Are the devs still alive?

By resources I don't only mean money but also information & time. By the time a player knows you only need 2 mons (and the good ones) a few days have already passed, they may have spent money already on the wrong pokemon because of event update, it's not as easy as you might think from a decently wealthy player perspective. 

Obviously events are the best possible things for a new player to make money. But not in the long term at all on the same level as wealthy players profiting from the event. 

The addition of leaderboard in event & reward vanity also leading to retaining more information and closing circles of communication. 

Edited by Poufilou
3小时前,Paul 说:

我同意限时物品的价格使大多数玩家无法获得它们,但他们过去曾说过他们不会让这些物品返回。人们在第一次发布时为这些物品支付了真金白银,而当它被宣传为限时发布时,几年后再次发布将是一个骗局。 

我看到的主要问题是通货膨胀。富有的玩家有很多钱,但没有什么可花的,所以他们只是把它扔到任何新出现的虚荣心上。解决方案是增加新的资金池,以减少这些玩家的资金,但现在他们囤积数十亿可能为时已晚。 

I played this game in 2018. At that time, the red night spirit hat was only a few million. I didn't play this game again until May 2021, but it cost more than 70 million to see the red night spirit hat, and then it cost more than 160 million by 2022. II played this game in 2018. At that time, the red night spirit hat was only a few million. I didn't play this game again until May 2021. However, it would cost more than 70 million to see the red night spirit hat, and then it would cost more than 160 million in 2022. At that time, I thought fashion was dispensable, and all my money went to Baoke dream. Now I regret it. 

55 minutes ago, Imperial said:

GDM - These reached around 35m, which is a healthy investment for players who joined in early 2021

These are just a few successful examples, ignoring all of the vanity items which have flopped. If a new player grinded up a few million and invested in the UFO hat, or the Eyeball Masks, or the Snow Globe Hat in past events, they probably lost on their investment and didn't try again with the GDM. I had a teammate who tried to mass buy the Mage's Staff during Halloween, and lost 100m+ when they extended the event 24h and the price plummeted. It's a brutal economy and the few successful items aren't consistent enough for new players, or even wealthy players trying to get wealthier. I don't really know what the solution is when there is so much money already in the game, so it appears the wealth gap will always be insane.

1 hour ago, Poufilou said:

No "new players" had resources to farm the pumpkin which was the only way to make that much. 

It's meant to be a holiday boss and you can't  have every new player capable of beating a boss, otherwise it's no longer a boss. At some point, someone with 3,000 hours played should have some kind of advantage over a new player with 300 hours played, and even then 300 hours should be more than enough to afford the pokemon needed to beat the boss.

Unless you're arguing that a new player with 20 hours played should be able to defeat an event boss, I don't really understand what you're arguing for. If there were zero advantages of having a lot of playtime/money/resources, nobody would bother playing the game beyond the story. 

35 minutes ago, Poufilou said:

By resources I don't only mean money but also information & time. By the time a player knows you only need 2 mons (and the good ones) a few days have already passed, they may have spent money already on the wrong pokemon because of event update, it's not as easy as you might think from a decently wealthy player perspective. 

So, resources: Cash (a little, less than needed to breed a comp team), easy to get from candies farm. Info, easy to get just writing "pokemmo halloween pumpking boss" (Yes, just need know how to use google). Time, aprox 10/15mins each fight against the boss? 20 maybe? Dont remember exactly, but Im 100% sure if u search a little still can find some replays.
In this point sound like: if a player dont farm its just because he dont want farm.

43 minutes ago, Poufilou said:

Obviously events are the best possible things for a new player to make money. But not in the long term at all on the same level as wealthy players profiting from the event. 

Come on, obviously a new player dont get same profit that a old player who grind cash for years, idk what is the point here. "If u play since 2012 u got more profit" ye, and play more and farm more too, yes. 

21 minutes ago, Paul said:

It's meant to be a holiday boss and you can't  have every new player capable of beating a boss, otherwise it's no longer a boss.

The pumpkin on 2021 felt like the new year 2021 boss, more like a punching bag haha

30 minutes ago, Paul said:

These are just a few successful examples, ignoring all of the vanity items which have flopped. If a new player grinded up a few million and invested in the UFO hat, or the Eyeball Masks, or the Snow Globe Hat in past events, they probably lost on their investment and didn't try again with the GDM. I had a teammate who tried to mass buy the Mage's Staff during Halloween, and lost 100m+ when they extended the event 24h and the price plummeted. It's a brutal economy and the few successful items aren't consistent enough for new players, or even wealthy players trying to get wealthier. I don't really know what the solution is when there is so much money already in the game, so it appears the wealth gap will always be insane.

The Eyeball Masks took a while but ended up increasing in price.

Regarding the Mage's Staff, I was one of those people who invested a lot in this, but unfortunately I didn't take into account how re****ed a lot of the community would be to suddenly plummet the demand and price, although considering there was a bigger number of Pumpking Bags in the market compared to Santa's Presents.

One thing is you can never please everyone, there will always be a section of the community who would be upset, and an even smaller section of the community who will be ungrateful regardless of what happens.

2 minutes ago, NagaX said:

So, resources: Cash (a little, less than needed to breed a comp team), easy to get from candies farm. Info, easy to get just writing "pokemmo halloween pumpking boss" (Yes, just need know how to use google). Time, aprox 10/15mins each fight against the boss? 20 maybe? Dont remember exactly, but Im 100% sure if u search a little still can find some replays.
In this point sound like: if a player dont farm its just because he dont want farm.

Getting a team for the boss wasn't too hard for new players, that I'll agree with: I could only afford random Pokemon from GTL and not really anything perfect and it worked for me no issues.

The issue was finding the strats for the boss. Especially after the taunt nerf, people (understandably) kept their strats secret because they were worried that if they would be spread too much, they would nerf those too, so if you wanted to know the strats, you basically had to know someone who had it figured out. If you were new, you usually couldn't afford the risk of experimenting strats if what you thought you had didn't work because to loss would become more significant compared to someone wealthy, so you had to rely on someone wealthier to share the knowledge.

I am by no means arguing in favor of whatever you guys think I'm trying to say. I am merely saying that you guys think it's so easy to make so much money while it is not the case at all. I put 0 emphasis on whether I think it's right or not. Calm yo rich fat uguu Paul

6 minutes ago, NagaX said:

Time, aprox 10/15mins each fight against the boss? 20 maybe?

the Halloween boss took me around 8-12 minutes per run depending on rng, and I only had to make 2 teams before getting the strategy correct. This should be more than doable for newer players imo

6 minutes ago, Imperial said:

One thing is you can never please everyone

this thread, along with the many others, has shown that the PvE/PvP/Casual communities are very far apart in what they want, and someone will always be unhappy. I'm glad we can agree on that 

6 hours ago, Poufilou said:

The addition of leaderboard in event & reward vanity also leading to retaining more information and closing circles of communication. 

information is something that is publicly available, and shared within teams, not really something that private. And even if a few days have passed, he still can make quite a few mil to set himself ahead. Ofc them will not profit as much as me, or any active player from 2013 likely since we have the resources to just mass hoard vanity and avoid even playing the event. 

I also dont think the leaderboard closes circles of communication, in fact I think it increases them, since there will be more people trying new stuff with friends, more people discussing what can be improved, min maxed etc. Sure maybe it wont be discussed over a public chat, but you forget there's mega teams, iirc Chinese have that team Tree [Lo] or something, that has like 5-6 other team branches for example, there's giant teams like Lava (prob wrong example, not really familiar with much game activities rn) etc. The game kinda motivates forces you to want to have a team one way or another even if they're really not something of great value in this mmo, aside from the community it generates.

21 minutes ago, razimove said:

information is something that is publicly available, and shared within teams, not really something that private. And even if a few days have passed, he still can make quite a few mil to set himself ahead. Ofc them will not profit as much as me, or any active player from 2013 likely since we have the resources to just mass hoard vanity and avoid even playing the event. 

I also dont think the leaderboard closes circles of communication, in fact I think it increases them, since there will be more people trying new stuff with friends, more people discussing what can be improved, min maxed etc. Sure maybe it wont be discussed over a public chat, but you forget there's mega teams, iirc Chinese have that team Tree [Lo] or something, that has like 5-6 other team branches for example, there's giant teams like Lava (prob wrong example, not really familiar with much game activities rn) etc. The game kinda motivates forces you to want to have a team one way or another even if they're really not something of great value in this mmo, aside from the community it generates.

We haven't been playing the same game lol

Most of the times you just find 4-5 partners in event and you stick with them cos everyone made some kind of "group" to grind events. The only time where information circulates is when the usual group cannot be rightfully formed because people offline and they have to recruit someone else that doesn't usually play with them. 

Communication within a team goes so far in terms of quality of it, and it's still pretty much private in my opinion. 

By the time a very useful information is publicly available, a player had time to waste enough money/time looking for it/ obtaining the resources to use it to not just reduce it to a simple "googling and farming" type of situation. 

EDit : I feel like established players that are in several Discord, or have several old players friends/connections just don't fully realize how hard it could be to get the good info that doesn't just suck, in the middle of A LOT of info during an event where everyone's active. And even if you do get the info, most of these events require a group of people kek the ability to gather other players is ALSO something that new player obviously will struggle more 

Edited by Poufilou
12 minutes ago, Quakkz said:

i mean i did the xmas event solo with my alts and had 2 spots on leaderboard,  i told my strat to anybody who asked me. dunno why you are complaining about strats being hidden lol

Great. How many new players asked u

I don't know where you see any complaining, or is it you guys being triggered for whatever reason when someone says the game isn't the same for everyone. Does it break your sense of self made man or what

1 hour ago, Poufilou said:

Most of the times you just find 4-5 partners in event and you stick with them cos everyone made some kind of "group" to grind events.

people just use alts or well try to find people to grind with through some media, discord, game wtv. And they can all learn together, it's legit not rocket science any of the events we had so far.

edit: I feel like the biggest problem of this community, is that they create problems instead of solutions.

Edited by razimove
2 minutes ago, razimove said:

people just use alts or well try to find people to grind with through some media, discord, game wtv. And they can all learn together, it's legit not rocket science any of the events we had so far.

Sure. That's how the events works. Where are you going with that. 

I reacted because reading people that had success with the event saying that everyone could have done that in an easy way is just false. I don't complain in any way about the event mechanics nor do I care that much about everyone having same chances (which is impossible). Established players thinking any player have the same resources in these events just hurt to see. Especially when some of them are just here to hoard. People may buy your vanities but not the bullshit 

8 minutes ago, Poufilou said:

Great. How many new players asked u

I don't know where you see any complaining, or is it you guys being triggered for whatever reason when someone says the game isn't the same for everyone. Does it break your sense of self made man or what

your crusade against anyone who has a few vanities in their bags is really cute. and yes, i see you recently whining in every thread that has any mention of limited items or related. i dont know when you found your inner communist, but maybe you should consider other ways of farming other than ev training, this never has been a really good way to obtain money.

a lot of new players actually sent me ingame mails asking about strategies - and i also started from scratch in 2018, started focusing on grinding money in 2019 - so claiming you cant catch up if you really want to is really stupid to me.

anyways im out, in other threads you werent open for any solid arguments against your point, so you wont be here. have fun being salty instead of actually playing the game.

1 minute ago, Quakkz said:

your crusade against anyone who has a few vanities in their bags is really cute. and yes, i see you recently whining in every thread that has any mention of limited items or related. i dont know when you found your inner communist, but maybe you should consider other ways of farming other than ev training, this never has been a really good way to obtain money.

a lot of new players actually sent me ingame mails asking about strategies - and i also started from scratch in 2018, started focusing on grinding money in 2019 - so claiming you cant catch up if you really want to is really stupid to me.

anyways im out, in other threads you werent open for any solid arguments against your point, so you wont be here. have fun being salty instead of actually playing the game.

By every you mean one. I don't know if you're trying to be smart or if you really think I care enough. The classic "you're not open for arguments" with nothing backing up your claims and attacks. 

Again, stop being so triggered, you're the one here making the scene of someone who can't answer anything other than attacking with the latter. 

I don't seek to be rich and spend a lot donating time and/or money for the community. See, I play the game. Go get ur butthurt somewhere else if you have nothing to say