Unique legendary

majinadam

Question

Hello
I wanted to talk about the idea of legendaries in dungeons.
I think making legendary minis accessible to everyone will destroy PokeMMO for the simple goodness that they are supposed to be unique.
I think the current legendary system is perfect, why not improve this system and add all the legendaries in their respective locations?
This will allow a legendary hunt even if they are not kept or for a certain period of time.
I do not want and I think that no one wants to see 1000 players with artikuno regis ....

4 answers to this question

I agree with you @majinadam. If it is true that obtaining a Legendary can be somewhat difficult, but for that same reason it is much more interesting. It gives a unique mechanism to PokeMMO, I think that they finish adding all the remaining Legendaries is enough.

If it is true that more possibilities will be opened for PvP with the implementation of the Dungeons and the obtaining of the Legendaries for each player, but I still think that the way in which they have kept the Legendaries is perfect, it gives that unique touch to the play.

Yes, but the problem with time, one day or another full of players will have it if it is not unique ...
Which will be a big problem in the long term
Me I find that the current system is almost perfect because they are limiting and do not penalize non pvp players, but they could add a system where you can keep it longer.
Obviously this includes all the legendaries

Hi majinadam,

Honestly I agree, I don't like legendary pokemon conceptually because I think they're mechanically usually just better than normal pokemon (ie lazy design) and visually they're often a mess, they look like Digimon (crazy spikes and stripes and ribbons everywhere, cf. Reshiram).

However, I understand that some legendaries such as Landorus play important roles in the competitive metagame. I don't think there is a problem with legendaries permanently being available via dungeons if:

1. The legendaries are not mythical, just legendary (eg Zapdos, Landorus, Registeel), or;
  2. The legendaries are mythical but not competitively viable (eg Mew, Celebi), AND;
  3. The legendaries are extremely difficult to obtain

The third point above is important to me. I expect dungeons to be equivalently difficult to raids in WoW (although not with as many players probably), so I expect people will need to breed/train Dungeoneering teams, form Dungeoneering teams, etc. And then after hours of play, one player will get the legendary (if you're successful in the challenge).

Ashbringer in classic WoW for example, was a popular weapon to obtain, but it was not easy to get. Just because people could line up in SW with their Ashbringers didn't mean that it was easy to find, and I think it will be the same for Vermillion and Articuno or whatever. I think if legendaries are equivalently difficult to obtain, it won't water down the specialness of them too much. It would also give end-game players like me a lot more content, since I would want to fill out my Living Dex with OT legendaries, which will be hard!

Finally, I don't think that there is any appetite to change Mewtwo/Rayquaza/Keldeo/Arceus from their current incarnations and mechanics. You won't see throngs of new players lining up to compare IVs on their Mewtwos they got from story.