Can't play pokemmo, asks for java runtime environment 11

Support topic was blocked so I apologize for asking for help in general. A few hours ago I was playing all normal  but went to eat, when I was back it denied me access and sent me this. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game, turning the pc off and on multiple times too and nothing. Any suggestions? The image shown is something that's shows when I try to install the game again, if I click on the option "skip file" the JRE 11 message appears

IMG_20210512_220424.jpg

Do not open the game as Administrator and if it is opening as administrator click properties on the PokeMMO file and disable it; If that doesn't work, try opening it as administrator, if you still cannot play, update Java, if you still can't play, update windows.
write that error in google and search for more answers if nothing works.

Edited by ZeknShooter

Happens to me too.. I cant play because of that. I tried reinstalling the game but it works for sometime then it auto closes and keeps repeating the java runtime error. Im now piss because it happens in the new update. I hope some devs or mods have solution for this i have tournament in 17 and i have to submit my team tommorow

javaputa.jpg

13 hours ago, Dlaregzruc said:

Happens to me too.. I cant play because of that. I tried reinstalling the game but it works for sometime then it auto closes and keeps repeating the java runtime error. Im now piss because it happens in the new update. I hope some devs or mods have solution for this i have tournament in 17 and i have to submit my team tommorow

javaputa.jpg

happens to me too and downloading the thing in Azul page doesn't work... I just wanted to play damn Pokemon. It's the new update.

Had the same problem, searched around for this java 11 thing and found a dev pack on their home site that for some reason did the trick

https://www.oracle.com/java/technologies/javase-jdk16-downloads.html

Test it out, im back in the game after installing it

• 3 weeks later...

For future reference - any Technical Issues should be raised as a ticket here - https://support.pokemmo.eu/

As there are a few people in this thread experiencing the same issue I'll post a (possible) solution here; 

Spoiler

- Download the Portable Client via - https://pokemmo.eu/downloads/portable/ 

- Extract the file (PokeMMO-Client) to your Desktop, then copy the ROMs into PokeMMO-Client/roms 

- Launch the game.

This works for some people, if not I'd recommend ensuring that if you have installed Java 11 already that it is actively being recognised by your System, as old Java versions are known to contradict with newer ones. 

You can do this by inputting the command java -version into your respective Terminal / Command Prompt. 

If you get the message; 

'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

This means Java may not be installed correctly, I'd suggest completely uninstalling any Java version you may have installed;

Go to the Windows Start Button and select Settings then Control Panel.
Click Add or Remove Programs in the Control Panel list.
Find Java in the list and uninstall it.

Then install Java 11 (LTS) via this link (scroll to bottom of the page), ensure that the OS and Architecture match your devices. 

https://www.azul.com/downloads/?version=java-11-lts&package=jdk

If you get a response from the java -version command, this may mean that Java is installed but misconfigured, I'd advise checking this link for some help on what to do in that situation; 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/setting-the-java_home-variable-in-windows-8895.html 

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know if anyone still has issue "This application requires a Java Runtime Environment 11" 

So I would like to share alternative  method for window platform if it can help  someone who come to game later.

(test for PokeMMO portable version on Windows 10 with openjdk 11 : work)

This run via window batch file (idea from PokeMMO.sh)  and steps are:

1. download Java JDK 11 or higher to your computer (Oracle, Azul Zulu or other java but  I use openjdk 11)

2. extract zip/rar file from 1.  to your desire location. After that, you will see  "Your_Directory/Your_Java"  Directory. 

Example in my case, I place it in -> C:\Program Files\Java\jdk11

3. Go into "bin" directory and check for java.exe  this should come with java you downloaded

4. open your Notepad and copy

"C:\Program Files\Java\jdk11\bin\java.exe" -Xmx384M  -Dfile.encoding="UTF-8" -cp PokeMMO.exe com.pokeemu.client.Client

* note1 : this is  java 11 path that i extract   "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk11\bin\java.exe".  Change it your java 11 location  ( "YOUR_JAVA_PATH\bin\java.exe" )

* note2 : if your path has space, cover your path with " 

Then save it as batch file (.bat)  ( File -> Save as -> your_file_name.bat   where  your_file_name   is whatever name you want  )

5. Go into PokeMMO directory, and place batch file from 4.  to the same location of PokeMMO.exe

6. Test run batch file to see whether it work.

7. In the future, if game require higher java version 12, 13, 14, ...   Edit java path in batch file replace with path to new version. (or repeat from step 1 ) It may work again.

** If you don't trust code from 4.  you can get idea from PokeMMO.sh which is come with game in your PokeMMO directory to write working code.

sorry for my poor English and I hope this help.

Edited by tam007