[MOD] Retro Music Overhaul

1f4a76b7fca8293d3a5a43a1952c2fa8.jpg.9c737400081015682acecf98b33e266b.jpg

DOWNLOAD

Hello! 

This mod is exactly as it sounds. I have changed practically all of the music in kanto, hoenn, sinnoh, and unova (along with the shiny sparkle sound and the evolution sound) to feel more retro.

Most of the tracks are 8bit remakes of their respective songs but some I have switched out all together with those from gen1-2. 

Important notes about this mod!!

I did not change everything, I pretty much ignored soundtracks from story mode, since I didn't want the file to be too large. This is especially true for unova.

I did not give individual soundtracks for nighttime in sinnoh, or seasons in unova.

I did not change the soundtracks for the contest hall in hoenn-sinnoh. 

I did not edit the individual battle frontier buildings music.

(basically what I'm getting at it that I focused more on the areas you'll be at post E4.)

The shiny sound is from gen 2, however sometimes it plays just a little slower and sometimes it plays normal. There's literally nothing that I can do about it, I already spent around 5 hours trying to make it as consistent and perfect as I could.

Lastly, this is not compatible with android, but if enough people want it to be, I might be able to make that happen. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/24/2021 at 5:50 PM, Skilmen said:

Sounds great! The only time I noticed that you didn't change the music was during pvp battles. Other than that it's amazing!

Working on fixing all the bugs, sound levels, and adding all of the remaining music that I left out! Also going to make it android compatible. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 8/24/2021 at 7:36 AM, Vitrium said:

Hello, can i ask how to apply this on the game in pc? 

Download it, then go to your mods folder (pokemmo/data/mod) and extract it into that folder. Then launch game, click on mod settings on the right side (i forget what its called). In the list you should be able to see it automatically. Make sure there's a green checkmark by it. 

On 6/8/2022 at 5:35 PM, LordHydra said:

For anybody who is interested, I will be making this available for android and iphone. (once I figure that out) 

open the mod with a zip archiver, repack the .zip with store mode (no compression.) and change filetype back to .mod

mobile doesn't support audio mods using compressed storage mode