PokeMMO Automated Breed Helper(And breeding tutorial on the Help page)

Nibero

pokemmobreedhelperimage.JPG

PokeMMO Breed Helper is a Spreadsheet that automaticly calculates wich stats you need to find on Wild Pokemon to achieve a build.
Paired with a few QOL feateres its a extremely handy tool to breed in small steps (for if you are low on $ for example), or to simply have the spreadsheet breakdown the combinations for you instead of undergoing brain surgery to figure out how you wanna mix them

Features include:
- Moveset Builder
- EV Finetuning
- Egg Move Builder
- Financial Information
- Efficient Places to farm EGG Type Pokemon based on your own choice.
- And more!

Tutorials can be found in the spreadsheet if you scroll down a bit. Consult the Help tab If you are lost, new, confused or all the above.

Cheers!

*how to unlock the breed helper*
1. Make sure you are logged into your Google Account.
2. Open the spreadsheet.
3. Go to File and then select  Copy Spreadsheet.
4. You now have a copy that you can use.

Click Here to open the breed helper.

Edited by Nibero
  • Nibero changed the title to i was bored so i made this breeding spreadsheet (and a breeding tutorial)
  • Nibero changed the title to PokeMMO Breed Helper 1.1 (And breeding tutorial)
  • 2 weeks later...

Currently working on automating the IV's so you dont have to fill them in anymore, and il upgrade the sheet a bit to make it look a bit cleaner.

link to preview: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DeVCCcqaGZazkei5yfKulw_59dSsPCevyXaPJHWSllk/edit?usp=sharing

Note:
its work in progress, and it wont be easy as im running into a few speed bumps as how to distribute the iv's how to recognize how many times 31 your using etcetera, but il make it work :)

• Nibero changed the title to PokeMMO Breed Helper (And breeding tutorial)

Able to Automaticly Generate IV's with the new version, tested it for errors, it seems to be fine. 

Link in the main post if you wish to use it. Read the note next to it tho as its very restricted untill i make the formula's more complex.

ex: you will be able to spit out a pokemon with 31 stats and random stats ( represented by a 0), but you can not breed in lets say "0 speed", for that use the 1.1.2 version and enter them manually.

Catch Helper now functional on the automated 1.2 version. It will automaticly generate the 1x31's u need to collect, after generating the Blood Line Chart.

All you need to do is fill in IV's EV's Nature and what Moveset you wish to have, and the rest is automaticly generated.

Note: Unable to automaticly generate baby data based on moves chosen. It is possible but currently too much work for me to be intrested in doing so.
So keep in mind if u wish to have baby moves you will need to manually add them. Currently a QOL feature so you don't need pen and paper.

Edited by Nibero
  • Nibero changed the title to PokeMMO Breed Helper 1.2 (And breeding tutorial)

1.2 got upgraded to 1.2.1 as its now completely automatic!     before u know it, it will play the game for you...

Changes:

- Database information (Egg groups Hold Items and Abilities)
Bassicly all this means is now u can flip switches on abilities or wich egg group you wish to use, instead of figuring out what is what and entering it manually.

In short a tiny QOL upgrade.

- Guides on how to breed and the best EV training locations, are now located in the Breed Helper on the left hand side of the spreadsheet below the "Catch Helper".

Kinda says it all.

- Help Page Added
The help page explains how to use/unlock the spreadsheet, it also contains the tutorial section found on the main panel, a link to another breeding guide, and a chart showing my breeding style in PokeMMO.

- Cleaned up all the tabs at the bottom of the spreadsheet
Instead of a endless line of sheets with calculations, i decided to hide them ( you can still view them if you check hidden sheets incase your curious how the bells and whistles work). Now by default you will only see Sheets that are completed and working as intended.

Plans:

- add a Damage calculator
as well as a complete breakdown off all the damage statistics, you will be able to enter a pokemon and its moveset, and a target pokemon with a moveset. you will be able to run simulations on your breeds and finetune their EV's accordingly. (i have never tried this before so should be fun).

- add a Whocan? panel. 
in this panel you will be able to enter your entire party (IV's EV's Hold Item & Moveset), you will be able to select a target, and you will get information on wich pokemon can K.O. it and wich pokemon can Tank against it most efficiently.

- Finding a way to remove the 31 stat only restriction on the IV's. 

currently the calculator does not know what to do if the number is not 0 or 31.

Final note:

I was planning to automate egg moves as well but i have no idea how to approach that. So if any of you is good with spreadsheets and has a fancy way of achieving that ( Or simply a good logical solution that can be transfered into math). then please leave a reply with your "approach" . Will give credits in the spreadsheet to the person who's idea leads to the solution.

• Nibero changed the title to PokeMMO Breed Helper 1.2.1 (And breeding tutorial)

Added Financial Assist to display the following:

- Cost of the pokemon you breed and a small break down on how much everything costs seperately.

- Recommended prices if you are into selling pokemon you breed.

1 hour ago, Bryce said:

Commenting to say I'll definitely use this if it ends up making breeding comp mons easy to visualize.

Let me know if there is something your missing or would love to see added that would help towards that, as my goal is also to make it easier to visualise for people, as it can be overwhelming for beginning trainers/breeders, currently the only hard wall problem i ran into is the 31 - 0 issue and that i can only break down the stats automaticly using those 2 numbers, wich is a problem obviously as u would have to enter a 31 stat, and constantly substitute it in your mind. But i do think this spreadsheet would almost be considered a hack once the damage calculators are up and running, as it will show you exactly wich pokemon on your team hits the hardest, tanks that pokemon's move the best, and how much EV's u need to a oneshot  against a particular pokemon. And offcourse i wont give up on fixing that 31-0 problem.

I also updated it today with a Financial Assist Panel, this will show you exactly how much making them is gonna cost you, and for how much you can sell them reasonably speaking. ( offcourse gtl changes overtime so the data will be accurate for about a day or so, tho the changes are never that drastic so its give or take.)

Changelog:

Updated to 1.2.2

QOL Upgrade:

Managed to link the catch helper to the blood line chart, now if u flip a switch on the catch helper the blood line chart will read it and register the change.
(Before u had to flip a switch in the catch helper and if u had switched the gender too it could still be complicated to copy those changes to the blood line chart manually, so now while in the "catching 31's" state of your breed, the bloodline chart will read the catch helper and make actions depending on how many 31's are used. ( in short it copies the catch helper correctly)
unknown.png
unknown.png

Hard reset added:

Due to the bloodline chart now reading the catch helper, and it breaks when you interact with it, wich is okay. as those formulas are only usefull based on how many 31's you are using. and the ones u dont need will break. However this created a issue, IF interacted with the bloodline chart and then generating new IV's the bloodline chart will be partly broken and wont read the catch helper correctly. Thats why i added a reset button, so if u wanna make changes AFTER flipping switches in the bloodline chart you should do a hard reset.

Edited by Nibero

added a little pokedex to it ( this was more for personal use as i always end up looking for a poke's base stats if i cant tell from memory), it bassicly gives u all essential basic information u need during a battle.

Edited by Nibero
  • Nibero changed the title to PokeMMO Breed Helper(And breeding tutorial on the Help page)
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

added some tiny warnings to the battle pokedex to indicate dangerous factors.

On 11/8/2021 at 6:30 PM, LucasLyn5 said:

I'm a complete dumbass. I have no idea how to effectively use the spreadsheet (Breeding section), and I cannot for the lfie of me find the video where you explain it. Will you link it please? Thanks!

so sorry for this extremely late reply! i was away from the game for a while (my wintersleep as i call it), do you still need assistance? sorry for the wait!

Edited by Nibero
  • Nibero changed the title to PokeMMO Automated Breed Helper(And breeding tutorial on the Help page)

yet another "helper" that doesn't really help in practice. there are many things wrong in this, but I dont blame the attempt, it's just that if you want to breed more efficiently and conveniently, don't follow blindly what's recommended here, it's an honest tip. 

I can't see myself how to make a proper "helper" that would actually help people in an easy way how to breed for cheaper, but idk, at some point everyone knows more or less the basics and dont need that much spoon feed, especially when it's wrong in its basics (randomly opening the sheet, see that you encourage ppl to breed nature before 31s, or only focus on breeding with 31s, doing the pre-made branches when it's cheaper to adapt to each IV's prices during the breeding process...)

I dont want to make only a negative comment and you obviously put a lot of time in this but I felt that some feedback from what I think being experienced breeder was somehow needed for people running across this post and losing time and money trying to use this. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/29/2022 at 11:48 PM, Poufilou said:

especially when it's wrong in its basics (randomly opening the sheet, see that you encourage ppl to breed nature before 31s, or only focus on breeding with 31s, doing the pre-made branches when it's cheaper to adapt to each IV's prices during the breeding process...

1. the fact u can only breed 31 or 0 with this, is a shortcoming off myself, as i have no idea how to turn that into math, however its doable with 0 and 31, so its great for people starting out and getting a feel for it. (Also people can substitute any 31 for any other stat in their mind as its pretty much a boolean system atm , 31 being yes i want stat and 0 being a random stat that is not being worked on.
I am however open to suggestions on how to improve it, so maybe you know how i can change that? would love a solution ? 
Thinking off a concept where i can use any number 0-31, but currently i have no idea, anyone with a big brain feel free to hold my hand.

Also the day Pokemmo decided we can use any hidden power we want, it kind off became pointless to make Hidden Power IV spreads, so that worked out for my spreadsheet in a good way, as this was the main motivation to add the ability to have 0-31 and in between to begin with, and any 0 speed breeding can be done by filling in a 31 and collecting 0's.

2. Starting with the Nature is my personal preference and how i find it more effective to breed. i actually am the opposite and i find it absolutely dumb to start with the IV's and i bet its the reason so many bad natured 6x31's are on the market as you guys are just way to lazy to make sure the nature is correct, and i get that as its super annoying to add a nature later on. I realise its possible that you are simply refering to a breeding technique i showed in a video to save 50% off your money if thats the case, i understand that already. The order i learned to breed in is : egg move -> nature -> Add IV , and the video below is a optional thing u could do if you are low on money, wish to be efficient etc etc.

Im kinda assuming this is what you are getting at. But that is also in the tutorial section off the spreadsheet. If you are not referring to that, then to each their own, but im not teaching how to random nature 6x31. I prefer proper breeding over that rng lottery nonesense.

"I can't see myself how to make a proper "helper" that would actually help people in an easy way how to breed for cheaper, but idk, at some point everyone knows more or less the basics"

To reply to what you said there, making that proper helper with efficient costs etc is possible, but i do think we will require a API or something we can tab in for Pokemmo Market information, to see prices of listings in realtime so the spreadsheet could dynamicly adapt to it. However a API also allows for other people to make spreadsheets to manipulate markets and to get rich off it, so i dont think we will get one, that said i did not check for the last 6 months if it even exists yet, but i doubt it heavily. so there goes that dream, and just as you said, at one point people will get the basics and they will not need this anymore, this is not ment for you experts that already work in mysterious ways, you just got lazy and tried to use this to ease the task expecting your own "quality of efficiency" that you have for yourself ontop of it, but i think its just not possible, prove me wrong and il use that proof as reference to introduce it to my own sheet. i dont mind be  wrong, and i do love meself a gud upgrade, yarg! ?‍☠️

Edited by Nibero

1. Any guide especially dedicated to beginners should in my opinion encourage or at least include informations related to budget breeding. Even for competitive players, breeding with only 31s is unecessary most of the times and is a money sinkhole. The fact that you can overlap IVs that are fundamentally cheaper during the breeding process than 31 breeders just invalidates any attempt at making an automated tool that is actually helpful. Even with full 31 breeding, automation doesn't take into account the fact some 31s are more or less expensive and that you should prioritize overlapping the cheapest thing every time. Automation doesn't help making players understand that most of the time buying 2xIV or even 3xIV you want and skipping gender fees is the most efficient and cheapest process. If I had any recommendation for the ambition of doing a breed helper, it would be to drop the idea of an automated tool. So many things and little techniques rely on fluctuate stuff like GTL prices and possible snipes, different desired IVs combinations possible (and find the cheapest and adapt your breed to what the market offers) that you can't offer a successful "help" for new players with just maths. 

2. Adding nature to the desired mon I the last step is the most simple thing people learn when they begin breeding, simply because you can roll the nature during the process and save a lot of money, or a little, and even a little is a victory for most players. A breed, if you want to save money, should always end with your female pokemon you want with whatever brace, and another with nature and one IV missing. Always do the female first, then the natured. I even recommand buying the nature breeder AFTER doing the 4xIV male you will need and pray to roll nature on this. But time is money and in the end its all about how you enjoy doing your breeds, but at least be aware of what you are doing. 

I haven't had time to take a deeper look and sorry if you adress any of this in the video, but again, my recommendation would be to drop the automation idea, at least until you give players the right advices, then consider building the dream tool. 

• 1 year later...

Very useful to get a visual of things, however it only seems to be of use if you're starting from scratch. The biggest issue I have with this is if you catch something that's not exactly in line with anything on the sheet there doesn't seem to be a way to change the IV spreads to match the pokemon you have available.

E.G. While catching field breeders I manage to catch two 3x31 female meowth. A 31/0/31/0/31/0 and a 0/0/31/0/31/31.

If I wanted to breed a 6x31 meowth, then the second one is alright as there are 4 males in the breeding process that come up with those stats so I can just swap one out to be female and swap all the genders round behind it. The first one however doesn't exist in any form meaning I'd have to manually calculate a quarter of the full breeding tree to figure things out if I were to use it in the breeding process, which is probably what most people looking to use a resource like this are trying to avoid in the first place.