April-Movement Discussion Thread

14 minutes ago, ItIsJ said:

The very SECOND I got my rain team NU-competitive ready, Electrode moved up to UU. And the team's unusable. I'm very pressed, but eh, what are you gonna do.

Whimsicott and Accelgor are still good options.

1 hour ago, Umbramol said:

I dont know where to ask this so i will ask it here. PorygonZ is subject to test as shown when you choose it in your party for ranked games. Info about this testing is gothered by any uu game played? And if thats the case how would someone decide that said game is an accurate representation to judge porygonZ's influence in the tier? Or are we just checking its winrate and what pokemon's usage changes alongside? Or are we gonna gother information by what players think about it? I think we need explanation on this testing so we know how we can contribute to it or facilitate the proccess in any way we can @Munya

Its a combination of everything, winrate or usage can certainly be an indicator, but community feedback can also be an indicator, so if you have matches that you think would accurately represent it being unhealthy or w/e, and would like to present your case with such, feel free to point them out.

Can somebody explain to me why Venusaur is in NU? I know it doesn't get Chlorophyl or its Mega here, but Venusaur's stats and movepool versatility make me question how it's placed so low. I've even been using one in OU and I'm having success with it! It takes care of the Rotoms (and formerly Swampert), Milotic, Magnezone + Gengar (with certain builds), and most of the Water/Ground/Rock/Grass types in the tier. It's even got a nifty Fighting resistance! Now am I suggesting Venusaur is OU? No, not even close. I just personally think Venusaur should be UU, or at least banned from NU at a minimum. Something that gets Giga Drain, Power Whip, Energy Ball, Sludge Bomb, Earth Power, Earthquake, Leech Seed, Sleep Powder, Synthesis, Growth, and Swords Dance as well as having the stats to run any of these moves well just simply shouldn't be sitting at NU in my opinion.

Thoughts?

18 hours ago, EverGreenTaiga said:

Can somebody explain to me why Venusaur is in NU? I know it doesn't get Chlorophyl or its Mega here, but Venusaur's stats and movepool versatility make me question how it's placed so low. I've even been using one in OU and I'm having success with it! It takes care of the Rotoms (and formerly Swampert), Milotic, Magnezone + Gengar (with certain builds), and most of the Water/Ground/Rock/Grass types in the tier. It's even got a nifty Fighting resistance! Now am I suggesting Venusaur is OU? No, not even close. I just personally think Venusaur should be UU, or at least banned from NU at a minimum. Something that gets Giga Drain, Power Whip, Energy Ball, Sludge Bomb, Earth Power, Earthquake, Leech Seed, Sleep Powder, Synthesis, Growth, and Swords Dance as well as having the stats to run any of these moves well just simply shouldn't be sitting at NU in my opinion.

Thoughts?

Have you played or watched NU matches? Venusaur is a very strong Pokemon in the tier but it isn't overwhelming in any capacity. There are plenty of strong mons in NU that work well in OU. Hell I've had plenty of OU teams that use 2-3 UU/NU mons. Tiers are first of all based on usage, so Venu is not used enough to be OU and it's not used enough in UU to rise to UU either. Most likely because Venu has tough competition with Roserade that does a lot of things that Venu does and more. And in OU the grass slot faces competition from Breloom and Rotom-Mow.  

Just because a Pokemon works well in a higher tier doesn't mean it's broken in lower tiers. Otherwise we could ban Clefable, Spiritomb and Mantine from NU too because they all have good niches in higher tiers. Some mons even work better in higher tiers than the tier they are actually in.

19 hours ago, EverGreenTaiga said:

Thoughts?

I agree, ban Venusaur

On 4/8/2021 at 8:36 AM, ThinkNicer said:

Have you played or watched NU matches? Venusaur is a very strong Pokemon in the tier but it isn't overwhelming in any capacity. There are plenty of strong mons in NU that work well in OU. Hell I've had plenty of OU teams that use 2-3 UU/NU mons. Tiers are first of all based on usage, so Venu is not used enough to be OU and it's not used enough in UU to rise to UU either. Most likely because Venu has tough competition with Roserade that does a lot of things that Venu does and more. And in OU the grass slot faces competition from Breloom and Rotom-Mow.  

Just because a Pokemon works well in a higher tier doesn't mean it's broken in lower tiers. Otherwise we could ban Clefable, Spiritomb and Mantine from NU too because they all have good niches in higher tiers. Some mons even work better in higher tiers than the tier they are actually in.

Well I've done some thinking and as soon as I get that Scizor from the OU rewards, I'm storming UU with Venusaur XD

Might as well even start a hashtag: #VenUUsaur

Thanks for this insight btw. Venusaur has so much potential and it pains me to see how underutilized it is.

• Munya unfeatured this topic
  • Munya unpinned this topic
  • Munya pinned this topic

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.