Are the devs still alive?

5小时前,Kyu 说:

The year is 2022. The Devs™ are still poopy uguus. The ferry to Johto is years behind schedule, and no ship could be seen on the horizon. But for what reason could they possibly care? The fat capitalist pigs roll in their money stolen from working class players. The others could surely see that a better game awaits, if only they would stop throwing fistfuls of cash at the bourgeois.

Cries of "Johto When?" echo through the channel chats. They fall on deaf ears; The Devs™ have lost all ability to communicate except in Mandarin. The only sounds that could be heard were "做得好! 下一个限定项目是什么时候?"

Truly, my homeland has been lost. I would never taste an Apricorn again thanks to their blind greed.

I clench my fist. Wait- Was there a berry here before? I don't remember grabbing it from my bag. And when did I even log in?

It bursts into juice and the insatiable urge to create PokeBlocks overcomes me. I head to Lilycove and make 30 Blue Pokeblocks+. Did I even want to do this?

Oh no. A new Year of the Tiger vanity just released, limited edition. Suddenly, my browser navigates to my donation URL. Dark patterns convince me to move my mouse over the "Purchase" button and my bank account is now $1500 lighter. I frantically make a support ticket for a refund, but The Devs™ respond the only way they know how: "No Refunds."

I lament my situation and accept my fate. I click the Gift Shop button, throw my mouse over the Tiger, and click "Buy."

"Hey- They let me purchase more than 1 at a time now? Wow, The Devs™ really do care." 

As Kyu sips on his mojitos on the beach after a decade of developing the game, he winks into the camera.

End scene.

The current trading market is too chaotic. Do you have any plans about it?

11 minutes ago, luosise said:

The current trading market is too chaotic. Do you have any plans about it?

Our wishlist for the GTL includes an order book and auction support, similar to other MMOs, as well as qol features like saved searches. I cannot give you a timeframe for when they may be worked on though, sorry. We're pretty busy right now.

6 minutes ago, Paul said:

I can say I'm extremely excited for this to be released in 2025 with the next update

thank you for your support, stay tuned for the kickstarter

14分钟前,Kyu 说:

Our wishlist for the GTL includes an order book and auction support, similar to other MMOs, as well as qol features like saved searches. I cannot give you a timeframe for when they may be worked on though, sorry. We're pretty busy right now.

It would be nice if market transactions could be restricted?.

I suggest that the trading system should be restricted from listing items with a price higher than or equal to red, and the rate at which prices change color should be slowed down.

37 minutes ago, luosise said:

I suggest that the trading system should be restricted from listing items with a price higher than or equal to red, and the rate at which prices change color should be slowed down.

The quantity of products will not change, and those who care about these vanity prices will always find a way to raise the price.

4小时前,Kyu 说:

我们对 GTL 的愿望清单包括与其他 MMO 类似的订单簿和拍卖支持,以及保存搜索等 qol 功能。不过,我不能给你一个时间表,说明他们什么时候可以工作,对不起。我们现在很忙。

感谢您的支持,请继续关注kickstarter

The main reason why fashion is too expensive is that all the rich people bought it. In the past, there was no place to buy it. Those who bought it have been speculation about the price. If fashion can be returned to the factory, many problems can be solved

4小时前,Kyu 说:

The current game trading environment makes me feel sad. This is a game full of memories and love. Why has it become a commercial game? Capitalists bid up prices, resulting in no new players joining the game. Now there is such a dead circle. I sincerely suggest that this part can be improved

11小时前,Kyu 说:

The year is 2022. The Devs™ are still poopy uguus. The ferry to Johto is years behind schedule, and no ship could be seen on the horizon. But for what reason could they possibly care? The fat capitalist pigs roll in their money stolen from working class players. The others could surely see that a better game awaits, if only they would stop throwing fistfuls of cash at the bourgeois.

Cries of "Johto When?" echo through the channel chats. They fall on deaf ears; The Devs™ have lost all ability to communicate except in Mandarin. The only sounds that could be heard were "做得好! 下一个限定项目是什么时候?"

Truly, my homeland has been lost. I would never taste an Apricorn again thanks to their blind greed.

I clench my fist. Wait- Was there a berry here before? I don't remember grabbing it from my bag. And when did I even log in?

It bursts into juice and the insatiable urge to create PokeBlocks overcomes me. I head to Lilycove and make 30 Blue Pokeblocks+. Did I even want to do this?

Oh no. A new Year of the Tiger vanity just released, limited edition. Suddenly, my browser navigates to my donation URL. Dark patterns convince me to move my mouse over the "Purchase" button and my bank account is now $1500 lighter. I frantically make a support ticket for a refund, but The Devs™ respond the only way they know how: "No Refunds."

I lament my situation and accept my fate. I click the Gift Shop button, throw my mouse over the Tiger, and click "Buy."

"Hey- They let me purchase more than 1 at a time now? Wow, The Devs™ really do care." 

As Kyu sips on his mojitos on the beach after a decade of developing the game, he winks into the camera.

End scene.

A lot of fashion prices are really, really outrageous right now, so much so that I'm ready to sell one of my kidneys to buy them.  How can capitalists deliberately hoard goods and then raise the entire market price so that we ordinary people with only two kidneys can survive?  I suggest that fashion be re-sold from time to time to resist the dirty behavior of these capitalists.  I'm sorry for my above complaints.  Next month I will go to sell my precious kidney, excuse me which hospital nurse is more gentle and beautiful?  

1小时前,Eze 说:

A lot of fashion prices are really, really outrageous right now, so much so that I'm ready to sell one of my kidneys to buy them.  How can capitalists deliberately hoard goods and then raise the entire market price so that we ordinary people with only two kidneys can survive?  I suggest that fashion be re-sold from time to time to resist the dirty behavior of these capitalists.  I'm sorry for my above complaints.  Next month I will go to sell my precious kidney, excuse me which hospital nurse is more gentle and beautiful?  

gl,bro

3 hours ago, lixida123 said:

If fashion can be returned to the factory, many problems can be solved

1 hour ago, Eze said:

I suggest that fashion be re-sold from time to time

I agree the prices of limited-time items makes them unobtainable for most players, but they have said in the past they won't have those items return. People paid real money for those items when they first released, and it would be a scam to years later release it again when it was advertised as being limited-time. 

The main problem I see is with inflation. Wealthy players have boatloads of money, but with nothing to spend it on, so they just dump it into whatever new vanity comes out. The solution would be to add new money sinks that could reduce how much money these players have, but it's probably too late now that they're hoarding billions. 

10 hours ago, Kyu said:

Tbh from my perspective this sounds really cool, even as a long-term plan. Ingame auctions would help a ton even right now, not so sure about the ordering system though.

But, Kyu- let's be honest, we are all waiting for dungeons, legendaries and hidden abilities. Did this get pushed aside due to some other obligations/ plans?

Edited by RysPicz
9 hours ago, luosise said:

Prices are based on demand, blame the section of the community who are hoarding all of these vanity items, but equally blame the community for creating that high demand and causing the prices to rise excessively (e.g. Winged Helmet which has now seen a significant drop compared to the last few days)

5 hours ago, POKEMM01st said:

The current game trading environment makes me feel sad. This is a game full of memories and love. Why has it become a commercial game? Capitalists bid up prices, resulting in no new players joining the game. Now there is such a dead circle. I sincerely suggest that this part can be improved

I agree that the game is commercial based with the vanity market, but your last point is totally incorrect - there will always be new players joining the game for the storyline, getting into PvE/PvP and also the interaction with the community.

8 hours ago, Ahpool said:

If LC is not popular, why does PWC PSL always have LC,

I'm a bit biased because I strongly dislike LC - there are a lot of people playing it but I believe there's a section of the community who are desperate to keep it relevant, also there are loads of players who have invested loads in LC comps so it would be wrong to not host any unofficial tournaments/matches for it completely, hence it's featured in WC and PSL.

Also the LCPSL was also successful, but whether that is maintained in the long-term I'm not sure.

2 hours ago, Paul said:

I agree the prices of limited-time items makes them unobtainable for most players, but they have said in the past they won't have those items return. People paid real money for those items when they first released, and it would be a scam to years later release it again when it was advertised as being limited-time. 

The main problem I see is with inflation. Wealthy players have boatloads of money, but with nothing to spend it on, so they just dump it into whatever new vanity comes out. The solution would be to add new money sinks that could reduce how much money these players have, but it's probably too late now that they're hoarding billions. 

People are complaining about the prices of the vanity items, and I agree, but what people fail to realise and mention is how the newer players were able to make a ton of money. I'll list some examples:

• Halloween event - It was possible to grind between 20 or 30m during this time
  • Werewolf Masks - There was a short period where the grey werewolf mask increased by 5m, enabling loads of players to earn a decent profit
  • GDM - These reached around 35m, which is a healthy investment for players who joined in early 2021 
  • Winged Helmets - Reached a peak of 18m, enabling many players especially those who earnt it via Santa Presents to earn a decent chunk of profit, not to mention the prices of the Santa Presents themselves

There is also the Lunar New Year event likely coming up, players need to be innovative in ways to invest and earn money (where possible). 

Unfortunately as many of these players became richer, the prices of these vanity items reflected that, hence why the significant increase in price on the reaper hoods and plague masks after the Halloween event.

10 minutes ago, Imperial said:

Halloween event - It was possible to grind between 20 or 30m during this time

No "new players" had resources to farm the pumpkin which was the only way to make that much. 

10 minutes ago, Imperial said:
  • Werewolf Masks - There was a short period where the grey werewolf mask increased by 5m, enabling loads of players to earn a decent profit
  • GDM - These reached around 35m, which is a healthy investment for players who joined in early 2021 
  • Winged Helmets - Reached a peak of 18m, enabling many players especially those who earnt it via Santa Presents to earn a decent chunk of profit, not to mention the prices of the Santa Presents themselves

All of those require investment that most new players can't afford either unless they donate. At most some of them got lucky with helmets drops. 

I regret LC being dropped but I can understand the reasoning behind. I also kind of enjoy the fact that it is a tier that is being handled by the community (clauses and bans) and so far it proved that self-management of PvP side is good. I don't think it can apply to any other tier but it does set something in a potential apocalyptic world where OU and Randoms are the only "popular tiers" worth spending time on. 

Edited by Poufilou
14 minutes ago, Poufilou said:

No "new players" had resources to farm the pumpkin which was the only way to make that much. 

All of those require investment that most new players can't afford either unless they donate. At most some of them got lucky with helmets drops. 

All "new players" had resources to farm the pumpkin, this year we just need two mons to beat it. How much cash u can waste to breed 2 mons? 600k, 700k? Or even if new players didnt breed, just with complete all regions u have a couple millions, enought to buy 2 lvl 100 mons and go farm. A new guy complete all regions and drop the cash? Dont worry, go farm candies from kids and get 1 o 2m to buy mons ez

Xmas and New year event are free, dont need any investment and its easy grind cash, on last new year event any new player could go to event, farm and buy a GDM with a couple runs. 

If a new player have luck and casually start in pokemmo a couple weeks before halloween event, he can get A LOT of cash in a super fast way. If a new player start after new year event, well, gl with gims runs.