Missing ribbons that could be added

Amitai

Question

Ribbon collecting is a popular hobby among certain Pokémon fans. PokeMMO enables this, by allowing players collect many, but not all, of the ribbons from the original games.

While some missing ribbons are tied to large unimplemented features like Sinnoh contests and battle towers, here are some others which should be fairly trivial to implement:

Effort_Ribbon.png.609fe081845b5411f122fe7f2abb7af4.png Effort Ribbon

• This ribbon is already in the game, but strangely it uses the same sprite as the Champion_Ribbon.png.4850db1b7f141fced6fa286a0337ebe5.pngChampion Ribbon.
    • It should be changed to use the correct sprite.

Sinnoh_Champ_Ribbon.png.dfda93ed6407bf28b72e0f77095b80cb.png Sinnoh Champion Ribbon

• Given for defeating the Sinnoh Champion.
  • The same functionality is already implemented in Hoenn.

Footprint_Ribbon.png.3f5c8c093aac9134f0a7b69212f790e2.png Footprint Ribbon

• Given on Route 213 to Pokémon with maximum happiness.

And here are some ribbons which are not as simple:

Spoiler

Artist_Ribbon.png.6061327124ad489256fb031bcaf4f872.png Artist Ribbon

• Given to Pokémon who win a Master Rank contest with at least 800 points.
  • This requires the Lilycove Museum to be implemented.
    • It would also enable players to obtain the GlassOrnamentSprite.png.c609f06a6ea66f59f7b8848d640cc056.png  Glass Ornament for their secret base.

Alert_Ribbon.png.60b9251c2267ce5727f5002833c91568.pngShock_Ribbon.png.d178214a2133e1f225ab3070cdebc752.pngDowncast_Ribbon.png.eab65da5ccc041a77b8b23a50249b00f.pngCareless_Ribbon.png.f64aaa70b7ba47219bb33032a58be07f.pngRelax_Ribbon.png.702e4236dbee5187e2ba4803930f77c0.pngSnooze_Ribbon.png.0def719905203c597836f23272fa5356.pngSmile_Ribbon.png.40767de41e3ea27777f3ac8142ff4ba3.png Mood Ribbons

• Given at Sunyshore City on certain days of the week.
  • The problem with these is that one of the sprites is already used for PokeMMO's Shock_Ribbon.png.d178214a2133e1f225ab3070cdebc752.pngGIFT Ribbon.
    • I am a fan of the GIFT Ribbon, and I appreciate that it may be confusing for players if it were changed.
    • If it were changed, perhaps giving it the sprite of the Event_Ribbon.png.73f84bb3ddab9e796b56d2c35f967eb2.pngEvent,  Birthday_Ribbon.png.8e5cfc08876f0644cf2f343cec5e9105.png Birthday, or   Special_Ribbon.png.4cf69c92de85dec610f512a12aac8326.png Special ribbons would be appropriate.

I hope that the developers will consider implementing some of these ribbons. It would require relatively little work, and would make PokeMMO feel a little more complete and true to the original.

?

Edited by Amitai

7 answers to this question

Hi and welcome!

I think this is a good idea. You're right that this would be a nice touch and simple to implement. My guess is that because it's small it's easy to overlook. I'd personally like to be able to farm the glass ornaments for my base and if the ribbon comes along then that's a plus.

I think the important thing is that they're farmable. I don't recall what the trigger is in Emerald for a new painting to be placed over the top of the existing one, but it's important that you should be able to do it endlessly and that there's not a fixed number of awards per account.

That aside, I agree and think  this is a good suggestion.

First, hello
Well pokéMON already has several tapes
many of them that I manage without realizing, the idea of adding more tapes seems good, but it is
useless, pokeMMO still has several things to be implemented and even another region is
still being planned, and we still have bugs that need to be solved, the developers would not
have time to think about tapes

That's my opinion

6 hours ago, MoxPeanut said:

Hi and welcome!

I think this is a good idea. You're right that this would be a nice touch and simple to implement. My guess is that because it's small it's easy to overlook. I'd personally like to be able to farm the glass ornaments for my base and if the ribbon comes along then that's a plus.

I think the important thing is that they're farmable. I don't recall what the trigger is in Emerald for a new painting to be placed over the top of the existing one, but it's important that you should be able to do it endlessly and that there's not a fixed number of awards per account.

That aside, I agree and think  this is a good suggestion.

First of all thank you for your support!

About the Glass Ornament, I believe in the originals you can only obtain one, but perhaps in PokeMMO it could be made repeatable.

44 minutes ago, Clovissssss said:

First, hello
Well pokéMON already has several tapes
many of them that I manage without realizing, the idea of adding more tapes seems good, but it is
useless, pokeMMO still has several things to be implemented and even another region is
still being planned, and we still have bugs that need to be solved, the developers would not
have time to think about tapes

That's my opinion

I agree with you that many things still need to be implemented in PokeMMO. The only way to implement so many different things, is one step at a time. So why not start with simple changes like these?

On 3/16/2021 at 8:27 AM, Amitai said:

I agree with you that many things still need to be implemented in PokeMMO. The only way to implement so many different things, is one step at a time. So why not start with simple changes like these?

This can be used to devs gain time to work on Johto. Sending small updates to say: "We are still hearing the community", but is for people forgot about Johto for a while

Edited by caioxlive13
On 3/16/2021 at 1:34 AM, DamianTe said:

Iirc, you need to win a contest with 800 or more points.

Hello! I'm from the DHT ribbon shop and I support what the idea behind adding extra ribbons. It would be a purely cosmetic addition so I understand that for the devs, it's not high on the priority list, but it would definitely be cool to see those additional ribbons. It would give the feel of completeness.