Event prize Pokemon have the winner's OT rather than the person giving the prize

Bryce

Question

Something I thought of at work today.

People (myself included) tend to discredit non-OT shinies, and to a lesser extent, non-OT comp Pokes. I'm wondering if it's possible and if others feel it would be a slight improvement to have the person who won the event that rewards the Pokemon to have their OT rather than the person who is awarding the prize.

4 answers to this question

nah, that would discredit the work of shiny hunters, besides that the OT is nice to show off the shiny as a trophy.

while random non comp shinies dont impress me myself these days, the argument that only shiny ots count argument is BS and is usually mostly brought up by people with 10k pokeyen in their pockets

Edited by Quakkz
11 hours ago, Bryce said:

Something I thought of at work today.

People (myself included) tend to discredit non-OT shinies, and to a lesser extent, non-OT comp Pokes. I'm wondering if it's possible and if others feel it would be a slight improvement to have the person who won the event that rewards the Pokemon to have their OT rather than the person who is awarding the prize.

This would cause the problem of "oh thats gift one doesnt count". Otherwise idk I would rather have a Squirtle OT gift shiny than another Financier one but untradeable.