What are your thoughts on these 'raffles'?

10 minutes ago, Imperial said:

Some of the people defending this are the people guilty of hosting these rip off raffles XD

Community is weird. They compared GTL sniping to conning noobs out of their shinies for cheap. 

We have came to decision to change raffle system to new rules:

- Only 1 item/ 1 pokemon can be put on a raffle.
- A limit of 1 raffle per user will be allowed. 

This changes do not apply to already open raffles, but after they will come to end, they apply to next ones. 

We have decided that subforum changes not enough of this situation, therefore we want to see how the raffles will go with the limit on both raffle and asset that is sold. 

2 minutes ago, Bearminator said:

This changes do not apply to already open raffles, but after they will come to end, they apply to next ones. 

We have decided that subforum changes not enough of this situation, therefore we want to see how the raffles will go with the limit on both raffle and asset that is sold. 

damn i was just mailing 20 shinies to joseee and doing 2 rafle per posts

15 minutes ago, Bearminator said:

Will the 1 raffle per user be addressed via IP address - because I'm cautious that people can just create new forum accounts and host them that way.

Regarding the raffles will there be a cooldown period, or will it strictly be a limit of 1 raffle per person? Just wondering if there should be a middle ground.

Personally I think there should be a limit on how many raffles a staff member can hold, as it always seems to be the same 2 holding the prizes (obviously if they have no issue with it I guess it's fine, but something I noticed the last few weeks)

It would be a good idea to make an announcement in the Raffle rule thread so people know when the new rules would take place.

I appreciate you following this thread throughout and making these considerations.

Edited by Imperial
54 minutes ago, Imperial said:

Regarding the raffles will there be a cooldown period, or will it strictly be a limit of 1 raffle per person? Just wondering if there should be a middle ground.

Each player can create one raffle per month, with no overall limit - this will still limit the raffles, and 1 item rule makes that raffles needs to be thought about more before creating. 

As for people trying to go around rules and make more- I think its fair to say that we will for sure check if someone doesn't try to cheat and create more than other users, to make it fair.

Personally I think there should be a limit on how many raffles a staff member can hold, as it always seems to be the same 2 holding the prizes (obviously if they have no issue with it I guess it's fine, but something I noticed the last few weeks)

Not needed tbh, by rules it should be me or Drakk as we are trade corner mods, but we don't limit it cause our staffs seemed to be fine with holding ones if approached. It's not a trouble.

It would be a good idea to make an announcement in the Raffle rule thread so people know when the new rules would take place.

There is, change is done and we always inform players about rules before making a raffle- we will for sure always tell players before they will create one as well.

I still can't help but think a lot of the outrage is because noobs are making money off other noobs and accumulating money that is making the vets jelly.

"You can't pull one over on the noobs to make money off them, that's our job!".