G/S/C Throwback Mechanic for Shinies

Question

OK, so in the original G/S/C games, there was a small chance for certain wild pokémon to flee from battle. Let's bring back this mechanic for all shinies, making the flee rate 10-15% or so for horde/double battle encounters and 25% for single encounters, and make them bypass Mean Look/Arena Trap or whatnot. If the shiny is in a horde or double battle, have them flee individually, making it so that the wild battle may continue without them.

Oh, and remove the little Shiny confirmation message that you get if you try to flee from it, and make sure that you don't mention any of this in your Update logs if you do this o;

@TheFrenchiestFry v:

Edited by Guest

7 answers to this question

Why make the game harder when it is easy right now? I don't see any strong point of removing the confirmation string. The developers have added it and I think they were all well aware when they did this implementation and obviously it makes a lot sense why they added it. Since the last few years people had lost a lot shiny pokes even rare ones without noticing. I know you can say that to "PAY ATTENTION" But seriously grinding a lot for a shiny and then missing it is pure pain. Plus the shiny rate here is a lot higher than G/S/C so this system have a lot points with it to exist.

1 minute ago, FighterChamp said:

Why make the game harder when it is easy right now? I don't see any strong point of removing the confirmation string. The developers have added it and I think they were all well aware when they did this implementation and obviously it makes a lot sense why they added it. Since the last few years people had lost a lot shiny pokes even rare ones without noticing. I know you can say that to "PAY ATTENTION" But seriously grinding a lot for a shiny and then missing it is pure pain. Plus the shiny rate here is a lot higher than G/S/C so this system have a lot points with it to exist.

Pure pain is the name of the game for this suggestion, anyways. Let's see people egg hunt something like Tentacool out of desperation xD

I mean event fights like the Pumpking are meant to be pure pain anyways (unless you have a good strat and you know what you are doing, but I digress lol), and the Safari Zone is self-explanatory, so it's not like pure pain is anything new to us smh xD