Choose Your Starters Tournament

Choose Your Starters Tournament

HdmAR7wrr_XAN_KCjmozjQVvwxHv_Qo_OU6_tgD7j04e4IkPdYy8DjRU7roBAbh1Ka9jdYj0AjVtKInB4dXCt6jDaNXcceRxYIpkAsO3GBKWSOPFygyW27qg3TNR2xLNXBicdqvx

Every time you start a new adventure in a Pokemon game you have to make a really hard choice, that is picking your starter Pokemon. Naturally, many people find starters to be among their favourite Pokemon of all time *cough, cough, edgy fire dragon* and you probably have 4 of them lying on your PC, getting dust since they defeated the E4 of their region. Well now is your chance to make them shine again!

The “Choose Your Starters Tournament” is a Single Elimination PvP tournament limited to evolved first partner Pokemon. The dilemma of Water vs. Grass vs. Fire will burn brighter than ever before, make your dream team out of 3 starter Pokemon and show us what you’ve got!

Details

Single Elimination Tournament | Single Battle | 3v3 Starters

Date & Time

Thursday 15th April, 10PM UTC - Time Converter

Pallet Town, Kanto, Channel 5

Clauses

Evasion / Sleep / OHKO / Unique Species / Self-KO

Restrictions

You can only bring fully evolved starters. These are: Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Meganium, Typhlosion, Feraligatr, Sceptile, Blaziken, Swampert, Torterra, Infernape, Empoleon, Serperior, Emboar, Samurott, Pikachu and Eevee (unevolved, as these are their final forms when first partner Pokemon). That is 17 Pokemon in total, and you can only pick 3!

How to enter

• The event is only available for players who are on the ENIX Discord server.

• We are applying standard Clauses and a Restriction on which Pokemon can battle in this 3v3 Tournament.

• Registrations will be opened 24 hours before the event. Please contact me at Complutum#6083 to sign up.

• I believe everyone has their PokeMMO starters at level 50 and those should be ready to use in the Tournament. However, if you think you’re in need of an extra starter, reach out to me and I’ll provide you one so you can play.

Rewards

415b0738a4a61f6ab6a9b6eed1ba3ff5.png 1st Place Prize

Naive Infernape 6x31 IVs

9efde86b8ecb1270d3da7f78dc656657.png 2nd Place Prize

d06d221b538688a420279d9d2181710f.png 3rd Place Prize

Hosts

@Complutum @LunaDarkrose

Edited by Complutum
  • 3 weeks later...

Tournament ended in less than 45 minutes with some fierce battles close to the last turn! It was a hard task to manage/whisper contestants while updating the Challonge status of the bracket, and spectating such great battles. I'm grateful for everyone that showed up and very sorry for those who couldn't join in the last moment due to my sloppy timing.

I expected battles to be short and fast, as many starters counter each other of the opposing type. And you certainly delivered, you guys were brutally fun to watch and built great teams of 3! I wish we could have saved some replays, since it was a single elimination Tournament and I couldn't spectate any matches fully. Every match was unique and the pace was so fast that a single turn gave many the victory they seeked  You can see how every participant progressed in the bracket here:
https://challonge.com/StartersFight

Congratulations to:

#1 Place:
Drakkmord
#2 Place: SebbyKunnn
#3 Place: Kupokun
#4 Place: SharpBlue

I expected Tournament management to be stressful and it certainly was, there were many things that needed to be checked at any given time and it got pretty intense. But it was all worth it because of you, thanks everyone for showing up and being as excited as I was about this, for spectating, cheering and battling. I hope you all had fun, I know I did!

• Neuzzz locked this topic