You broke forums, also discuss update

15分钟前,Jonyhlp 说:

more benefits for rich players who only buy vanities in quantities during events and then sell them when their price rises. For players who challenge gyms and npc to earn a paltry pennies there is nothing but punishments in each update. The amulet coin will increase in price and will also be more difficult to obtain, that is hit to the face of the one who spends hours farming gyms

Amulet coin is now 24k LOL, they are really fast.

2 hours ago, Jonyhlp said:

more benefits for rich players who only buy vanities in quantities during events and then sell them when their price rises. For players who challenge gyms and npc to earn a paltry pennies there is nothing but punishments in each update. The amulet coin will increase in price and will also be more difficult to obtain, that is hit to the face of the one who spends hours farming gyms

This is the main goal of game devs. It took u too long to get it.

Just now, AalnaSateen said:

The Frisk update is a real bummer... I don't understand the reasoning behind this and it will only push the price of items like amulet coin up even further.

This also means I'm going to have to rebreed or sell my shuppets because there's no way they're gonna survive five meowths b-slapping them after every thief to check which of them has the item. Kindle road was the better farm compared to route 5, so maybe this balance will shift.

I mean, it returned to its original status, just like how it was a long time ago

6 hours ago, Jonyhlp said:

Yup, I'm gonna quit and be back in a few years.

9 hours ago, FighterChamp said:

This is the main goal of game devs. It took u too long to get it.

Yep exactly. Cant get the rich to donate when they dont need too, but new players with less and less oportunity to grind for profit will be more likely to donate. From a profit standpoint it makes sense for the devs. Sucks for the playerbase tho

On 5/12/2021 at 7:34 AM, Obvi said:

Yep exactly. Cant get the rich to donate when they dont need too, but new players with less and less oportunity to grind for profit will be more likely to donate. From a profit standpoint it makes sense for the devs. Sucks for the playerbase tho

I refrained from commenting on this until after the latest patch because people were in the mood to hate on "money-grubbing devs", but Frisk gaining the ability to peek at hordes' held items was actually a bug. I think I introduced that one in Xmas and it was forgotten about until after CNY. That's why it was listed under bug fixes.

Sorry to turn off your guys's money fountain, but no, it was kind of dumb. When the going rate for a stack of damp rocks on the GTL is $150/ea, it's very obviously problematic to the game, and should be a huge red flag to anyone who cares about making money selling individual items.

We threw you a bone in this one to make it less miserable, but item inflation isn't something you actually want.

37 minutes ago, Kyu said:

When the going rate for a stack of damp rocks on the GTL is $150/ea

Talking about this particular item, the thing is that you paired it with small lucky eggs which are a very popular item.

Then consider that the shop buying price is $100 and that there are not many uses for them. Weather rocks are just a poor example.

7 hours ago, Typho said:

Yes, I do NOT understand why they increased the difficulty of getting those items. It will only make new player stop playing this game!!

There are multiple ways to get money. You should try them

10 hours ago, Kyu said:

I refrained from commenting on this until after the latest patch because people were in the mood to hate on "money-grubbing devs", but Frisk gaining the ability to peek at hordes' held items was actually a bug. I think I introduced that one in Xmas and it was forgotten about until after CNY. That's why it was listed under bug fixes.

Sorry to turn off your guys's money fountain, but no, it was kind of dumb. When the going rate for a stack of damp rocks on the GTL is $150/ea, it's very obviously problematic to the game, and should be a huge red flag to anyone who cares about making money selling individual items.

We threw you a bone in this one to make it less miserable, but item inflation isn't something you actually want.

Id like to clarify that i was not insinuating that you guys as devs are "money grubbing". Considering us players can play this game for absolutely free and dump thousands of hours into it id say this mmo is one of the most generous free to play games that are available.

I say this because i feel it makes sense when put in perspective of someone who is running something that is profitable. Less in game weath being generated will bring more people that will want to skip the grind by donating. Even so, the game is free and we are given the option to work for what we want if we put in the effort. I just believe with the nerfs of all the money making methods over the years it has become MUCH more difficult for new players to obtain any kind of value on their accounts compared to years past. 

After re-evaluating the frisk nerf, i can see why it was done. I was not one to frisk farm so i didnt realize the market of items such as damp rock where so low, i was just focused on amulet coins specifically so the nerf makes more sense. 

13 hours ago, Kyu said:

Did you already consider making Damp rocks consumables?

Joking aside, damp rocks are non consumables items that are useful on like 3 pokes total, and you can get them while farming for Small Lucky Eggs (idk if people will still farm those now), of course they are trash items that people don't want to have in their inventory.

Thanks for the bone, very appreciated.

On 5/11/2021 at 6:54 PM, Jonyhlp said:

NB4 next update where they remove all cash rewards from trainer battles entirely. 

This warrants the question: Has Pokemmo reached the "late capitalism" stage, wherein the economy no longer exists to benefit the people within it and instead exists only to perpetuate itself to the benefit of a wealthy few? At what point does a relentless focus on what is considered a "healthy economy" begin to miss the forest for the trees? When does it start to become a burden on the people who actually play the game to, idk, play the game?

EDIT: That was weird. Is the forum really broken because it did some weird shit when I tried to quote post.

EDIT2: And before anyone starts ribbing me: no, I am not trying to start a communist revolution on Pokemmo, lol. But I am interested and watching it closely because it's a microcosm of economic activity that's smaller than other similar games (like Eve) and thus easier to grasp, and I can see the inner workings a lot more easily. Just wondering if it falls prey to the same pitfalls as real life economies when it comes to the measure of human happiness.

EDIT3: This was also not intended to be a criticism of the Frisk change itself (or even of the devs, who are placed in the unenviable position of having to balance a fake economy against real money when the fake money can be generated in large quantities by anyone). Again, just interested in seeing how it plays out in the end.

Edited by AnRae