Creative contest ideas? "Find SDC" is getting a bit stale. More contests = more $ for you!

SDC never bamboozles and is looking for fun and interesting ideas to give away good ol' cash, items, and vanities. At least $50m cash will be flung out by end of April. At least $100m cash will be flung out by the end of April.

I've done the "Find SDC" a lot and its gotten a bit stale, but is extremely easy and quick to host without dealing with a ton of whispers/mail for entries. Unsure how much I've given away doing these.

I've also done the "guess a number 1-10" in global and got frowned upon by the mods. That started because someone else held a fake one giving away a shiny, so I had to actually host a real one. 

Holding a catching contest is just so damn tedious I'm not really into hosting them. I'll fund a few though. 

Anyone have some interesting ideas of contests so I can give away some stuff?

For the majority of the contests, I like them where there's not really any insane PvP, so even nubs can win them if it's a Togepi Metronome battle or Safari Zone hunt battle.

Edit: 66.3m+ in shinies and cash funded so far, still 43m+ to go. I pay hosting fees for events too, those aren't included in the total. Also have given ~28m away myself.

Edited by EssDeeCee
3 minutes ago, EssDeeCee said:

I've done the "Find SDC" a lot and its gotten a bit stale, but is extremely easy and quick to host without dealing with a ton of whispers/mail for entries.

I've also done the "guess a number 1-10" in global and got frowned upon by the mods.

Holding a catching contest is just so damn tedious I'm not really into hosting them.

I have been toying with the idea of a "scavenger hunt" but haven't figured out exactly all of the logistics, and it might be a little much to have everyone slamming you with messages.

27 minutes ago, lordhyra said:

I have been toying with the idea of a "scavenger hunt" but haven't figured out exactly all of the logistics, and it might be a little much to have everyone slamming you with messages.

Always wanted to figure out how to do one as well. Looks like you've got a challenge.

Just now, EssDeeCee said:

Always wanted to figure out how to do one as well. Looks like you've got a challenge.

For sure, it's going to take some time so I can figure out a way to not get slammed by messages and keep track of everything, and also somehow keep questions to a minimum. I don't know. we'll see what I can come up with!

Have contestants play a game of "Red light green light" winner gets to 1v1 u in a togepi metronome battle for a prize.

Have a group of ppl come to you, flash them a follower pokemon and they have to compete to go and catch that pokemon and bring it back to you as a follower. First to do so wins a prize. Or chance to 1v1 togepi metronome battle for prize lol.

Um thats all i got for now. Curious to see what others say though

Edited by Obvi
3 minutes ago, Obvi said:

Have contestants play a game of "Red light green light" winner gets to 1v1 u in a togepi metronome battle for a prize.

Have a group of ppl come to you, flash them a follower pokemon and they have to compete to go and catch that pokemon and bring it back to you as a follower. First to do so wins a prize. Or chance to 1v1 togepi metronome battle for prize lol.

This is legit and is going to happen. Only issue is ensuring their using the caught Pokemon and not some ringer they bought off GTL.

Just now, EssDeeCee said:

This is legit and is going to happen. Only issue is ensuring their using the caught Pokemon and not some ringer they bought off the GTL

I would note the time you start the event and have them link you their catch so you can check their date/time caught and OT just to be safe. Always gonna be that guy who links a comp or GTL mon xD

• EssDeeCee changed the title to Creative contest ideas? "Find SDC" is getting a bit stale. More contests = more $ for you!
40 minutes ago, Oldenman said:

I can help you set up with clefa tales (metronome battle), @Poufilou has more info.

This will be awesome. Unsure how it all works since I'm a complete moron in PvP and setting things like that up. I'll of course give the hosts some money and figure out the prizes based on how many places there will be (and how much interest there will be). Probably at least 5m in prizes though?

36 minutes ago, EssDeeCee said:

This will be awesome. Unsure how it all works since I'm a complete moron in PvP and setting things like that up. I'll of course give the hosts some money and figure out the prizes based on how many places there will be (and how much interest there will be). Probably at least 5m in prizes though?

The best way is to provide the metronome pokemon, to make sure everything is fair and square concerning stats. That's why we do it at level 5, where stats are more stable with different IVs, and can be fixed with EV invest to be all equal. It's really easy to do. Just for the lols, we use 4 Clefairies 6x0, but it can be Togepi, as long as we provide pokes with same stats. For the bracket and stuff, a quick challonge.com tourney with double elimination is good, cos it's always pog to come back with RNG after a loss. 

23 minutes ago, Poufilou said:

Players could still use vitamins to try and boost their stat point by 1, but 

- they would waste vitamins for it

- it wont always give em an extra stat 

- its rng anyways 

you can always have them link it straight away

then you can see if any changes are being made

A little tweak to "Find SDC"

1. Gather participants to your current location. Some places with more people is evil, eg breeding house in Unova

2. You count down and switch channel.

3. They guess which channel you go and switches as yiu disappeared.

4. First trades you wins. Hold trade windows while you announce in Global.

5 minutes ago, Riesz said:

1. Gather participants to your current location. Some places with more people is evil, eg breeding house in Unova

You wanna host a Find Riesz event? :-p

On 3/25/2021 at 8:31 PM, EssDeeCee said:

SDC never bamboozles and is looking for fun and interesting ideas to give away good ol' cash, items, and vanities. At least $50m cash will be flung out by end of April. At least $100m cash will be flung out by the end of April.

I've done the "Find SDC" a lot and its gotten a bit stale, but is extremely easy and quick to host without dealing with a ton of whispers/mail for entries. Unsure how much I've given away doing these.

I've also done the "guess a number 1-10" in global and got frowned upon by the mods. That started because someone else held a fake one giving away a shiny, so I had to actually host a real one. 

Holding a catching contest is just so damn tedious I'm not really into hosting them. I'll fund a few though. 

For the majority of the contests, I like them where there's not really any insane PvP, so even nubs can win them if it's a Togepi Metronome battle or Safari Zone hunt battle.

Edit: 21.6m+ in shinies and cash funded so far, still 100m+ to go. I pay hosting fees for events too, those aren't included in the total.

On 3/25/2021 at 8:35 PM, lordhyra said:

On 3/25/2021 at 9:24 PM, Obvi said:

On 3/26/2021 at 3:38 PM, Oldenman said:

I can help you set up with clefa tales (metronome battle), @Poufilou has more info.

On 3/26/2021 at 5:09 PM, Poufilou said:

Catching/buying random Togepi/Clefairy and EVing them to same stats at level 5 is an easy task that can provide quickly pokemon for every players. 

On 3/26/2021 at 6:29 PM, Riesz said:

I stumbled upon this thread by accident and i just wanted to say you are all awesome people. Thant's it :D

Still waiting on more fantastic ideas and @Oldenman and crew to get back to me.

Only have been able to fund some catching contests and whatever Riesz wants to do so far. 

Unless people just want 20-35 catching contests with total prize pools of 3m-5m each.