How to capture drilbur?

Hello everybody

I spent 8 hours of my day off trying to catch a regular drilbur, but I didn't make it.

Don't you think there are things that are exaggeratedly difficult? Is it really necessary to make the game so stressful?

Look for ways to capture it and find it on YouTube, but doing the same steps I didn't have that luck, why is it so difficult?

Hi there and welcome!

Drillburr is a phenomenon-exclusive pokemon, and specifically you can only find it in the dust clouds which appear inside caves.

In PokeMMO, phenos spawn two-at-a-time in any of the set locations for them, a list of which can be found here:

Phenos rotate every 10 mins, so you have to be quick to find them.

Your best bet is to work out an efficient route that lets you cover as many possible locations within a 10-minute window as you can, then loop that path until you find it. You can also set a chat alert using the volume/speaker icon in the top right of the chat box so that you get an audio ping when someone mentions "pheno" in the chat.

In terms of why it's designed this way, for the same reason that Johto starters are found in the safari zone; some people like the challenge. Hunting something rare is rewarding and the prize is valuable.

If you don't care about OT, you can always buy a drillburr from someone else using the GTL.

Hope this helps!