Does anybody know the specifics of pheno spawn mechanics?

I still need an Audino and Alomomola for OT national dex completion and I've almost never seen any callouts for either of these spawns...so I'm thinking of taking it into my own hands.

However, I don't know exactly how the spawns work in this game; specifically how many at a time, whether there's a cooldown, and what the spawn interval is.

If anybody KNOWS specifics, please leave a reply. I ask that you do NOT reply if you think something works a certain way, I'd only like to hear from people who are sure that what they're saying is true in this regard, as being wrong means a lot of wasted time on my part.

If it's not Feebas, Special = Phenomena. Bubbling water/rustling grass/shadows/dust clouds in Unova.

There are only 2 of these on the server, they exist for 10 minutes, then de-spawn and spawn in a new location after 5 minutes to last 10 minutes again. In return for them being rare you get better loot inside — a rare mon (some are exclusive to these) with higher than normal average stats and either a fossil or a mysterious gem. These gems can be combined with any type enhancing items, like charcoal, to get 5 consumable typed gems that provide a one time +50% boost to a move. You can also use 20 of these typed gems to change the type of Hidden Power a mon has to that type (doesn't need to know the actual move for this, it's permanent till you change it again or reset with normal gems).

Watch the global chat, add "pheno" to your chat alert by clicking the speaker icon in the chat box.

For Feebas — it's catchable in 6 spots across the whole river, so pretty hard to find. These spots change every 45 minutes. Some people organize raids to brute-force the river semi-regularly.

(Credit to https://pastelink.net/phenomena)

1 minute ago, Lacei said:

There are only 2 of these on the server, they exist for 10 minutes, then de-spawn and spawn in a new location after 5 minutes to last 10 minutes again. In return for them being rare you get better loot inside — a rare mon (some are exclusive to these) with higher than normal average stats and either a fossil or a mysterious gem. These gems can be combined with any type enhancing items, like charcoal, to get 5 consumable typed gems that provide a one time +50% boost to a move. You can also use 20 of these typed gems to change the type of Hidden Power a mon has to that type (doesn't need to know the actual move for this, it's permanent till you change it again or reset with normal gems).

Since they essentially are on a 15 minute rotation, can you tell me if they start on the hour? Like at 0, 15, 30, 45, 60 etc?

2 minutes ago, Bryce said:

Since they essentially are on a 15 minute rotation, can you tell me if they start on the hour? Like at 0, 15, 30, 45, 60 etc?

Wouldn't be able to tell you as of right now, I'll ask the Developers about it and see if they can shed some light on this, good question.

Needless to say, the odds of you finding one that JUST spawned are incredibly low, so there will always be some lack of conviction in the timing if you are actively hunting for Phenomena.

Just now, Lacei said:

Wouldn't be able to tell you as of right now, I'll ask the Developers about it and see if they can shed some light on this, good question.

Needless to say, the odds of you finding one that JUST spawned are incredibly low, so there will always be some lack of conviction in the timing if you are actively hunting for Phenomena.

Yeah I just need 2 mons to complete my dex. Audino will be a pain but I can probably eventually find Alomomola when I start shunting Staryu. I did put in a suggestion to have phenos appear on TV the way swarms do, but I don't know how much activity a suggestion needs to receive before it's taken seriously...

On 4/25/2021 at 9:05 PM, Lacei said:

Have you heard any updates in regards to this?

Edited by Bryce
On 4/25/2021 at 9:56 PM, Lacei said:

If it's not Feebas, Special = Phenomena. Bubbling water/rustling grass/shadows/dust clouds in Unova.

Watch the global chat, add "pheno" to your chat alert by clicking the speaker icon in the chat box.

For Feebas — it's catchable in 6 spots across the whole river, so pretty hard to find. These spots change every 45 minutes. Some people organize raids to brute-force the river semi-regularly.

(Credit to https://pastelink.net/phenomena)

Reading throught old posts that where asking for phenomena, some people said that the shadow, water and grass phenos where bugged and you could see them only if relog. Do you have any information if this is still true? Because that might be something to take into consideration if someone would want to start hunting.