Hoenn and Kanto Mod Tile

Greetings, i m looking for a mod to change Kanto and Hoenn Graphics in game, i found some like Hiraeth and JappaWakka, but for some reason Hiraeth isnt work for me and JappaWakka got no Download Avaliable...

Someone knows any other Mod to change Kanto and Hoenn Graphics?

tile mods have been disabled since the 2018 update when unova released (i think maybe because thats also when seasons were added but not really sure). There is no way to run a working tile mod currently. The only way to change the way the world looks would be to make a rom patch file but Ive tried running some of the older rom patches files recently and they looked super weird and broken. I think @Darkshade would be who you want to talk to if you want to know more about rom patches/tile mods

I've been using an old Kanto tile mod which fortunately still works for me (see below)

image.thumb.png.486cbcf4352e3506dddaefbbd4d6cbd3.png

However unfortunately some of the tiles are outdated as you can see where the old man stands on the right, and the Hoenn tile mod I downloaded no longer works.

I'll try find out which mod this is and who kindly made it and will let you know.

Edited by Imperial
On 4/7/2021 at 7:33 PM, Imperial said:

I've been using an old Kanto tile mod which fortunately still works for me (see below)

image.thumb.png.486cbcf4352e3506dddaefbbd4d6cbd3.png

However unfortunately some of the tiles are outdated as you can see where the old man stands on the right, and the Hoenn tile mod I downloaded no longer works.

I'll try find out which mod this is and who kindly made it and will let you know.

can you link that hoenn tile mod? i been working editing tiles of hoenn but i dunno why still dont work properly maybe i can make work that one you got

1 minute ago, budadeth said:

can you link that hoenn tile mod? i been working editing tiles of hoenn but i dunno why still dont work properly maybe i can make work that one you got

Hey there!

Sadly only some of the Kanto tiles still work for me, all of the Hoenn tiles are now broken :(

The picture he linked is showing a patched rom - not a tile mod, that's why it only works in the region (rom) that the patch was applied to. Tile mods have been disabled since the 2017 update when unova was added:

Unfortunately, it doesn't like they ever properly noted that they disabled them in any official announcements, so the best evidence that I can find to support this is this post where I asked Darkshade:

Some rom patches do still work, but seasons seem to mess with the tiles which change colors or are semi transparent or something, and it looks kinda wacky. I have no idea how to fix this, but I occasionally swap in the version of fire red which I patched with this mod:

Here are some example pictures of me running this patch in November (2020) - notice how some areas look really nice and others look way off:

Spoiler

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown-10.png

Here's a comparison of some areas which are shown in the mod post with how they should be vs. how they currently look in game:

Spoiler

CinnabarIsland_zps0f8abab4.png
unknown.png

OneIsland_zps8f173687.png
unknown.png

CeruleanCity_zpse4544465.png
unknown.png
unknown.png

PalletTown_zps660ddf0d.png
unknown.png

LavenderTown_zps71b8dac4.png
unknown.png

VermilionCity_zpsf48dadea.png
unknown.png

newsaffroncity_zpsc16bff29.png
unknown.png

safarizone_zps70f0c3d3.png
unknown.png

There is some hope with Rom Patches ([IPS]) but I'm not sure how exactly they could fix the current issues - maybe if they just left certain tiles alone or something. Hope this helps!
On 4/14/2021 at 6:59 PM, awkways said:

The picture he linked is showing a patched rom - not a tile mod, that's why it only works in the region (rom) that the patch was applied to. Tile mods have been disabled since the 2017 update when unova was added:

Unfortunately, it doesn't like they ever properly noted that they disabled them in any official announcements, so the best evidence that I can find to support this is this post where I asked Darkshade:

Some rom patches do still work, but seasons seem to mess with the tiles which change colors or are semi transparent or something, and it looks kinda wacky. I have no idea how to fix this, but I occasionally swap in the version of fire red which I patched with this mod:

Here are some example pictures of me running this patch in November (2020) - notice how some areas look really nice and others look way off:

Hide contents

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown-10.png

Here's a comparison of some areas which are shown in the mod post with how they should be vs. how they currently look in game:

Reveal hidden contents

CinnabarIsland_zps0f8abab4.png
unknown.png

OneIsland_zps8f173687.png
unknown.png

CeruleanCity_zpse4544465.png
unknown.png
unknown.png

PalletTown_zps660ddf0d.png
unknown.png

LavenderTown_zps71b8dac4.png
unknown.png

VermilionCity_zpsf48dadea.png
unknown.png

newsaffroncity_zpsc16bff29.png
unknown.png

safarizone_zps70f0c3d3.png
unknown.png

There is some hope with Rom Patches ([IPS]) but I'm not sure how exactly they could fix the current issues - maybe if they just left certain tiles alone or something. Hope this helps!

can you try my ROM, took me a while to find it but i think it works better than those you show

you can see it in this video if you want (because i dont know if i can link ROMS here, please check my video, i would give you the direct link but i dont want have any trouble here)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5XIrgTE5i8&t=17s

if you have some tile patch for Hoenn, even if they dont work propperly it would help me a lot because i have some issues with tile pallets and i cant find the way to make a Hoenn tile patch with new graphics for PokeMMO

On 4/14/2021 at 7:06 PM, Eggplant said:

@Desu please bring back tile mods i will actually make like a dozen of them

also the ability to resize overworld npcs

also does your IDE support loop points in mp3 yet

i been working on a Hoenn tile patch, did you ever edited that ROM? i have some issues with palletes :/

• 2 years later...
On 4/16/2021 at 7:52 AM, budadeth said:

can you try my ROM, took me a while to find it but i think it works better than those you show

you can see it in this video if you want (because i dont know if i can link ROMS here, please check my video, i would give you the direct link but i dont want have any trouble here)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5XIrgTE5i8&t=17s

if you have some tile patch for Hoenn, even if they dont work propperly it would help me a lot because i have some issues with tile pallets and i cant find the way to make a Hoenn tile patch with new graphics for PokeMMO

i been working on a Hoenn tile patch, did you ever edited that ROM? i have some issues with palletes :/

Doesn't that ban you for "client tampering"? sorry to bother.

Edited by Elix95DASH
:p