What was your first shiny?

In early 2016 when hordes were added, I was an avid shiny trader, buying and selling shinys or RP items for whatever I could make a tiny profit off. I remember I had sunk most of my money into a shiny phanpy (worth around 3m at the time) and a Kyu hat (also worth around 3m at the time). I had about 850k to spare, and saw a friend selling a 30-day donator status for 800k in trade chat. The average price in trade for a 30-day donator was around 1.2m so I decided to buy it, intending just to make a little money off of it. Some of my teammates were horde hunting at the time, and I decided I wanted to hunt with them for an OT shiny - aka I decided that it was worth it to spend my last 800k by using the donator status instead of trying to make 400k or so gross profit (since it probably wasn't too hard to make 800k within 30 days, it wasn't a massive gamble). I was already horde hunting before using the donator, but after 2 days on the donator status, I met this wonderful yellow clowd birb:

Spoiler

VG6TszP.png

After this I was so excited I swear that I couldn't stop grinning for a solid 2 days. Out of all the shinys I was hunting at the time, this is the one which I wanted most.

On the same 30-day donator status ticket / shortly under 3 weeks later, I found this:

Spoiler

shetIyk.png

Iirc I was around 573 hours for Swablu, and slightly under 700 hours for Azumarill. This was before encounter counters existed, so I have no idea the total number of encounters, but I assume they were both under 30k (knowing actually how long that takes now).

TLDR: Commit to hunting for 1 month and maybe you'll get lucky c:

Technically Donphan from Xela’s great pokemon treasure hunt way back when. May it RIP (gave it away, along with my original labcoat, when I “quit” for the first time).

First wild catch was Sandslash while EV training in Kanto victory road. Currently it’s with Djinn.

Edited by Gilan

Tentacool, I found it when I was surfing and was caught by in a Horde.

Only reason I found it was because I ran out of repels( and was poor) and the game told me not to aoe kill them all with Surf.  It happened on Route 21 right behind Pallet Town before I had played for even a week. I had no clue how rare shinies were and told no one until my friends brought up how rare they were a week later.

Thanks for Asking!

Edited by MrMalz
40 minutes ago, MrMalz said:

Tentacool, I found it when I was surfing and was caught by in a Horde.

Only reason I found it was because I ran out of repels( and was poor) and the game told me not to aoe kill them all with Surf.  It happened on Route 21 right behind Pallet Town before I had played for even a week. I had no clue how rare shinies were and told no one until my friends brought up how rare they were a week later.

Thanks for Asking!

I mean, technically PokeMMO's shinies are rarer than the shinies in the recent pokemon games

25 minutes ago, RealMak said:

I mean, technically PokeMMO's shinies are rarer than the shinies in the recent pokemon games

Super Duper Rare but you could hardly tell by how Hardcore everyone is about collecting and showing them off.

More to the Story: My friends (who were playing longer and introduced me to the game) did not let me off for not telling them about it btw and had thought I was just joking due to the rarity until I showed it to them.

This Community is awesome, cheers.

Also your Catch sounds more reasonable.

Edited by MrMalz
I'm not very good at using this site

I want to join this party ^^ My first shiny (as a new player) was a random single encounter shiny Nincada in 2016 when I was going through Hoenn region, which was my favorite region as a child. I wasn't aware of how much shiny OT actually meant back then, so I unfortunately sold it to get money to breed competitive Pokémon. I regret that big time today.

Not so long ago I was shown this picture of me casually hanging in Vermilion with my Shiny Ninjask:

3bzVqTe.thumb.png.594a85a7b8adbf8be01c5019c3cbdb0a.png

It was a sad history, I was training evs on a pokemon when a shiny bouffalant appeared. I was listening to music and the game volume was on 5 so I didnt heared the shiny sound. Btw I was doing my homework and I didnt see the "Shiny Bouffalant", then this happend...
screenshot_1587315660.png?width=815&height=42719/04/20 - 400 - 650 hours (idk)
With a 240p metagross xD

The first shiny died xd, but at the 700 - 750 hours I catched a Shiny Heatmor but I sold it :b, 2minutes later  after sold it at 1.5m I watched in GTL the shinys and there was my heatmor at 2m. Now I dont have shinys ;-;

Edited by RedixTz

My first shiny was Medicham, completely unintentional random encounter, found him whilst making my way through my first region, SInnoh.  

64e59a280f110f77d8c2217b1e999388.png.0fd0671e7fa6b0e08626602443217f5d.png3880e66bdeb0de8d2505e617db93ce27.png.586dadcb8c078a14b71e873e4d231645.png22f4a8d25eb4f4bd1cd6ee9e94a78ca9.png.b7578d57b4a09fdbaa3f08d197d98169.png2cd6ae2fb4b668eb7d154122c2b99cb3.png.96760917b53d5f8a692abe0d2106f575.png

Even though I already had a team at that point, I went out of my way to train him so I could defeat the league in style.