Why This Happened ?

5 hours ago, ZeknShooter said:

image.png.a7a7763f50fe74b5384400d89cae3aff.pngnvm

Pretty sure that shouldn't remove life orb damage. For example, if a move has a chance of paralysing a Pokémon, the damage is increased but the chance is taken away. It hasn't nothing to do with held items. 

quote from bulbapedia:

If (and only if) a move is boosted by the effect of Sheer Force, several effects that normally happen after attacking will be skipped. This includes the effects of Eject Button, Red Card, Shell Bell, Kee Berry, and Maranga Berry; the recoil damage from Life Orb; the Abilities Color Change, Pickpocket, Wimp Out, Emergency Exit, and Berserk; as well as Meloetta's opportunity to switch forms if it acquires Sheer Force and uses Relic Song. Other effects are not negated this way; therefore, if a Pokémon with Sheer Force holding a Life Orb uses a move boosted by Sheer Force, it will gain the passive damage boost (because it isn't a secondary effect of the move nor is it on the list of skipped effects), but the Pokémon will not be damaged by the Life Orb.

On 5/10/2021 at 4:53 AM, OrangeManiac said:

Or you know, could be Guts Conkeldurr.

I don't think it could be guts conkeldurr, as it didn't take life orb recoil from using thunderpunch, which is boosted by sheer force, whereas mach punch isn't. Please correct me if I'm wrong!

10 hours ago, Rakhmaninov said:

I don't think it could be guts conkeldurr, as it didn't take life orb recoil from using thunderpunch, which is boosted by sheer force, whereas mach punch isn't. Please correct me if I'm wrong!

Oh yeah, I just saw the Thunderpunch and recoil text being highlighted and completely missed the Mach Punch where the recoil actually came from. Some could say I got jebaited.

Yeah it's 100% Sheer Force and works exactly how it should. Thunderpunch shouldn't get Life Orb recoil as it has a secondary effect which gets nullified but Mach Punch has no secondary effect so there's LO recoil.

Edited by OrangeManiac