PokeMMO breeding technique so AWFUL!

GreenOlympus

Question

12 answers to this question

44 minutes ago, GreenOlympus said:

Please make the breeding technique the same as the original pokemon games, not all functions in pokemon have to be changed so please make the breeding technique the same as the real pokemon games! Im begging you!!!!

they use this breeding format as to not abuse pokemon IVs and give them value. (mind you this is an MMO, not an single-player)

Breeding is the way it is for the sake of having any sort of functional economy and not stripping the wild of all of its gameplay value once the dex is full. The original breeding system allows for outright cloning of competitives and rare species, meaning that they have very little value, and makes catching anything in the wild a complete waste of time when you can get better stats from breeding with very little effort.

Here it's a refinement system that consumes what you put into it, meaning that players are spread out across the game catching breeders in different areas instead of swarming the daycares. The system is designed in such a way that if you know what you're doing, you can also guarantee getting the result you want from your breeding project.  Because the end result can't duplicate itself and there was an actual cost associated with making it, competitives are worth a decent amount of in-game money. If you're trying to breed for a shiny, it also costs more than just your time to hatch the number of eggs it's likely to require, keeping the rares a bit more special.

Sinking money and other resources like breeders is extremely important in an MMO setting to keep inflation in check. While it's fine in the single player games, the original breeding system is extremely destructive to introduce to an MMO economy and won't ever be coming back.

15 hours ago, GreenOlympus said:

Please make the breeding technique the same as the original pokemon games, not all functions in pokemon have to be changed so please make the breeding technique the same as the real pokemon games! Im begging you!!!!

Hi, i can help you with this maybe. Im not sure if your simply having trouble with the system or just dislike it so forgive my inability to read that.

but here are a few videos i made for friends on breeding, and it comes with a breeding planner that is made for my personal method of doing so.

feel free to add  [ZEN]Nick#4746 on discord for questions, im always ready to help others if i can.

(video 1 has a little bit of incorrect info, i shall fix that shortly, but nature is not added to your base stats, its added after IV'EV and base has been calculated.)

File for my personal breeding spreadsheet. ( i use this for planning, stat tuning and to have a overview on what i need to get to breed. if you watched my video's you will understand how i do it)

To know:
Only fill in the profile section on the first sheet.
u can set your moves to see pp power etc.

you can toy with EV's to see the minimal needed points to reach a stat (using official pokemon stat formula)
you can change the level to see stats at any given level.

*Just make sure you dont edit any cells with formula's in them, if you do simply copy it again

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZQSffv8x4ctySrUOEUgYnPRM0OFi4tDoAvPteg1wFso/edit?usp=sharing

EDIT: changed it back from spreadsheet file to google spreadsheet as i found a way to make it available without having someone mess up my formula's for fun, and to make it private , and on top of that the excel versions gave way to many errors and broke the thing down =/.

Edited by Nibero

Well the breeding technique here cost lots of efforts and the original one is easier, so the more easier the better you know, you guys think i can waste all my time on this game that cannot make any money? And in pokeMMO this is not breeding, but it's barter!

Edited by GreenOlympus

If you hate the breeding mechanic of PokeMMO, it's not our problem. Besides, this is an MMO (which means Massively Multiplayer Online). I suggest you to do something else then like go play Emulator games or perhaps play with your nintendo switch

4 hours ago, GreenOlympus said:

you guys think i can waste all my time on this game that cannot make any money?

Dude, there are a lot of WAYS to get money in PokeMMO, you just need:

1) A Meowth with Pickup and Pay Day

2) A shuppet with Thief and Frisk

3) a Typhlosion with Specs and the move eruption for the gym reruns

There are some guides prepared for all of them. If you don't like grinding, then get out and play something else

Hey this is a suggestion box, that means we give suggestions to make everything easier for everyone, i wanna give suggestions that make easier for everyone and you guys complaint, so what is the function of a suggestion box?

Edited by GreenOlympus
1 hour ago, GreenOlympus said:

Hey this is a suggestion box, that means we give suggestions to make everything easier for everyone, i wanna give suggestions that make easier for everyone and you guys complaint, so what is the function of a suggestion box?

we aren't complaining, the only thing you're doing in the "suggestion box" is complaining about how the breeding system here is expensive and too much time consumption, you disregard whatever we say even if its factual.

1 hour ago, noomuch said:

we aren't complaining, the only thing you're doing in the "suggestion box" is complaining about how the breeding system here is expensive and too much time consumption, you disregard whatever we say even if its factual.

Exactly

2 hours ago, GreenOlympus said:

Well I'm saying "I beg" that is complaining? I think you guys don't know the meaning of suggestion is to make something easier. Hey tell me what is a suggestion?

Easier doesn't always mean better, and better doesn't always mean easier. Suggestions are generally requests for improvements to certain aspects of the game, some of which are to make a part of it more challenging or to strive for a better economy, and some suggestions are simply requests for new features. Asking for something to be made easier is fine too, but these types of suggestions often come with significant downsides for the challenge and/or economy of the game, which is why they're often rejected.

I think this thread has gone far enough though. For the reasons listed in my previous response, this suggestion won't be happening, sorry.