Garchomp 6 × 31

Hi SonOfAnubis,

When people ask "What is the best Pokemon/build/item for xyz?", I usually repond "What is the best tool?" The question is nonsensical, because the best tool depends on the task you're doing. A screwdriver is good for unscrewing a joint  but bad at hammering in a nail.

Pokemon don't exist in a vacuum, they're part of teams. The role a pokemon fills in a team determines what its nature, moves, held item, etc. should be.

If this is too complex for you, then the nuances of Naive vs Jolly are kinda irrelevant. Having said that, a good starting point is the Smogon article from gen 5 for that pokemon:

https://www.smogon.com/dex/bw/pokemon/garchomp/

Hope this helps!

3 hours ago, MoxPeanut said:

Hi SonOfAnubis,

When people ask "What is the best Pokemon/build/item for xyz?", I usually repond "What is the best tool?" The question is nonsensical, because the best tool depends on the task you're doing. A screwdriver is good for unscrewing a joint  but bad at hammering in a nail.

Pokemon don't exist in a vacuum, they're part of teams. The role a pokemon fills in a team determines what its nature, moves, held item, etc. should be.

If this is too complex for you, then the nuances of Naive vs Jolly are kinda irrelevant. Having said that, a good starting point is the Smogon article from gen 5 for that pokemon:

https://www.smogon.com/dex/bw/pokemon/garchomp/

Hope this helps!

Hey MoxPeanut,

Just curious if you have a info rabbit hole you would reccommend? I’m really trying to understand the synergy (i love i used this word for pokemon instead of stupid corporate crap lol) of the team in pvp and what not.  Any help would be great.

1 minute ago, YoMTVRaps said:

Hey MoxPeanut,

Just curious if you have a info rabbit hole you would reccommend? I’m really trying to understand the synergy (i love i used this word for pokemon instead of stupid corporate crap lol) of the team in pvp and what not.  Any help would be great.

Hi there,

I wish I could be more helpful, but unfortunately I'm pretty bad at Comp in general so I'm not sure where you ought to go for in-depth info like that. I know that Smogon has published a bunch of articles on the subject over the years and that they're pretty much _the_ source of info for Competitive Pokemon, so I'd definitely start with their pro articles and branch out from there.

Reading stuff from gen 5 will be most relevant to PokeMMO but really that meta was defined by Landorus which isn't in PokeMMO so it might not be that useful after all. This place has its own meta due to no legends, intentional dev rebalancing, etc. which I imagine is part of what comp players get out of it.

Hope this helps!