StockMarketMMO - Values over time (DISCONTINUED)

Hi im new .Firstly I would like to say thanks for this thread its been great help to me. Secondly I wanted to ask about Golden dragon mask pricings I saw that it was about 13.5m this morning and it went to about 14.7m in the evening is it normal for limited vanity items to gain so much value over little time or are gtl prices not reliable or is it cause of the surge of old players coming back due to Halloween? Thanks in advance.

19 minutes ago, BrokenJoker said:

Is it normal for limited vanity items to gain so much value over little time or are gtl prices not reliable

Ask chinese money printers about this, I think even old players are seeing these kind of ridiculous price bumps for the first time and YES, IF I sell link the mask in trade chat someone will offer 14m for it... Golden mask actually has a lot of demand so it doesn't .Feel odd but GTL can't always be followed for price checks due to the way it's running, like who is gonna 70m for Nutcracker? I'd rather buy golden mask as it looks better (i feel so). 

New players can barely pay that amount of money even old players will struggle I believe but who knows.. there are a lot new money printers in game, 500-800m is nothing for them. So either get crushed on the fast paced money printers race or just stop buying them. The time limited vanity section is now just a item cloning game between a few money printing groups.

Please don't delete it mods.

5 hours ago, BrokenJoker said:

Hi im new .Firstly I would like to say thanks for this thread its been great help to me. Secondly I wanted to ask about Golden dragon mask pricings I saw that it was about 13.5m this morning and it went to about 14.7m in the evening is it normal for limited vanity items to gain so much value over little time or are gtl prices not reliable or is it cause of the surge of old players coming back due to Halloween? Thanks in advance.

I came back for a bit last halloween bought it off the GTL for 4.9m and thought I over paid lol. Yea its crazy how fast its risen in one year.

• 2 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, BrokenJoker said:

So gtl has this new color system which shows which items are over priced. I wanna know what you guys think is it reliable and can a new guy like me use it as a price guide.

image.thumb.png.deda5981101fd520c3da144e11607294.png

my guess is that it takes into consideration the average price of past sales in for example the last month and marks listenings that are way higher than this average. so it is probably pretty accurate for things, that get traded often. For items that are rare or arent sold that often it would be pretty inaccurate and no real indication for its value. ( for example most expensive items like skulls are almost never bought with pure cash - the only time those would sell on gtl is when it gets sniped by a mistake listing or when they are listed for way too cheap)

• 2 weeks later...

So the new vanities are out ( the werewolf limiteds, the oni mask and the mage staff) and I have been trying to monitor values for the mage staff but they are so erratic.

My question is do you see the mage staff price going down before the end of the event or going up?

When do you predict is the most likely period the mage staff's price will be the lowest ( if it ever drops)  

2 hours ago, BrokenJoker said:

So the new vanities are out ( the werewolf limiteds, the oni mask and the mage staff) and I have been trying to monitor values for the mage staff but they are so erratic.

My question is do you see the mage staff price going down before the end of the event or going up?

When do you predict is the most likely period the mage staff's price will be the lowest ( if it ever drops)  

Unless any other nerfs happen during the event (which was why the Mage's Staff increased from 2.5m to 4.5m temporarily before dropping back to 3m - although this is unlikely to happen again), I think the price will continue to go down until around Thursday as more people figure out the hard mode strats and earn / open Pumpking Goodie Bags.

I think the lowest price would probably be around 2 - 2.5m, maybe slightly lower, but this depends on demand. I can see this item being fairly popular amongst the Chinese community, but not to the levels of the Golden Dragon Mask.

Usually on the very last day prices will increase slightly, so I'd recommend buying beforehand if you can, although it depends on the market at the time.

Regarding the other Event Only items, these will continue to drop for sure.

In my opinion I prefer the Mage's Staff over the Werewolf items and think it should've been the other way around (Mage's Staff being the time limited item).

On 11/2/2021 at 8:03 AM, BrokenJoker said:

well late response but well i expected the mage staff to go down to around 2-2.5, and i ended up buying most of mine for 2.5 each. i dont think it will go ever that low again, it might cooldown a few weeks after the event to 3.5-4 but it also might just rise even more. There are a lot of people who keep prices up for certain vanities, a good example is snow globe hat which is a 2m vanity at max, still its always above 3m.

also updated with todays values.

Edited by Quakkz

What I'm wondering is since many players have earnt 30-50m, even more - will this reflect the vanity prices going up as more people can afford?

Think of it in real-life terms - if the minimum wage goes up then the cost of living also does as businesses need to accommodate this and still make a profit.

For example the reaper hoods have massively increased in value over the last few days.

1 hour ago, Imperial said:

What I'm wondering is since many players have earnt 30-50m, even more - will this reflect the vanity prices going up as more people can afford?

Think of it in real-life terms - if the minimum wage goes up then the cost of living also does as businesses need to accommodate this and still make a profit.

For example the reaper hoods have massively increased in value over the last few days.

pretty sure thats the case, thats why during event seasons prices often go up by a lot  

Honestly have to say this is one of my favourite threads which I always check lol, wish I had these resources when I first started putting money into shit. It's a huge help.

PS: Golden Dragons to 20m by 2022 Plz

Edited by Lvkee
On 11/2/2021 at 10:07 AM, Imperial said:

Unless any other nerfs happen during the event (which was why the Mage's Staff increased from 2.5m to 4.5m temporarily before dropping back to 3m - although this is unlikely to happen again), I think the price will continue to go down until around Thursday as more people figure out the hard mode strats and earn / open Pumpking Goodie Bags.

I think the lowest price would probably be around 2 - 2.5m, maybe slightly lower, but this depends on demand. I can see this item being fairly popular amongst the Chinese community, but not to the levels of the Golden Dragon Mask.

Usually on the very last day prices will increase slightly, so I'd recommend buying beforehand if you can, although it depends on the market at the time.

Regarding the other Event Only items, these will continue to drop for sure.

In my opinion I prefer the Mage's Staff over the Werewolf items and think it should've been the other way around (Mage's Staff being the time limited item).

Okay this aged well - the mage's staff suck XD

On 11/5/2021 at 7:11 AM, Quakkz said:

well late response but well i expected the mage staff to go down to around 2-2.5, and i ended up buying most of mine for 2.5 each. i dont think it will go ever that low again, it might cooldown a few weeks after the event to 3.5-4 but it also might just rise even more. There are a lot of people who keep prices up for certain vanities, a good example is snow globe hat which is a 2m vanity at max, still its always above 3m.

also updated with todays values.

Mage staff is currently at 1.8M... I'm so depressed. It might take years for it to increase its price and I don't think I'll be playing the game by then. Should've sold them before the event ended ?

33 minutes ago, Spoolofwool said:

Mage staff is currently at 1.8M... I'm so depressed. It might take years for it to increase its price and I don't think I'll be playing the game by then. Should've sold them before the event ended ?

I think the only thing to hope for is wait until the season event ends in around February.

PokeMMO logic: Everyone manages to grind and earn an average of 20-30m but let's drop all the prices even more than previous years.

Personally, if people want to keep dropping the Mage's Staff and other items, that's completely fine with me, they're very likely losing their own money in the process.