Separate font for the player's overworld character name and pokemon battle button text?

I'm working on a theme and I found out, to my displeasure, that the player's character overworld name (the one that appears above your sprite) has the same fontDef for the text on buttons in pokemon battles (PP text on moves, description of the buttons like "Select your attack move"). The problem with this, is that I'm trying to use a specific font for the player's overworld username which looks fine for that, but causes the text in the pokemon battle buttons to go outside the bounds of the button and or get cropped.

Is there a way to use a separate font or is this just a limitation I have to work with?

Hi there, 

Yeah I came across this too.

If you go to main-widgets.xml, there is a class called nameplategui and then a class called nameplate, you should see at the bottom of that class a font identified as alphabeta-border. (providing you haven't changed this already and you are using the default theme)

You can replace that font with any other fontDef listed in fonts.xml, and you can also add your own fonts to fonts.xml and then replace the alphabeta-border with the one you want. 

This means you can make the nameplate font unique, so it shouldn't match the font being used for the battle buttons.

To make that unique too I believe you can just navigate to battle.xml and then change the fonts listed there too, might take some trial and error as I've never done that personally.

Hope this helps though, 

Have a good day!