Pokemon Raids

HandsyDan

Question

Here is a potentially complex idea that could significantly improve the experience specifically for end game players. Requiring players to complete the game prior to entering. Raid puzzles requiring multiple players to complete. 

Pokémon Raids:
Much like Pokémon Sword and Shield. Every hr/day/week at random locations a Pokémon raid den takes place. Where exp and money gained is increased, along with items found at the end of each completed raid. However you have to partner with 1 or more trainers to beat said "Max" Pokémon, or "Max Trainer". Pokémon in these dens have higher IV's with significantly lower catch rates. Raid specific shiny Pokémon are even lower catch rates and are less likely to encounter. Shiny Raid Den Pokémon are not tradeable, simply for flex value.

Trainers in these raid dens are significantly stronger/higher lvl (example lvl 150)/max iv Pokémon. After beating said "Max Trainer" participants are rewarded with items. Whether its TM's, Minerals such as calcium. The big drawn to "Max Trainers" would be very rarely dropped vanity items such as hats, wings, etc. These vanity items are not tradeable, simply for swag flex opportunities. 

This would create more incentives to farm at locations other than the standard npc rematch areas. Or newer areas designed by Pokémmo. 

The benefits are:
- more variety

- cool locations that would otherwise only be visited once in the story, or not at all, or completely new.

- alternative to the standard rematches that have been done hundreds of times.

- new(different color schemes) shiny opportunities for raid den only Pokémon.

- new raid only vanity items

- new raid den trainer badges for max trainers beat

- end game content with higher replay value

- significantly richer global trade economy

Square HA Luxray Raids! Rerolling Den 106 after a bit! : Shinyraids

Edited by HandsyDan
Grammar

9 answers to this question

Really great idea, I think it would also be cool to add Legendary raids. For like a duration of 12h every single month. You and your raid mates hve 1 chance if challenging it, if you lose the legend is gone for you. If you win you get *a chance*, not a guarantee, to catch a legendary Pokemon. The legends would still stay special imo.

On 4/5/2021 at 3:17 PM, FoXxeL1 said:

Really great idea, I think it would also be cool to add Legendary raids. For like a duration of 12h every single month. You and your raid mates hve 1 chance if challenging it, if you lose the legend is gone for you. If you win you get *a chance*, not a guarantee, to catch a legendary Pokemon. The legends would still stay special imo.

Only potential issue with your idea is this would conflict with current Legendary Mechanics. Maybe for small chance to acquire the Pokedex data of the legendary, and maybe a legendary swag.  

On 4/9/2021 at 2:36 AM, HandsyDan said:

Only potential issue with your idea is this would conflict with current Legendary Mechanics. Maybe for small chance to acquire the Pokedex data of the legendary, and maybe a legendary swag.  

The current legendary mechanics should need an overhaul imo anyway, it would be a nice way to implement low-tier legends. I really miss catching legendary pokemon. I can understand why mewtwo, rayquaza etc. are 1 player only and I would keep it that way, but it would be nice to keep entei, raikou, suicune, ho oh, lugia, celebi, virizion, terrakion etc. etc. because they aren't that viable in pvp anyway.

On 4/10/2021 at 11:40 AM, FoXxeL1 said:

The current legendary mechanics should need an overhaul imo anyway, it would be a nice way to implement low-tier legends. I really miss catching legendary pokemon. I can understand why mewtwo, rayquaza etc. are 1 player only and I would keep it that way, but it would be nice to keep entei, raikou, suicune, ho oh, lugia, celebi, virizion, terrakion etc. etc. because they aren't that viable in pvp anyway.

True, those legendary pokes are pretty useless in pvp. IDK maybe its just me, but I actually enjoy the only 1 per legendary. Since of accomplishment each time I've caught one. Then again I haven't made much of an attempt to complete my Pokedex yet. Just been breeding perfect IV pvp'ers. We need to hype this post up so they take notice to it.

Edited by HandsyDan
Spell check lol