Let's talk about Frisk

Well, I don't know where to begin... I was astonished to see that Frisk now do not show the pokemons the held the items. Farming Hordes was my main activity to gain some money, even though it is not as lucrative as other methods. But what will it be now? Do you guys see yourself trying to steal each one of the 5 pokemon of the horde whenever the Frisk Ability is displayed? I do not see the point of doing so, it will be too much time consuming with so little reward. Also, Thief hasn't changed, you still need to keep the pokemon alive therefore your weak thief pokemon will likely die before even knowing which pokemon has the item.  I really hope that the devs will consider changing this. 

Please let me know what do you guys think about this change or if it is just me being grumpy :) 

Yes, but still, I do not understand why they increased the difficulty of getting those items. It will only just be longer. However, the price of the items will rise up but people farming for a long moment will still have the same amount of money. Just look at the amulet coin, it was at 17k two hours ago... This will mostly impact newer/chill players. 

It came back to how it was. The main problem is not that Frisk does not show the held item anymore. The problem is the ratio of appereance of an item. For example, the ratio of Amulet Coins from Meowths was nerfed when Frisk started to show the held item. So, if ratios go again to normal, it will be no problem if Frisk shows or not the held item.

45 minutes ago, EMINENCIA said:

It came back to how it was. The main problem is not that Frisk does not show the held item anymore. The problem is the ratio of appereance of an item. For example, the ratio of Amulet Coins from Meowths was nerfed when Frisk started to show the held item. So, if ratios go again to normal, it will be no problem if Frisk shows or not the held item.

I've been farming for an hour now and I haven't noticed any change in the ratios :/ I might be wrong or very unlucky

If you ask any staffs about this update(Higher Ups) they'll say "It's made to increase game difficulty and to let players grind in various ways." But We all know why this all is happening, first they took gyms some years ago(based on people opinion) then in last 2 years they destroyed e4 rematch. Now it's time for Amulet coin aka Gym rematch again. The answer I got for e4 rematch "Players were getting lazy and aren't grinding in many ways" yes this was the answer iirc. Literally there one true goal on making all of these adjustments we can get. But still I'd like to thank developers for making a nice game. It's worth playing.

Farming items with frisk was one of the most reliable ways for new players to earn some money to start if they didn't have the mons for gym farming or PvP imo.  As an old timer in this game, It doesn't affect me, but for new comers is gonna be a hell of a grind to get the things they want.

I've been loving the last "PvP update", but the devs need to make something for the PvE guys if they still want to consider this game an MMO and not a Pokemon rom hack with a chat window.  

Edited by Vartiou
a word
10 hours ago, Vartiou said:

Farming items with frisk was one of the most reliable ways for new players to earn some money to start if they didn't have the mons for gym farming or PvP imo.  As an old timer in this game, It doesn't affect me, but for new comers is gonna be a hell of a grind to get the things they want.

I've been loving the last "PvP update", but the devs need to make something for the PvE players if they still want to consider this game an MMO and not a Pokemon rom hack with a chat window.  

I've been playing for around a week. Whenever I needed money for something, I'd go get a couple of amulet coins and sell them, buy what I needed then continue progressing. It really was helpful for new players as it's the easiest method to fully understand. Now I wish I had farmed a whole bunch of them and not progressed. I guess I'll have to learn which Pokemon with good IVs are worth catching and selling.

51 minutes ago, sammxciv said:

I've been playing for around a week. Whenever I needed money for something, I'd go get a couple of amulet coins and sell them, buy what I needed then continue progressing. It really was helpful for new players as it's the easiest method to fully understand. Now I wish I had farmed a whole bunch of them and not progressed. I guess I'll have to learn which Pokemon with good IVs are worth catching and selling.

Paras is a good and easy one to get and you can use Breloom or Parasects to catch so you dont get hit by paralyze/poison. You can get them on 1st stairs on Mt Moon.

1 hour ago, lipe3994 said:

Paras is a good and easy one to get and you can use Breloom or Parasects to catch so you dont get hit by paralyze/poison. You can get them on 1st stairs on Mt Moon.

I'll give them a try, thanks sir.

1 hour ago, Quakkz said:

im pretty sure you are all overreacting, it has been like this before and noone complained back then. Its just a reverted buff

I understand what you're saying, what I said was only from a new players perspective.

24 minutes ago, Vartiou said:

Maybe, but it was very different situation from what it is today. Berry farming was profitable and amulets weren't consumables.

amulet coins were already consumable when we had the frisk mechanic back then that we have again now. not sure how amulet coins are connected to berry farming, however berry farming is still a pretty good way to make money.

Edited by Quakkz
1 hour ago, RealMak said:

Actually, Imma say that there are plenty of ways to farm money without hunting for amulets, for example the Pickup/Pay Day method

I started doing that a few hours ago actually, it isn't too bad at all! I'm just trying to find good locations atm :D

3 hours ago, sammxciv said:

I started doing that a few hours ago actually, it isn't too bad at all! I'm just trying to find good locations atm :D

Nice! Some locations that I suggest are: Undella Bay, Dragonspiral Tower and Route 12 (Rapidash horde location)

6 hours ago, RealMak said:

Nice! Some locations that I suggest are: Undella Bay, Dragonspiral Tower and Route 12 (Rapidash horde location)

I don't have access to Undella Bay or Dragonspiral Tower just yet. I've been farming at Berry Forest on Three Island at Kanto. I've made a decent amount, I started out with 1 Meowth and now have 4 so I can stay there longer before needing to fly back to reset pp. Once I have access to those other places, I'll give them a try. Thank you!

10 minutes ago, sammxciv said:

I don't have access to Undella Bay or Dragonspiral Tower just yet. I've been farming at Berry Forest on Three Island at Kanto. I've made a decent amount, I started out with 1 Meowth and now have 4 so I can stay there longer before needing to fly back to reset pp. Once I have access to those other places, I'll give them a try. Thank you!

Before grinding money make sure to have finished every region. Unova is the best spot for berry farming too

1 minute ago, CaptnBaklava said:

Before grinding money make sure to have finished every region. Unova is the best spot for berry farming too

I'm grinding money between regions, just so I can get the team I want for the new region, movesets etc.

Yes, I do NOT understand why they increased the difficulty of getting those items. It will only make new player stop playing this game since they wont be able to get items needed to train strong pokemons!. Developers please change it to how is was before!

35 minutes ago, Typho said:

Yes, I do NOT understand why they increased the difficulty of getting those items. It will only make new player stop playing this game since they wont be able to get items needed to train strong pokemons!. Developers please change it to how is was before!

There's other ways to make money still. I'm new and I'm doing okay with other methods.