What's your endgame?

So I've completed all four region. I made a consistently successful gym rebattle team and can clear all the gyms in a little under 2 hours. I've got less than 10 pokemon I need to catch to complete the OT pokedex, most of which are phenos.

Now I'm wondering what to do afterwards. The two that stick out most to me are shiny hunting and competitive PvP.

Shiny hunting I know will be fun but it'll also be extremely monotonous and expensive in terms of leppas while I try to stay awake throughout the thousands of encounters necessary.

Comp PvP I know much less about in terms of actual fighting and the rewards attached to it. This is something I'm mostly wondering because the way some people describe it is that PvP IS the goal. I feel like I would need something to work towards to enjoy it, and if the end goal is just endless battling I think I'll get tired of it quickly and be disappointed with the amount of effort it would take to find this fact out.

So I'm wondering if anybody can tell me what their experience is with these two or if their endgame is something totally different. I'm genuinely curious so hopefully you guys will leave me something to read.

Thanks!

Hi Bryce,

I am a shiny hunter and broadly don't like Comp. I can't speak for others naturally, but I like the idea of filling out the whole pokedex in Shiny. I was probably 30% or 40% of the way through this process in ORAS before I became disillusioned with GF's design direction and decided not to continue playing on cartridge. After that I started spending a lot more time in PokeMMO, where I find the grind to be nice, remedial background work for when I am watching videos etc. Right now I'm looking for my favourite pokemon, Porygon, in shiny via the egg method. After that I'll probably go back to hordes.

In terms of Comp, I believe that most of the enjoyment is in building and playing teams, especially meta-breaker teams, in the same way that one enjoys both the deckbuilding and piloting aspects of collectible card games like the Pokemon TCG. As I said, personally I don't like Comp that much; I have comp teams, but I don't find playing/grinding it that enjoyable.

Ultimately the draw of this game right now is as a sandbox. There is an element of having to make your own fun. I look forward to the implementation of Dungeons, and hope the staff will also implement the Hoenn Battle Frontier completely. I think completing the gold symbols set would be a fun challenge, especially if it rewarded you with a cosmetic.

Hope this helps!

from my personal experience, don't make any goal or anything that make you feel obliged to get it at all cost.

have a mindset of a shunter that doesn't use or care about number of encounters, it's good to find a shiny, but it's alright not seeing any.

Step 1- win comp shiny, be happy

Step 2- realize comp shiny is useless because bad IV, be sad

Step 3- Complain to devs about comp shiny bad, be ignored

Step 4- win more comp shiny, cuz why not

Step 5- realize you have more useless comp shiny, be depress

Step 6- complain again about bad comp shiny, be lectured on shiny market and economy

Step 7- use all comp shiny as follower flex, be afk

Step 8- tell devs shiny market died years ago, be ignored

Step 9- quit

You can skip steps 1 to 8, they're just tutorial

Adding some more optional steps as outlined Life's post:

Step 10 - get excited about update for new event and install game to grind money + vanities

Step 11 - get depressed that devs then nerf event to reduce amount of money + vanities earned

Step 12 - quit game after event is over

Step 13 - get excited about hearing a new update only to then get depressed that new update is more vanities

Step 14 - troll on forums

Step 15 - play smogon tournaments / VGC if interested in competitive battling

1.Removing Every single nice friends from my friendlist without any proper reason.. (Yes... I am serious, did that twice)

2. Leave teams without even notifying teammates and become a Toxic guy to teammates..

3. Changing my name again n again and feeling as a new player but that doesn't work each time..

4. Somehow beg some money in trade chat to buy the newest vanity as I haven't grinded for ages

5. Never chatting in discord and never socializing with teammates..

6. Getting mutes intentionally and QUIT and then it continues.

That's my true endgame, this is what I achieved

:disgustedasirpa:

Edited by FighterChamp