread where most of our discussions are held. So it's not like we're dead. We're just not as public with our own scuffles.

14 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

Thanks brah, appreciate your input. It would be nice to have more visibility regarding our TC members, as they are supposed to represent the competitive community. Maybe a summary from each of us would be helpful, but who knows. Each of our TC members are highly decorated competitive players who all typically have a good knowledge base in all tiers.

Fortunately and unfortunately, each of our tiers change drastically about every 3-6 months, whether that is because of movement based on usage or because of updates. This is exciting, but it's hard to commit that much time to in order to have marked success in matchmaking or tournaments. A lot of us fall into that category of not playing as much as we used to, but that doesn't mean we lack knowledge or interest. We're specifically picked for our broad knowledge. 

Speaking for myself, I'm probably one of the most decorated players of all time. I started in late 2012 and have won many, many tournaments in all tiers. From 2013 to 2016, I won an invite to every seasonal series including the Master's Invitational. I won seasonal championships in OU (2016), UU (2015), as well as placing third in both NU (2015) and Dubs (2016). I have played, managed, and/or hosted all but one PokeMMO Super League and won the event two seasons ago, playing as the championship tie breaker in Dubs and beating who was considered the best Dubs player at the time. I have been the Leader of what is considered one of the historically best teams in PokeMMO.

Today, I say while some newer players don't recognize my name and others don't have a lot of respect for me, I continue to mess around in matchmaking and typically have between a 70-75% win rate in all tiers. I think I'm currently ranked in NU but with a low win rate (65%?) because I'm just spamming the same team to get a hat (lol). I'd love to play tournaments, but unfortunately times don't really mesh with my work schedule. Catch me in the PSL where I tend to play all tiers.

We also have a private discord and forum thread where most of our discussions are held. So it's not like we're dead. We're just not as public with our own scuffles.

Ty bro for the answer on the topic , this summary of you is just what we need at least from each TC because like you said ,TC are supposed to represent the competitive community and we want to know what kind of people represent us ! 

Our hopes for consistent decision making from TC will once again go to the gutter.. while i respect every single one of the sia members in tc u r wrong about the bias, when you exist in an environment and interract with one another for long, while yes u might have different opinions you also eventually share a lot of ideas,teambuilds,pokemons etc so you simply cannot have 100% unbiased decisions.. but this is the least of our problems. TC itself doesnt influence as much as we would like the ultimate decisions. Devs have the last say on everything, so even if tc pushes for something in the end the developers will take the decisions. examples are garchomp existing without swords dance. wobbufett turning into an absolute joke,lc removed etc etc etc. so in the end the biggest problems isnt the faces who are in tc but the way a community based game doesnt listen to its community at all. even about the replacement of gbwead noone was informed that they could aim to get a place in TC, the safest options were instantly picked,people that are close to gb and other existing members of the tc with the aim being to not getting any potential disruptions and pretty much trying to not change anything while the game is screaming for changes. a lot of people are willing to devote time and actively help but lets be real.. thats not where money comes from so if in the eyes of the devs the way things are "work" then no changes will happen and eventually all current tc members will be dead because this game has nothing else to offer to them yet they will still hold their places there because if the place hasnt be set on fire we are cool

35 minutes ago, KingBowser said:

Should add someone from the Chinese community as well. I like DoubleJ, keep him. 

Have had a couple of our chinese moderators ask around, nobody was interested.  Also, another problem also is that they cannot access discord as it is supposedly blocked in their country.  I have been for a long time trying to incorporate the chinese community into this.

1 hour ago, Munya said:

Have had a couple of our chinese moderators ask around, nobody was interested.  Also, another problem also is that they cannot access discord as it is supposedly blocked in their country.  I have been for a long time trying to incorporate the chinese community into this.

Let me introduce the sponsor of this episode: NordVPN

11 hours ago, Munya said:

Aside from the language barrier, why dont you guys try to use any other media that bridges westerns with the chinese? Im pretty sure there has to be one they can easily access and so can we. Also while at this, like mentioned there are old TC members that while they did a lot in the past, currently they are inactive (and that goes on for years now as I have them on my FL or team), so they are in no position to vote on current meta, when are you guys removing them to put people to fit their spots and provide proper input on current meta?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.