Did PokeMMO really survive a cease and desist?

The game operates in a legally grey area. The user is providing the ROM's and therefore the user is providing the copyrighted material. Everything PokeMMO provides is their own work and isn't copyright infringement.

As for the cease and desist - not sure on the accuracy of that however it's possible considering PokeMMO doesn't break any laws.

so thats why they took the regi dolls off the gift shop

30 minutes ago, Quakkz said:

AFAIK it happened a lot of years ago and they were forced to change the names of a lot of gift shop items because of it, which happened like I dunno 2014 maybe, way too long ago to remember exactly. 

On 3/10/2021 at 8:25 PM, Shawn3K said:

Link that URL

It was a video that was about the top 10 online Pokémon games to play and the YouTuber stated how PokeMMO was the only one on this list to ever survive a cease and desist from Nintendo. I don't recall the video but it was something among those lines.

Well I also played PBB and it was the only reason I joined roblox back then coz it was very popular. But you shouldn't take it sadly.. Nintendo can't just let others use their stuff without their permission. Same happened to Pixelmon Mod Iirc and Some Mario type games too. PokeMMO survived it because it acts like an online emulator at the basic looks, it doesn't provide any copyrighted stuff, so we can play this game for years and continue our Boaring Grind as long the Developers are willed to continue their Emulator.