Pokemon Journeys Review (spoilers included)

RealMak

Hello everyone, It's RealMak and this is my review to the recent season of the pokemon anime, Journeys.

First of all,  let's start with the design of the main character, Ash Ketchum, who appears younger than he used to be in the previous seasons. Personally, I don't mind him, but seeing him in shorts is questionable, how he isn't freezing?

Secondly, Lets talk about the new characters introduced in the series, the deuteragonist Goh, and the minor character Chloe. Many fans start hating on Goh because of his goal, to catch and complete the pokedex including the mythical mew ( by the time Im writing this, he already caught some impressive species, such as Suicune, Flygon, Golurk and Aerodactyl and Eternatus). Chloe on the other hand is the female travelling companion of Ash and Goh (a childhood friend of Goh) but she appears to have less screen time than everyone else. 

The classic Trio of Jessie, James and Meowth (and Wobuffet) are returning once again, being promoted by Giovanni and recieving a Venting Machine in most of the episodes , using different pokemon. The "Blasting of" gag has returned and it's great to see it again. However, I do like the new gag of Morpeko devouring their food in their base and Im glad that it became part of Team Rocket.

Returning back to Ash, He has caught few really powerful yet impressive species, such as the pseudo legendary Dragonite, A Lucario, a Gengar, a Dracovish and Sirfetch'd (better known as Sir Kamon), marking the first team that doesn't include any starter and the first that includes a Ghost-type, a Fossil and a Regional Variant, which is pretty unique if you think about it. My reaction when Ash first obtained these pokemon are the following:

•Dragonite: Totally unexpected,I actually thought that Goh would catch one, It was so awesome when it faced Korrina's Mienshao and Lucario

•Gengar: His first Ghost-type, while it didn't do well against Korrina, It did defeat a Raichu with Psychic and I hope to see more of it

•Lucario: Obviously, a pokemon that all the fans wanted him to get. Once he caught it, the dream came true. However it started to get frustrating when Ash was using it as a Riolu in most of the battles, overshadowing his other pokemon. Still tho, Im glad he finally owns one

•Sirfetch'd: Another Unexpected capture. I was sure that Ash would go for the starter Sobble but he didn't. However, Sirfetch'd as a Galarian Farfetch'd felt disapointing, when it failed on defeating Bea's Hawlucha. I loved the entire training arc where it battled a trainer's Gurdurr, Wikstrom and Ash's new Rival (Rinto) who owns a Gallade (the last one was the reason why it evolved into Sirfetch'd)

•Dracovish: Not much to say about it, but I love its goofy personality. Hasn't appear since its episode debut. I hope for more screentime

Finally, I want to talk about the issues of the series which is of course, the shared screentime, as the writers are focusing on Goh rather than Ash, having more screentime

Edited by RealMak