all hoenn trainers

majinadam

Question

6 answers to this question

I guess I'll be the sole defender for now. Trainers should work the same way in Hoenn that they do everywhere else. They got rid of the VS detector in Kanto. And if they release Johto I hope they ditch the phone call nonsense there too.

I know but you can fight other trainers in other regions, haven't you think of that?

Yes, but if you're playing the story in Hoenn--and ESPECIALLY if you've started in Hoenn--you are automatically having a lesser experience than any player in another region is. The ease and simplicity of rematching trainers in other regions is a great source of EXP and money. Even in the early game I've done a lot of trainer runs because I can experiment with teams, gain EXP for my reserve party, and stock up on money for Pokeballs so I never have to miss an opportunity to catch useful breeding material (or just a mon with not-bad IVs, something this game pretty much requires even in the story) on the way to my next objective. Hoenn features less opportunity for that, making it the lesser experience.

Edited by AnRae
wanted to respond to RealMak
2 hours ago, AnRae said:

I guess I'll be the sole defender for now. Trainers should work the same way in Hoenn that they do everywhere else. They got rid of the VS detector in Kanto. And if they release Johto I hope they ditch the phone call nonsense there too.

Yes, but if you're playing the story in Hoenn--and ESPECIALLY if you've started in Hoenn--you are automatically having a lesser experience than any player in another region is. The ease and simplicity of rematching trainers in other regions is a great source of EXP and money. Even in the early game I've done a lot of trainer runs because I can experiment with teams, gain EXP for my reserve party, and stock up on money for Pokeballs so I never have to miss an opportunity to catch useful breeding material (or just a mon with not-bad IVs, something this game pretty much requires even in the story) on the way to my next objective. Hoenn features less opportunity for that, making it the lesser experience.

Thank you for explaining it