Money Making Methods Comparison

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Drasin said:

Can you explain further about E4 rematch strat?

If e4 member have flash fire pokemon, then i can't use Chandelure, If they have ghost, then i can't use Clefable and if they have both, then i use Shuckle. After deciding which pokemon to lead with I check what i am setting up against, if it's physical attacker and I don't use shuckle, then I use X Defend on turn 1 (X Sp Defense if shuckle against special attacker). Either way I use minimize asap, then healing/substitute if needed, calm mind if opponent using special moves, else minimize until +6 then calm mind until +6, using substitute/healing when needed, then just sweep. In case of Shuckle you use power split turn 1, which effectively halves opponent attacks, after which they often switch, which is a free turn. If you used power split on special attacker, then you can use it again, when physical attacker comes into play, to maximize your damage, also can use X Accuracy to avoid missing with rollout.

Edited by Genets

Can I ask which methods you do personally?

Right now I do berry farming and gym reruns while shiny hunting in my free time for myself. I'm wondering which methods you found most rewarding for the amount of time, effort, and money spent.

For example, previously I thought ditto farming was more profitable than field group farming.

On 6/2/2021 at 3:48 AM, Bryce said:

Can I ask which methods you do personally?

Right now I do berry farming and gym reruns while shiny hunting in my free time for myself. I'm wondering which methods you found most rewarding for the amount of time, effort, and money spent.

For example, previously I thought ditto farming was more profitable than field group farming.

I haven't build a specialized team for gym rematches yet, and my NU team is just too weak to rematch them fast, so I rarely do them. I am not into grinding too much, so 2 amulet coins with 6 hours break between them for trainer rematches is enough for my needs by now. I don't like being on timer, so berry farming is not for me. I'd say all methods are close to each other in terms of tediousness, however gym and e4 reruns and battle frontier requires more dedication and attention, which is kinda more exhausting, than other methods. In long term repeating only one method over and over again might became too boring, so i recommend switching methods periodically.

Also, i wasn't calculating time for all three methods of ditto farming, only the slowest one, so it might be a bit more profitable with assist tactic, than field group, especially if selling boxes directly, saving on GTL fee.

Edited by Genets

Thank you so much for all this info!!! man this is priceless, and seems like you spent a lot of time in this, again thank you!

I was suspecting berry farming didn't worth it too much considering I have to be on timer constantly in my life, since I have responsabilities and prefer to actually enjoy and relax in-game I may drop it at least for some time. Btw I have personally tested ditto farming methods including the ones you mentioned and the best is assist smeargle+repeat ball, cost is superior but since you catch a lot more, statistically you get more good ivs and shiny dittos.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for the guide! I just started playing in PokeMMO and this looks like a pretty solid guide. I'm interested in doing the fossil farming or the Payday + Covet method once I become stronger. I'm just gonna ask one thing, according to PokeMMO's Covet ability description: 

... It will not steal from a wild Pokémon if it faints

So what if you one-hit them with Covet? Wouldn't you be unable to get the item if you maxed Attack? Thanks!

---

About the Fossil Farming one, I just realized that some may be Sturdy so the Covet will work. Although, I still don't quite get about the Coveting the Heart Scales with max Attack.

Edited by jp06
On 7/18/2021 at 6:05 PM, jp06 said:

Thank you for the guide! I just started playing in PokeMMO and this looks like a pretty solid guide. I'm interested in doing the fossil farming or the Payday + Covet method once I become stronger. I'm just gonna ask one thing, according to PokeMMO's Covet ability description: 

... It will not steal from a wild Pokémon if it faints

So what if you one-hit them with Covet? Wouldn't you be unable to get the item if you maxed Attack? Thanks!

---

About the Fossil Farming one, I just realized that some may be Sturdy so the Covet will work. Although, I still don't quite get about the Coveting the Heart Scales with max Attack.

They forgot to update Covet description, it is actually works the same as thief, so you can OHKO and still get the item.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/16/2021 at 6:42 PM, Genets said:

Elite Four Rematches 440k/6 hours

Rematching E4 with regular team might end in spending more moneys, then getting, due to lack of free healing between fights. But there is one OP tactic banned in competitive, but allowed in PvE - evasion. I am using next pokemon for my rematches:

E4.png.916fd8435354edb74f0dfab3f7cdbab6.png
Blissey will also work, but you may try literally any bulky pokemon with Double Team. This tactic still don't eliminate item's using completely, but minimize (pun intended) them as much as possible, i am using X Defend or X Sp. Def (for Shuckle) at the beginning of some battles, depending on the pokemon i am setting up against, and healing items, when something goes wrong due to RNG. This results in around 40k spendings per full run. Each Champion gives 66k at level 100, resulting in 99k with amulet coin, this method is quite slow due to long setup, so it takes around 2 hours to rematch them all, you also getting 2k BP from each E4. Final formula: 400k - 40k - 40k + (8k BP x 15 = 120k) = 440k. 220k/hour.

Add one info: Using Meowth with Covet + Pay Day + Pickup when you wait the Elite Four Cooldown can Increase your money earned. You earn some money with pay day and farm Potions and Super Potions, cutting up the costs with this farming. Resuming: If you want to farm Elite Four, Make a Meowth with pay day + pickup first. You cut unecessary spends with potions and superpotions

I don't recommend to farm Amulet Coin anymore, or anything that is related to hordes farming with Frick and Thief.
Seems that those methods have been completely sacked by the May update.

https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/135608-changelog-11052021/&do=findComment&comment=1795695

-> "Hordes now carry less items and Pickup occurs much less frequently vs Hordes"

I got only a single Amulet Coin per hour on a two hours session on the Kindle Road. That corresponds to only 19.000₽/hour.
Trying to farm Meowth hordes on Route 5 is worse.

I don't even know how the price of Amulet Coin can still be so low on the GTL. The fact the item became rarer didn't seem to affect its price unfortunately, so the balance doesn't worth it anymore.

Edited by PauseKawa
6 hours ago, PauseKawa said:

I don't recommend to farm Amulet Coin anymore, or anything that is related to hordes farming with Frick and Thief.
Seems that those methods have been completely sacked by the May update.

https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/135608-changelog-11052021/&do=findComment&comment=1795695

-> "Hordes now carry less items and Pickup occurs much less frequently vs Hordes"

I got only a single Amulet Coin per hour on a two hours session on the Kindle Road. That corresponds to only 19.000₽/hour.
Trying to farm Meowth hordes on Route 5 is worse.

I don't even know how the price of Amulet Coin can still be so low on the GTL. The fact the item became rarer didn't seem to affect its price unfortunately, so the balance doesn't worth it anymore.

Farming in Kindle Road is definitely a bad idea, but route 5 worked great for me, i got like 7 amulet coins in 1 hour (yes, after that update), maybe you just got unlucky.

Edited by Genets
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure about the maths here. For the magikarp catching method, catching a certain amount of perfect IVs follows the binomial distribution, I'm not even sure where these values come from. P(x=1) is 0.164281, P(x=2) is 0.0136901, P(x>=2) is 0.0143139. I would expect the use of P(x=1) and P(x>=2) if you only consider the two cases, but the numbers don't match up, in both cases they are lower, even if you take the lower probability of x=2.

I made a spreadsheet with the probabilities, and I get an income rate of about 160, see attached png.

sources: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binomial_distribution,

https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=P(x%3D1)+where+x+~+binomial+distribution+p%3D1%2F31%2C+n%3D6,

pokemmo-magikarp-income.png

5 hours ago, micsthepick said:

I'm not sure about the maths here. For the magikarp catching method, catching a certain amount of perfect IVs follows the binomial distribution, I'm not even sure where these values come from. P(x=1) is 0.164281, P(x=2) is 0.0136901, P(x>=2) is 0.0143139. I would expect the use of P(x=1) and P(x>=2) if you only consider the two cases, but the numbers don't match up, in both cases they are lower, even if you take the lower probability of x=2.

I made a spreadsheet with the probabilities, and I get an income rate of about 160, see attached png.

Oh, I see you a man of culture as well. Yes, you completely right about probabilities, 0.1875 which I was using is for x>=1 (and even for that case it was calculated wrong), so i can't just add x>=2 to it. I was using >= everywhere, going to fix it right now.

However, you also made some mistakes. Probability for single IV is not 1/31, its 1/32, since IV range from 0 to 31. And you forget 7% flee chance after a rock throw, and, most importantly, GTL fee (and also safari zone entry fee).

Updated guide, and it appears, with correct math, ditto farming is actually became more profitable, than field group farming, hooray!

Edited by Genets
  • 4 months later...
On 9/2/2021 at 7:39 AM, Neuzzz said:

Morimoto and Cynthia have same cooldown like gym leaders, so they shouldnt be listed in Trainer Rematch but Gym Rematch instead

And who will use a amulet coin in Cynthia and Morimoto? Normally we will spend the last 15-30 minutes of amulets from Gym Farm for win both.

On 9/18/2021 at 12:45 AM, Genets said:

Updated guide, and it appears, with correct math, ditto farming is actually became more profitable, than field group farming, hooray!

Actually, the most valuable farm of breeders mons, is Fairy Egg Group.

Can be sell for almost the same price from ditto, if don't have x31 IV, however is more easily to find and catch. I spend around ~60 Pokéballs on a Marill box, however my smeargle had Pay Day, so all cost with pokeball is compensated with other mons that i only use Pay Day and defeat him, like Surskit/Masquerain and Female Marills/Azumarills. I can sell it for 180/k in GTL(However on him, i will lost 60/k for one fee), or in Trade Chat for 120-180. 

In ditto, you spend 1-2 Repeat Ball for each ditto. However, they have more value when have x31 IV

The search place that i decided for found Fairy Egg Group Breeders, is Route 102, Left of Oldale, hoenn, where Marill/Azumarill spawn is common and he are in level 20-30, so it's more easily to catch.

Final Formula:
Ditto Catching: 180/k on Box, - (1,500(Medium cost of Repeat Balls per ditto) x 60 Ditto) 
You can earn 90/k(Selling on Trade) or 30/k(Selling On GTL) for each 60 dittos.

Fairy Egg Group Catching: 180/k(3/k on GTL x 60 mons) - (200(Cost of Pokéballs per marill) x 60)
You can earn 108/k on Trade(Because players buy for 120/k, idk the reason, since each one value 3/k in GTL) or in GTL(Losting 60/k for fee and 12/k in pokéballs.)

Edited by caioxlive13
9 hours ago, caioxlive13 said:

And who will use a amulet coin in Cynthia and Morimoto? Normally we will spend the last 15-30 minutes of amulets from Gym Farm for win both.

Sorry fam, sometimes I forgot not everyone is good enough to win them in 8 minutes. I included them in my gym rematch amulet run because I always have leftover times.

7 hours ago, Neuzzz said:

Sorry fam, sometimes I forgot not everyone is good enough to win them in 8 minutes. I included them in my gym rematch amulet run because I always have leftover times.

I can win both in 10 minutes, and always rest 15 minutes of amulet(I bring to my Gym Farm one mon with Exp. Share, because have one Free Slot on Party.). So, use a amulet for him isn't a big deal, is better use the last minutes of Gym Amulet Farm.