Remove Quick Claw and Kings Rock

CHUCKunso

Question

I won't go in-depth about the reasoning behind it because I feel like we used quite a lot of threads to discuss our arguments. For reference look into this or this post. This suggestion thread is mostly to showcase that we won't just let it slide that we didn't get a reply from most if not any staff members (afaik Munya is the only one to at least reply in either of the two threads linked above) in quite some time concerning this topic. Hence I will simply tag every staff member listed in hopes of a reply.

@Rache@Munya@Squirtle@Desu@Kyu@Bearminator@Shu@SecretDjinn@Teddi@MPDH@Revz@YIBU@BrokenBulb@Darkshade@Gizmo@Mikyii@MrPeruano@Sethsen@Blackjaw@Cosmooth@Drakkmord@Lacei@LordHydra@NewCPlayer@TechnoVortex@xJoseee

10 answers to this question

I'd suggest trying again when or if these items ever actually has a significant impact on anything, as it is now I can't even locate a quick claw in usage and the only pokemon I can find significantly using kings rock loses more than it wins.

9 minutes ago, Munya said:

I'd suggest trying again when or if these items ever actually has a significant impact on anything, as it is now I can't even locate a quick claw in usage and the only pokemon I can find significantly using kings rock loses more than it wins.

this is a very detrimental way of doing things and you know it, stop being stubborn.

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Munya said:

So you are saying winrate is what matters here? Okay remove Rotom-Mow from the game please, 8% OU usuage and 56+% WR is just too much.

On a serious note tho, I am pretty sure some posts should already have pointed out how winrate should not be a sole indicator for competitive decisions. You can't tell me that kings rock on cloyster is irrelevant (on the basis that the mon itself has a WR below 50%) to the competitive experience if you are actually able to see kings rock cloyster win off of flinches in deep tourney runs.

Edit: And if you are saying the impact is not significant what is the reasoning against banning those items if it just spikes frustration but seemingly is a "inferior" item choice?! Removing them should therefore just bring happy people, overall a more competitive scene and less "noob traps" if the winrate is really so much worse on cloyster compared to other items. While we are at it: What is the Winrate of Sash, Herb and Kings Rock Cloyster compared to each other then? We can't access those statistics afaik so if you have more insight than just the statistic we are able to see please share.

Edited by CHUCKunso
12 minutes ago, Munya said:

The problem here isn't win rate and never has been. This is a game, it is supposed to be enjoyable. It is in your best interest for more people to enjoy playing this game. Not only is it incredibly frustrating to play against when they do work but when they don't work you often don't even know the opponent has them equipped, so you don't even feel good when you beat the creatures using these items and only feel bad when you lose to them. Supporting interactive, unintuitive and quite frankly cheap aspects of the game is bad game design, they don't add anything to the game other than being an annoyance and It should be in your best interests to remove them too.

If I was to play a game where I roll a dice and I win if the number lands between 1-4, am I having fun? is it a good game? Do I feel good or more skilled when I win the dice roll? This can't be a serious argument, surely.

Also how do you possibly gauge the significance of the impact that enabling sand veil has on Garchomp?

26 minutes ago, Munya said:

its this lack of knowledge from those who have power + control on competitive which constantly frustrates the player base.

I don't think there has ever been one thing that the entire competitive community has ever agreed on, except that hax items are terrible for the game and competitive play would be better without them. I have yet to see one person defend them that has even the tiniest of relevance in terms of competitive achievements. But no, I guess we're stuck with them because we're getting the same response every time from people who never had to suffer to play against them that "hax items aren't good", which for the 28th time is completely missing the point.

7 hours ago, Munya said:

Might you try looking at doubles usage... if thats something staff even track/care about

hax.png.e92fca35691f1c418d9afe2fe83cbf7c.png

First time playing OU all season in matchmaking to come across this stupidity, for the fun of it sat there to see just how often it activated in a face off with CM/QD. every 2-3 turns, i kid you not.

Then Cloyster from Doubles statistics & Ferro from OU as those are the common ones that i've seen.
ferro.png.54afcb98545a2e8daaa1fcc2da42f1b1.pngcloy.png.2415ae0c5f580f0ce14719304d1a74ed.png

No one likes them, why tf are you bothering to fight with keeping them here?