"Requires the user to submit two Pokémon to the daycare man in their respective region"

Hey, I want to get an Eevee with wish, I know how to do it, but there's one thing I don't understand in PokeMMO.
They say "Breeding Pokemon requires the user to submit two Pokemon to the daycare man in their respective region".
By that, they meant the region they're from, or the region you caught them ?

Togetic is from Johto but delcatty/skitty are from Hoenn and Pikachu from Kanto.
How can I breed them ? I really don't understand, it's probably the region caught them, but it seems like a pretty weird mecanic and I don't have the patience to catch them if it's useless.

Edited by Raysor
10 minutes ago, Raysor said:

Hey, I want to get an Eevee with wish, I know how to do it, but there's one thing I don't understand in PokeMMO.
They say "Breeding Pokemon requires the user to submit two Pokemon to the daycare man in their respective region".
By that, they meant the region they're from, or the region you caught them ?

Togetic is from Johto but delcatty/skitty are from Hoenn and Pikachu from Kanto.
How can I breed them ? I really don't understand, it's probably the region caught them, but it seems like a pretty weird mecanic and I don't have the patience to catch them if it's useless.

That wording seems to be a little misleading. You just need to provide the two breeders together, one with the egg move, to any of the breeders in any region you've unlocked the breeder area and you'll be good to go.

Hi there and welcome!

In this context I think "in their respective region" just means "in the region/s the player has access to." There is 1 day care centre for breeding in each region: Four Island in Kanto, right of Mauville City in Hoenn, Solaceon Town in Sinnoh and Route 3 in Unova.

Breeding works slightly differently in PokeMMO; essentially both parents are consumed and the stats are averaged in the child. There are many guides explaining this on the guide subsection of these forums but I get the impression that you care more about the move than the IVs so I'll focus on that.

To pass on an egg move, you need to breed a female of the species you want (in this case Eevee) with a male that shares an egg group and which has the move. However, in your case it appears to be more complicated, as Wish specifically requires chain breeding. That is, for all males which can pass Wish to Eevee, they get the move as an egg move themselves.

The simplest method you can follow will be this:

1. Get a female Pikachu and a male Togepi

2. Evolve Togepi and teach Togetic wish

3. Breed Pikachu and Togepi, selecting male as the baby's sex (this is possible in PokeMMO as again, these pokemon are consumed when you do this)

4. The result will be a male Pichu with Wish. Hatch this Pichu, then evolve it into Pikachu (baby pokemon can't breed)

5. Breed the Wish Pikachu with a female Eevee.

6. The result is your target, and Eevee with Wish. I recommend that you select female as the sex here, so you can keep breeding for nature/IVs later if you decide you want that.

Note that the region of origin for the above pokemon doesn't matter, that's just the wording of what you were told being confusing. This can be done in any day care centre in any region.

Hope this helps!

23 hours ago, MoxPeanut said:

Hi there and welcome!

In this context I think "in their respective region" just means "in the region/s the player has access to." There is 1 day care centre for breeding in each region: Four Island in Kanto, right of Mauville City in Hoenn, Solaceon Town in Sinnoh and Route 3 in Unova.

Breeding works slightly differently in PokeMMO; essentially both parents are consumed and the stats are averaged in the child. There are many guides explaining this on the guide subsection of these forums but I get the impression that you care more about the move than the IVs so I'll focus on that.

To pass on an egg move, you need to breed a female of the species you want (in this case Eevee) with a male that shares an egg group and which has the move. However, in your case it appears to be more complicated, as Wish specifically requires chain breeding. That is, for all males which can pass Wish to Eevee, they get the move as an egg move themselves.

The simplest method you can follow will be this:

1. Get a female Pikachu and a male Togepi

2. Evolve Togepi and teach Togetic wish

3. Breed Pikachu and Togepi, selecting male as the baby's sex (this is possible in PokeMMO as again, these pokemon are consumed when you do this)

4. The result will be a male Pichu with Wish. Hatch this Pichu, then evolve it into Pikachu (baby pokemon can't breed)

5. Breed the Wish Pikachu with a female Eevee.

6. The result is your target, and Eevee with Wish. I recommend that you select female as the sex here, so you can keep breeding for nature/IVs later if you decide you want that.

Note that the region of origin for the above pokemon doesn't matter, that's just the wording of what you were told being confusing. This can be done in any day care centre in any region.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for you help !

But unfortunatly, it doesn't work, I've used a Delcatty and a Togetic. They both are in the "fairy" egg group, so it should work, but even after 3 days in the daycare, nothing happened, is it normal ?
By the way, I bought the pokemons, could that be the problem ?
I'll try with a Pikachu, to see if it works.

Edit : It still doesn't work
Edit 2 : I finally found the problem ! There are two persons in the day care, one is for leveling and the other for breeding, I was talking to the leveling one ahah

Edited by Raysor
  • Seth locked this topic
10 hours ago, Raysor said:

Thanks for you help !

But unfortunatly, it doesn't work, I've used a Delcatty and a Togetic. They both are in the "fairy" egg group, so it should work, but even after 3 days in the daycare, nothing happened, is it normal ?
By the way, I bought the pokemons, could that be the problem ?
I'll try with a Pikachu, to see if it works.

Edit : It still doesn't work
Edit 2 : I finally found the problem ! There are two persons in the day care, one is for leveling and the other for breeding, I was talking to the leveling one ahah

Hello. I am glad you managed to figure it out. Have fun breeding! 

For future references, this guide is very useful for breeding: