How to change game?

Hi, and welcome!

First; it's more correct to ask how to change from Unova (the region in Black/White) to Johto (the region in HeartGold/SoulSilver) since the game mechanics are the same in both places.

Second, Johto isn't implemented yet, so you can't go there. The HGSS ROM is to display pokemon following you in the overworld, since that was a feature in those games.

Finally, an actual answer to the question: To change your region, you need to get 4 badges in your current region, then visit the ferry in your region. For Unova, that's the second pier from the left in Castelia City. If you select the wrong region by mistake, you can speak to your mum in-game and she will transport you back (until you get far enough in your new region that you can access the port city there, at which point you will be taking the ferry again)

Ensure you have the ROM you want for the region you're going to loaded correctly.

Hope this helps!

• 1 year later...

So if I started in unova, I have to clear 4 gyms, then I'm able to take the boat from castellia city even though castellia city is the 3rd badge of the region? I always thought it was as soon as you reach the boat city in the story that you can travel regions.

10 hours ago, MMOcritic said:

So if I started in unova, I have to clear 4 gyms, then I'm able to take the boat from castellia city even though castellia city is the 3rd badge of the region? I always thought it was as soon as you reach the boat city in the story that you can travel regions.

I think it's only for the first region you play. Once you get 4 badges in the region you started, in the next region, you will be able to just take the boat as soon as you see it.

You can also talk to your mom right after getting your starter in your 2nd region, go back to the 1st, and then take the boat to go to the 3rd.

And do the same to go to the 4th.