Pokemmo fashion, marketing, PvP advice

coeu

Question

Hello, Pokemmo Administrator

I am a love pokemmo players, game atmosphere is very bad recently, a copy of the pop is weakened, most of the players earn very limited game currency, most profitable way to invest time and income is out, cause a lot of love pokemmo players have come out of the game, I think the official original intention should not be so, while market prices rise, the official by limiting gold output to control the market, but now the result is that most players don't have the money to earn, fashion price growing, causing the two extremes, rich players more and more rich,Do not have the money and the new players a 5 * 31 individual value treasure can dream is very difficult, a lot of people agreed to peg down the price of fashion, some people would say to limited-time fashion to sell, but I think this is another kind of extreme way, personally, I would like to put forward some pertinent advice, both neither can lose their selling fashion will not damage the interests of the interests of the ordinary players, can even promote the development of the PVP play are as follows:

1. Put all the time-limited fashions into the PVP mystery box, and the probability of pulling out rare fashions can be set according to the rarity of the box;

2.PVP Mystery Box can only be purchased through BP

3. PvP mystery box is not tradable (to prevent some people malicious increase the market price of PvP box)

4. Lower the threshold of PvP Mystery Boxes, get different number of PvP Mystery Boxes according to different PvP wins, such as: 50 victory points a box, 500 victory points 10 boxes, 5000 victory points 100 boxes, etc

5. Increase the number of game replicas, enrich the ways for players to make money, increase the income of new players, guarantee the income of middle players, and limit the income of advanced players

To sum up, increasing the availability of time-limited fashion can effectively limit the rising price of time-limited fashion and promote the development of PvP environment.Personally, I think the old players is the need to protect the game object, but it does not require excessive protection, (most of the old players participated because activities have a lot of time fashion items, etc., through the high limit props limited-time fashion goods don't need too much efforts can get a lot of games gold) new players is also the key protection object of the game, (some new players to spend a lot of time to make the game COINS but only tiny amounts of income, before this new players can only get games gold, by beat Jackson NPC has been greatly limits) to the long-term development of the game without rules of fairness,We want the managers to listen to the players, we want the game to get better and better, and we want the managers to intervene in the market with caution

21 answers to this question

34 minutes ago, coeu said:

I am a love pokemmo players, game atmosphere is very bad recently, a copy of the pop is weakened, most of the players earn very limited game currency, most profitable way to invest time and income is out, cause a lot of love pokemmo players have come out of the game, I think the official original intention should not be so, while market prices rise, the official by limiting gold output to control the market, but now the result is that most players don't have the money to earn, fashion price growing, causing the two extremes, rich players more and more rich,Do not have the money and the new players a 5 * 31 individual value treasure can dream is very difficult, a lot of people agreed to peg down the price of fashion, some people would say to limited-time fashion to sell, but I think this is another kind of extreme way, personally, I would like to put forward some pertinent advice, both neither can lose their selling fashion will not damage the interests of the interests of the ordinary players, can even promote the development of the PVP play are as follows:

1. Put all the time-limited fashions into the PVP mystery box, and the probability of pulling out rare fashions can be set according to the rarity of the box;

3. PvP mystery box is not tradable (to prevent some people malicious increase the market price of PvP box)

4. Lower the threshold of PvP Mystery Boxes, get different number of PvP Mystery Boxes according to different PvP wins, such as: 50 victory points a box, 500 victory points 10 boxes, 5000 victory points 100 boxes, etc

5. Increase the number of game replicas, enrich the ways for players to make money, increase the income of new players, guarantee the income of middle players, and limit the income of advanced players

To sum up, increasing the availability of time-limited fashion can effectively limit the rising price of time-limited fashion and promote the development of PvP environment.Personally, I think the old players is the need to protect the game object, but it does not require excessive protection, (most of the old players participated because activities have a lot of time fashion items, etc., through the high limit props limited-time fashion goods don't need too much efforts can get a lot of games gold) new players is also the key protection object of the game, (some new players to spend a lot of time to make the game COINS but only tiny amounts of income, before this new players can only get games gold, by beat Jackson NPC has been greatly limits) to the long-term development of the game without rules of fairness,We want the managers to listen to the players, we want the game to get better and better, and we want the managers to intervene in the market with caution

they already have time-limited "fashion" from pvp. it changes per season man

5 hours ago, coeu said:

this kind of suggestion i can see wont make anything to solve problem at all, no matter what you do how you do to make development better and better there's always people out there gonna complain cause you making time limited fashion complete unfair for many stupid reason.

putting all the time-limited into pvp mystery box  wdym by that? are you planning to add like blue flame skull mask, scythe, kyu hat, desu labcoat, jack of lanturn, knight helmet, etc to rng box? unless you talking about those pvp outfit like sylveon hat or froggy hat or etc, pvp fashion should be in pvp mystery box but rest of time limited events from 2015-2018 cosmetics should never add to this stupid box, cause not all people do pvp but again this might sound good but at same time i dont think people would be happy about this idea.

the 5th idea - making increase income that sound interesting idea but does that gonna solve between cons and pro? imo it could be worse or good depending how this gonna work out otherwise not many new player, old player would continue to play this game if this situation just bit out of hands but *shrug*  

23 hours ago, noomuch said:

they already have time-limited "fashion" from pvp. it changes per season man

I'm talking about fashion items like Blue Flame Skull Mask, Scythe, Kyu Hat, Desu Labcoat, Jack of Lanturn, Knight Helmet

18 hours ago, FelinkaAnnie said:

this kind of suggestion i can see wont make anything to solve problem at all, no matter what you do how you do to make development better and better there's always people out there gonna complain cause you making time limited fashion complete unfair for many stupid reason.

putting all the time-limited into pvp mystery box  wdym by that? are you planning to add like blue flame skull mask, scythe, kyu hat, desu labcoat, jack of lanturn, knight helmet, etc to rng box? unless you talking about those pvp outfit like sylveon hat or froggy hat or etc, pvp fashion should be in pvp mystery box but rest of time limited events from 2015-2018 cosmetics should never add to this stupid box, cause not all people do pvp but again this might sound good but at same time i dont think people would be happy about this idea.

the 5th idea - making increase income that sound interesting idea but does that gonna solve between cons and pro? imo it could be worse or good depending how this gonna work out otherwise not many new player, old player would continue to play this game if this situation just bit out of hands but *shrug*  

Why can't pre-2018 fashions be added to the PvP box?, no method does not mean no, do you think you is at the counter for no reason, may be is the kind you collected a lot of time fashion players, really funny, because you only play can have profit with limited-time fashion, that pay a lot of time for the game of new players and you compared these old players have what disadvantage, they more than you love the game, you is just for business transactions, you are not really love the game, when it comes to you for your interest will say so

On 3/26/2021 at 2:38 PM, coeu said:

This is definitely not a good idea - limited items mean that they'll never return. There was a time where Kyu Hats returned in mystery boxes temporarily, but now they're limited / unobtainable and that's how it should be.

The purpose of PvP mystery boxes is primarily so they can be earnt via laddering - this gives newer PvP players a higher incentive to practice their desired tier and teams, so this is not a good idea.

Most of the ladder prizes are untradeable already (debatable) - pretend the average you earn per PvP match is 30 points in ladder, you would need around 90 - 100 wins to get this, the amount of grind is huge and less efficient compared to doing a gym run which takes only an hour.

Although this sounds good in theory, the ladder is already grindy enough and a lot of people don't have that level of time to commit to this.

There are already good ways to make money compared to the early years of MMO (2013-16) such as gym / E4 / NPC rematches and berry farming, potentially earning around 400k+ a day minimum depending on how many methods you do.

As mentioned in point one, limited items mean that they'll never return. It's unfortunate that the prices are extremely expensive (is it justified?) but it's the community who decides the price, and this will always increase as more players become inactive and therefore less items available.

The most recent event (lunar new year) was a great way for newer players to make huge profit with the latest limited item - Golden Dragon Mask. Almost every player who bought one made some kind of good profit, so there's always a chance to make money if you make the right investment (slow and steady wins the race).

I would recommend grinding money like everyone else does using the methods listed above or whichever you prefer, and if you're planning on staying in the long-term, grinding out events (although there's not one until October lol) and entering PvE/PvP tournaments where possible.

i wish people would once put a little effort to think about the consequences of their suggestions. If they re-release limiteds they gonna drop in price to a level of probably the current pvp cosmetics in pvp mystery boxes. So no, this wouldnt help you getting out of your poverty at all. Besides limiteds would sell way worse in the time when they are available in gift shop cause they would be way less appealing, so devs would cut in their own knees by re-releasing them. all in all a horrible idea

3 hours ago, Quakkz said:

i wish people would once put a little effort to think about the consequences of their suggestions. If they re-release limiteds they gonna drop in price to a level of probably the current pvp cosmetics in pvp mystery boxes. So no, this wouldnt help you getting out of your poverty at all. Besides limiteds would sell way worse in the time when they are available in gift shop cause they would be way less appealing, so devs would cut in their own knees by re-releasing them. all in all a horrible idea

I hope you will also think about the meaning behind some of the suggestions. Just because a suggestion is written here does not mean it is set in stone. The lower the probability that a rare fashion item will come out of the PvP mystery box, the higher its value will be

15 hours ago, Imperial said:

The purpose of PvP mystery boxes is primarily so they can be earnt via laddering - this gives newer PvP players a higher incentive to practice their desired tier and teams, so this is not a good idea.

The limited-time purchase is designed to limit the price of the PvP mystery box and prevent it from becoming the next expensive limited-time item. That's not a good reason

Most of the ladder prizes are untradeable already (debatable) - pretend the average you earn per PvP match is 30 points in ladder, you would need around 90 - 100 wins to get this, the amount of grind is huge and less efficient compared to doing a gym run which takes only an hour.

As the value in the PvP Mystery Box increases, it is worth the player's time

There are already good ways to make money compared to the early years of MMO (2013-16) such as gym / E4 / NPC rematches and berry farming, potentially earning around 400k+ a day minimum depending on how many methods you do.

These ways of making money are not nearly enough to cover the current fashion prices, and when you think about it from the perspective of a very wealthy gamer, the injustice has already started

As mentioned in point one, limited items mean that they'll never return. It's unfortunate that the prices are extremely expensive (is it justified?) but it's the community who decides the price, and this will always increase as more players become inactive and therefore less items available.

The most recent event (lunar new year) was a great way for newer players to make huge profit with the latest limited item - Golden Dragon Mask. Almost every player who bought one made some kind of good profit, so there's always a chance to make money if you make the right investment (slow and steady wins the race).

I would recommend grinding money like everyone else does using the methods listed above or whichever you prefer, and if you're planning on staying in the long-term, grinding out events (although there's not one until October lol) and entering PvE/PvP tournaments where possible.

The current way to make money is not enough to support new players to invest in, the way to make money now per hour can earn profit is very low, the new players want to buy limited-time fashion need to be very long, does not need to work on the old players is be with limited-time fashion profit, do you think the investment is only relying on the rules of the game simple value-added, this effort with new players worth mentioning, you just play early, you have nothing to be proud of, nothing worth to retain

56 minutes ago, coeu said:

The limited-time purchase is designed to limit the price of the PvP mystery box and prevent it from becoming the next expensive limited-time item. That's not a good reason

As the value in the PvP Mystery Box increases, it is worth the player's time

These ways of making money are not nearly enough to cover the current fashion prices, and when you think about it from the perspective of a very wealthy gamer, the injustice has already started

The current way to make money is not enough to support new players to invest in, the way to make money now per hour can earn profit is very low, the new players want to buy limited-time fashion need to be very long, does not need to work on the old players is be with limited-time fashion profit, do you think the investment is only relying on the rules of the game simple value-added, this effort with new players worth mentioning, you just play early, you have nothing to be proud of, nothing worth to retain

The reason why the limited items are so expensive are because they're so rare, that's what makes it valuable and desired. If you bring them back to the market, the demand significantly drops and so will the price - meaning these items are no longer nostalgic.

Regarding new players, the current money methods enable them to invest in around 1 2x31 3x25-27 budget comp per day, or 2-3 days to get a 5x31 comp. Yes this takes time, but the methods are efficient enough for players to eventually build a PvP team. The ladder also helps newer players with this by obtaining an untradable comp.

If it was that easy for people to earn money, then it wouldn't be called an MMO - as these are supposed to be grindy as annoying as it can be.

From what I understand you're just butthurt because you weren't able to join MMO back when the vanities were a more affordable price (P.S. You can blame a small section of the community for the significant rise).

Your reasons aren't strong enough to justify something which could destroy a large proportion of the market.

Edited by Imperial
On 3/28/2021 at 7:37 PM, Imperial said:

he reason why the limited items are so expensive are because they're so rare, that's what makes it valuable and desired. If you bring them back to the market, the demand significantly drops and so will the price - meaning these items are no longer nostalgic.

Regarding new players, the current money methods enable them to invest in around 1 2x31 3x25-27 budget comp per day, or 2-3 days to get a 5x31 comp. Yes this takes time, but the methods are efficient enough for players to eventually build a PvP team. The ladder also helps newer players with this by obtaining an untradable comp.

If it was that easy for people to earn money, then it wouldn't be called an MMO - as these are supposed to be grindy as annoying as it can be.

From what I understand you're just butthurt because you weren't able to join MMO back when the vanities were a more affordable price (P.S. You can blame a small section of the community for the significant rise).

Your reasons aren't strong enough to justify something which could destroy a large proportion of the market.

Edited March 28 by Imperial

No, you don't understand my central argument, these goods is indeed rare, but when he too rare will affect the market economy, some players will be malicious use of this rare rules to hype the prices of these items, these items are now far more than the value of itself, and be easily used to profit, this is very adverse to the market economy,One as the official not to allow this to happen, the official should take certain measures to manage the economy, will be helpful for the long-term development of the game, but very pity I didn't see about it in the official measure of regulation and release, I for official) of the ever-expanding instead of allowing this to hype behavior to weaken the profit mode of ordinary players, such as a copy of the pop,This is a very irresponsible and selfish thing to do.I'm not happy with your statement that new players get 5*31 Pokemon over a few days. What's wrong with new players?Don't new players have human rights?Why is it that veteran players can buy a lot of Pokemon in one day while newcomers struggle for days to get one?I think it's important to treat old and new players fairly, to reduce the revenue of old players, and to make them at the same level.Haven't Pokemon officials realized that his mistake has led to a massive loss of players?That's a joke.

Sigh... as someone who has made their way up financially from nothing on several games (being massively scammed on one of them years back kek) - let me make some things clear to you: 

38 minutes ago, coeu said:

No, you don't understand my central argument, these goods is indeed rare, but when he too rare will affect the market economy, some players will be malicious use of this rare rules to hype the prices of these items, these items are now far more than the value of itself, and be easily used to profit, this is very adverse to the market economy,

The rarest items should be the hardest to get, potentially the 'end goal' for many players farming their money. It doesn't affect the economy as there are still other ways to make money, whether that's through shiny trading, buying RP, berry farming or breeding. 

Regarding 'malicious use', unfortunately when there's only a few available in the game which has thousands of active players daily, they will obviously be reluctant to sell. Because of this, players a) Don't want to accidently undercut their vanity b) Are reluctant to sell in the first place so will put an extremely high price to ward off potential buyers c) As MMO continuously gets newer players and older players quit, there will only be less and less of these items available.

One as the official not to allow this to happen, the official should take certain measures to manage the economy, will be helpful for the long-term development of the game, but very pity I didn't see about it in the official measure of regulation and release, I for official) of the ever-expanding instead of allowing this to hype behavior to weaken the profit mode of ordinary players, such as a copy of the pop,

I still don't understand how re-releasing 10 of the most expensive vanity items will be helpful for the long-term development of the game? Once a rare item returns it loses its nostalgia, and therefore its demand and price will significantly drop.

This is a very irresponsible and selfish thing to do.I'm not happy with your statement that new players get 5*31 Pokemon over a few days. What's wrong with new players?Don't new players have human rights?Why is it that veteran players can buy a lot of Pokemon in one day while newcomers struggle for days to get one?I

Why are you not happy? Yes it takes a few days and good commitment to complete all the regions, but once you do so you can earn 250-300k per day via gym runs on each account. You can also grind Battle Points (BP) if you're interested in PvP, or you can do berry farming. It's possible to earn 700k-1m a day if you're willing to put the effort in (what's the saying - hard work pays off?)

Regardless, it's an MMO so it's supposed to be grindy - you're assuming that the older players haven't had to work their way up to have the resources they do currently. Yes you can argue that older players earnt their cash automatically via their rare vanities, but that's unfortunately the price for not finding out about the game sooner.

think it's important to treat old and new players fairly, to reduce the revenue of old players, and to make them at the same level.

This sounds like a Communist ideology and without going too much into politics, you need some Capitalism in order to reach a functioning economy - communism does not work and I will not expand on that for obvious reasons.

Also the game has lately been catering towards newer players (at least in PvP) - e.g. Automated tournaments, 2x31 4x25 Pokemon via ladder prizes, etc  

Haven't Pokemon officials realized that his mistake has led to a massive loss of players?That's a joke.

I'm sure the staff and developers can disagree that the opposite is the case - more players are joining MMO. If players are leaving MMO, it's not because of salty uguus like you about the economy, it's because of a lack of updates (e.g. Hidden abilities, dungeons, legendries), players wanting to play other games or being preoccupied by other commitments in real.

TLDR - I've seen people like you from several games who are just salty that players found the game years back and are now reaping the rewards (whether justified) - and you realised you missed out and want to ruin everyone else's hard work just for your own benefit.

You won't be able to change my mind on this, I'm sorry.

It is undeniable that vanity has changed our original intention. Now no one will envy you because of your shiny, even the starter. We joined the game for Pokemon, but gave up Pokemon for vanity. It's ridiculous. I can understand what you mean. u want to restrict the value of vanity so that the focus of market trading can return to shiny. By the way, for the sake of fairness, if this proposal is implemented, the probability can be reduced to 1 / 30,000. XD

by the way.to be honest, I don't think many people will vote for you. Most of the people who are active in the forum are old players. They benefit from vanity. They won't allow others to touch their cake. I hate what the guy just said. work hard for what u want. work in gym and E4 every day to get pokeyen, about 0.3m/h? It's just like the capitalists advise you to work hard for them, let you become a money printing machine, and lay a good foundation for their vanity sale. u are playing games for entertainment and Pokemon. I can understand that you spend your time in shiny hunting, but now you are wasting your time in the game for vanity, something you are not interested in, and making money like a machine. If you really want these things, it's better to go to McDonald's to be a waiter and earn more money (your monthly income  through the purchase of RP, u can get hundreds of millions of pokeyen)

于2021/4/30 PM7点48分,Imperial 说:

You won't be able to change my mind on this, I'm sorry.

You don't understand economics. I don't want to explain it to you

于2021/5/1 PM5点52分,YoLoser 说:

by the way.to be honest, I don't think many people will vote for you. Most of the people who are active in the forum are old players. They benefit from vanity. They won't allow others to touch their cake. I hate what the guy just said. work hard for what u want. work in gym and E4 every day to get pokeyen, about 0.3m/h? It's just like the capitalists advise you to work hard for them, let you become a money printing machine, and lay a good foundation for their vanity sale. u are playing games for entertainment and Pokemon. I can understand that you spend your time in shiny hunting, but now you are wasting your time in the game for vanity, something you are not interested in, and making money like a machine. If you really want these things, it's better to go to McDonald's to be a waiter and earn more money (your monthly income  through the purchase of RP, u can get hundreds of millions of pokeyen)

Thank you for your support

3 hours ago, coeu said:

You don't understand economics. I don't want to explain it to you

Thank you for your support

I have in-depth knowledge of business and have been trading on games successfully for over 7 years, also got a teammate who's studying a masters degree in finance.

But yeah I'm the one who doesn't understand economics.

On 5/1/2021 at 10:52 AM, YoLoser said:

by the way.to be honest, I don't think many people will vote for you. Most of the people who are active in the forum are old players. They benefit from vanity. They won't allow others to touch their cake. I hate what the guy just said. work hard for what u want. work in gym and E4 every day to get pokeyen, about 0.3m/h?

Just to make it clear I sold my ghost costume for 1m back in 2015 (lol) and I currently have none of these 'rare vanities'. The majority of players can see that re-releasing these items will lose its nostalgia, the purpose of it being 'time limited' and generally not fundamentally change how the economy is run.

While I do agree that gym runs aren't sufficient and more/better options should be available, I emphasise once again that this is an MMO, if you don't like the grind then don't play the game.

On 5/1/2021 at 10:52 AM, YoLoser said:

It's just like the capitalists advise you to work hard for them, let you become a money printing machine, and lay a good foundation for their vanity sale.

lol

Edited by Imperial

Yo, I'm gonna bother quoting anyone here, but I do take issue with one thing OP and their supporter(s) do a lot here:

Please do not trivialize the struggles working people and the poor by comparing their plight to a goddamn videogame.

I know I've been very vocal about my dissent towards the way the economy in this game works, questioning whether or not it actually serves the interests of the game's player population, but that's very different from using Communist political rhetoric to try and make it easier for you get shit in a videogame that is, by its nature, competitive and exclusive. The problems of working and poor people (and various matters of inequality across different demographics) is a very real, very serious problem that, regardless of your views on it, has serious repercussions on their lives. Don't even fucking dare try to compare that to market of fake money and pixels, you cretins.

It doesn't even apply all that well. Yes, there's a lot of stock market-esque activity with the limited vanities, BUT the true controllers of the market ARE the producers. Limiteds don't get traded around that often. They don't provide anything essential. Trading in them does not really interfere with the production or acquisition of needed goods. What is most traded for and sought after are competitive items and breeding services (the closest this game has to a "need"). Given that there's a lack of a capital finance class in Pokemmo at the moment, this puts almost all the economic power in the hands of the producers. There are no landlords. Limited vanities are the ONLY items that reflect any kind of ownership of property, and the owners of limited items' ability to control the economy with that ownership of property is, as far as I can tell, well...limited. As of yet, nobody works for anybody else. Nobody has to put Pokefood on their Poketables. A lot of limited owners don't even play this god damn game anymore, so they're not putting any of their wealth back into the economy (which is the only REAL problem here). The only people who are actually looking to put food on their tables are the devs, who are the REAL producers and the only ones to really materially gain from the purchase of limiteds. There's nothing wrong with that from any moral or economic perspective. Owners of limiteds aren't using that ownership of property in a way that harms others for their benefit. They absolutely are not, so don't you dare compare this situation to the real life struggles of ordinary people.

In the real world, this stuff matters because the excesses of capitalism, as well as the abuses of Communism, cause real problems and endanger real lives. This is a goddamn videogame. If you don't like playing it, stop. Problem solved.

Edited by AnRae