Are the devs still alive?

14 hours ago, Kyu said:

We're all fine. Covid's made life difficult for everyone, so work suffers because of that. I personally took a month off after CNY as I got married and moved house, but I'm sure nobody cares about that.

We've had a lot of trouble keeping up with the population growth of the game this past year, so a lot of development time has been dedicated to improving toolage for the GMs & support staff. Players don't see that though. It's a balancing act trying to devote time to those types of things and actual gameplay.

We're currently planning on a bug fix patch to address some ugly gameplay warts, then afterwards a small gameplay patch for PvP improvements. I'm not sure how long the latter is scheduled to take, so we'll see. Afterwards, it'll depend on how ambitious we're feeling.

Congrats on the marriage

16 hours ago, Kyu said:

We're all fine. Covid's made life difficult for everyone, so work suffers because of that. I personally took a month off after CNY as I got married and moved house, but I'm sure nobody cares about that.

We've had a lot of trouble keeping up with the population growth of the game this past year, so a lot of development time has been dedicated to improving toolage for the GMs & support staff. Players don't see that though. It's a balancing act trying to devote time to those types of things and actual gameplay.

We're currently planning on a bug fix patch to address some ugly gameplay warts, then afterwards a small gameplay patch for PvP improvements. I'm not sure how long the latter is scheduled to take, so we'll see. Afterwards, it'll depend on how ambitious we're feeling.

I would like to congratulate both you and the bride for tying the knot last month!  Whoever the wife may be, she made a great choice!  Enjoy your honeymoon!

In light of what you mentioned, the community and I would like to take this opportunity now to thank you for your time and dedication in making this game possible!  You and the entire team have been helping us get through this rough Covid time period.  Your impact on the game and our lives has truly been a bright spot for all of us.  It definitely would be an understatement to say that we really missed you during the time you were off and to say the least, we can't thank you and the crew enough for making a mini paradise for us to escape this awful Covid world.

I look forward to continuing my work in providing update videos on my YouTube channel, Roy Rogers News.  I would also like to thank you for constructing the Update Changelogs for me to read.  They have been quite helpful!

I wish you all the best in your future endeavors!

- Bestfriends

On 5/8/2021 at 7:56 PM, Kyu said:

Thank you for the kind words everyone.

At the moment, we're looking to introduce a Randoms mode for PvP. @Rache is the primary designer of that. As well, I'd like to see what we can do to encourage more NU/UU play, through rewards or other means.

We haven't pegged the scope of that patch yet, so it'll probably feature creep into more items.

He doesn't use the forums but is still active in development.

Sebastian-sama!

Capture15.PNG

Congrats on the marriage i hope it ends up being a really long relationship!

On the other side Randoms is not something that i think people would want so bad, not as much as Hidden abilities and dungeons its been 6 years almost since the announce of this. I think it would be a good time to tell us the progress on this future update don't you think?

On 5/8/2021 at 6:43 PM, Kyu said:

post pics of ur waifu

On 5/8/2021 at 10:13 PM, Kyu said:

I personally took a month off after CNY as I got married and moved house, but I'm sure nobody cares about that.

Congratulations! Hope it was as amazing as you wished it would be. 

On 5/8/2021 at 10:13 PM, Kyu said:

We've had a lot of trouble keeping up with the population growth of the game this past year

I'm curious as to why you guys haven't tried to launch an ad campaign or two to bring in more players if that is the case. I personally believe Pokemon fans around the world would be absolutely thrilled to find a MMO version of their childhood games. Seems like a no-brainer to me. Unless, of course, something is stopping you guys. 

36 minutes ago, EricRasp said:

I'm curious as to why you guys haven't tried to launch an ad campaign or two to bring in more players if that is the case. I personally believe Pokemon fans around the world would be absolutely thrilled to find a MMO version of their childhood games. Seems like a no-brainer to me. Unless, of course, something is stopping you guys. 

There is a guy who posted about PokeMMO in youtube, he had a decent amount of Subs and views too. Idk if they gave that ad or not but PokeMMO community is very big in game and yet only some few people talk in Forums... PokeMMO have a very large player base nowadays so they had to make tools for GMs XD

Hope they add Johto someday.

• 3 weeks later...

omg kyu is an mortal human like us!!! I love you kyu I admire you too much!!! <3 I wish you a long life full of blessings brother

On 8/5/2021 at 11:43, Kyu said:

Estamos todos bien. Covid ha hecho la vida difícil para todos, por lo que el trabajo se ve afectado por eso. Personalmente, me tomé un mes de descanso después de CNY cuando me casé y me mudé de casa, pero estoy seguro de que a nadie le importa eso.

Hemos tenido muchos problemas para mantenernos al día con el crecimiento de la población del juego el año pasado, por lo que se ha dedicado mucho tiempo de desarrollo a mejorar el espacio para los DJ y el personal de apoyo. Sin embargo, los jugadores no ven eso. Es un acto de equilibrio tratar de dedicar tiempo a ese tipo de cosas y al juego real.

Actualmente estamos planeando un parche de corrección de errores para abordar algunas verrugas de juego desagradables, luego, un pequeño parche de juego para mejoras de PvP. No estoy seguro de cuánto tiempo está programado para este último, así que veremos. Después, dependerá de lo ambiciosos que nos sintamos.

• 7 months later...
On 5/10/2021 at 4:51 PM, Takens said:

On the other side Randoms is not something that i think people would want so bad.

Randoms have only 5 months of existence on MMO and it's the most popular tier, more than OU.

Well, devs gained time to work on Johto, Dungeons and Hidden Abilitys.

6 hours ago, caioxlive13 said:

Randoms have only 5 months of existence on MMO and it's the most popular tier, more than OU.

Well, devs gained time to work on Johto, Dungeons and Hidden Abilitys.

It is most popular due to no investment to play and MMO developers copying other games where developers care about community. Here they do not care.

On 1/16/2022 at 3:07 AM, Shhhhh said:

It is most popular due to no investment to play and MMO developers copying other games where developers care about community. Here they do not care.

I mean, they didn't copy anything that wasn't an open source, there's no I.P. theft here. The problem is what you mentioned earlier, 0 effort so even pve people get into it compared to tiers or formats that require you to invest some decently big amount of time into.

The game could really new content, but at this point, that lays on the chinese community hands since you guys account for most of the population and they really don't care enough for the lesser population.

As much as I am waiting for many "easy to implement" QoL/content changes, the "devs don't care" rant is getting old. The updates we had were good and pointed in a good direction for community at large for most of them (looking at you LC removal). It's just slow. I know that people will always complain (I include myself) but I don't think it's fair to say they don't care and rather get that juicy chinese money. We had several positive changes showing that they do care. 

On 1/18/2022 at 9:13 AM, razimove said:

I mean, they didn't copy anything that wasn't an open source, there's no I.P. theft here. The problem is what you mentioned earlier, 0 effort so even pve people get into it compared to tiers or formats that require you to invest some decently big amount of time into.

The game could really new content, but at this point, that lays on the chinese community hands since you guys account for most of the population and they really don't care enough for the lesser population.

No copy for theft. Copy for Random battle with admission and comparing to other pokemon battle games like showdown. As you spoke unless you are the Chinese community nobody cares

10 minutes ago, Kyu said:

The year is 2022. The Devs™ are still poopy uguus. The ferry to Johto is years behind schedule, and no ship could be seen on the horizon. But for what reason could they possibly care? The fat capitalist pigs roll in their money stolen from working class players. The others could surely see that a better game awaits, if only they would stop throwing fistfuls of cash at the bourgeois.

Cries of "Johto When?" echo through the channel chats. They fall on deaf ears; The Devs™ have lost all ability to communicate except in Mandarin. The only sounds that could be heard were "做得好! 下一个限定项目是什么时候?"

Truly, my homeland has been lost. I would never taste an Apricorn again thanks to their blind greed.

I clench my fist. Wait- Was there a berry here before? I don't remember grabbing it from my bag. And when did I even log in?

It bursts into juice and the insatiable urge to create PokeBlocks overcomes me. I head to Lilycove and make 30 Blue Pokeblocks+. Did I even want to do this?

Oh no. A new Year of the Tiger vanity just released, limited edition. Suddenly, my browser navigates to my donation URL. Dark patterns convince me to move my mouse over the "Purchase" button and my bank account is now $1500 lighter. I frantically make a support ticket for a refund, but The Devs™ respond the only way they know how: "No Refunds."

I lament my situation and accept my fate. I click the Gift Shop button, throw my mouse over the Tiger, and click "Buy."

"Hey- They let me purchase more than 1 at a time now? Wow, The Devs™ really do care." 

As Kyu sips on his mojitos on the beach after a decade of developing the game, he winks into the camera.

End scene.

How dare you waste time writing this up instead of working on Johto?

22 minutes ago, Kyu said:

The year is 2022. The Devs™ are still poopy uguus. The ferry to Johto is years behind schedule, and no ship could be seen on the horizon. But for what reason could they possibly care? The fat capitalist pigs roll in their money stolen from working class players. The others could surely see that a better game awaits, if only they would stop throwing fistfuls of cash at the bourgeois.

Cries of "Johto When?" echo through the channel chats. They fall on deaf ears; The Devs™ have lost all ability to communicate except in Mandarin. The only sounds that could be heard were "做得好! 下一个限定项目是什么时候?"

Truly, my homeland has been lost. I would never taste an Apricorn again thanks to their blind greed.

I clench my fist. Wait- Was there a berry here before? I don't remember grabbing it from my bag. And when did I even log in?

It bursts into juice and the insatiable urge to create PokeBlocks overcomes me. I head to Lilycove and make 30 Blue Pokeblocks+. Did I even want to do this?

Oh no. A new Year of the Tiger vanity just released, limited edition. Suddenly, my browser navigates to my donation URL. Dark patterns convince me to move my mouse over the "Purchase" button and my bank account is now $1500 lighter. I frantically make a support ticket for a refund, but The Devs™ respond the only way they know how: "No Refunds."

I lament my situation and accept my fate. I click the Gift Shop button, throw my mouse over the Tiger, and click "Buy."

"Hey- They let me purchase more than 1 at a time now? Wow, The Devs™ really do care." 

As Kyu sips on his mojitos on the beach after a decade of developing the game, he winks into the camera.

End scene.

This poem is quite riveting! If you are not impressed from this work of art, then you are not human.

Keep up the good work!

P.S. Looking forward to seeing what the Tiger vanity looks like. Also, please give Kyu a raise, we need more epic poetry on here.

41 minutes ago, Kyu said:

End scene.

You owe me cash kyu 

IMG_20220119_225735.jpg

It’s hard to take the people who run this game seriously when they intentionally troll players who actually care about what they’ve created… If you can’t accept your game being criticized. You’re in the wrong business. I mean… seriously. You’re already stealing and illegally profiting off work that doesn’t belong to you. The least they can do is attempt to display some form of respect for those who choose to keep it alive by donating obscene amounts of money for a couple pixels.

56 minutes ago, jayian said:

It’s hard to take the people who run this game seriously when they intentionally troll players who actually care about what they’ve created… If you can’t accept your game being criticized. You’re in the wrong business. I mean… seriously. You’re already stealing and illegally profiting off work that doesn’t belong to you. The least they can do is attempt to display some form of respect for those who choose to keep it alive by donating obscene amounts of money for a couple pixels.

You kinda reap what you sow if you go around showing disrespect for them like a good amount of players seem to do without any care in the world (hey its the internet it's allowed). 

On one hand I appreciate the funny post, on the other I wonder what kind of community are we if both parties can't communicate other than trolling each other. Pretty sure that if we had more communication, there would be less of this negative vibe going on, and pretty sure the lack of it has been feeding it. Just saying. 

They would still be spamming Johto when tho

1 hour ago, jayian said:

My excessive experience in both being a thief and administrating this game has indicated to me that sometimes posts aren't worth responding to seriously. While I didn't need to respond with my first draft script of the opening scene of PokeMMO: Where Thieves Lie (Part 1)(Release TBD), we've found over the years that sometimes our players enjoy the admins riffing on our less than useful postings.

"devs are bad because they copied randoms feature from showdown" is not a statement which gives me any opportunity to have a positive interaction with the player (unless they got a smile out of my response). It's not even "criticism", it's just flaming because they're dissatisfied with us. So, there's not much to do here except either ignore it, beg for their forgiveness, or overexplain the intricacies of responding to forums posts to someone whose opinion of my movie production is apparently already very negative.

(I chose the third path because it relieved the tedium of rewriting the mart system to accommodate for the LNY event for a little while.)

Edited by Kyu
5小时前,Kyu 说:

End scene.

why ban Lc tournament?

Lc players are few, but should not be ban