Yet Another Gen6+ Thread (ft Hidden Abilities + Fundraiser?)

Astari

Question

Prelude lol

Hello! I'm brand new to the game, but I've spent a couple of days musing on this subject during my playthrough. I've browsed the forums, and though I've seen a lot of Gen 6 requests and reasons for denial, I think I have a more detailed suggestion on how to feasibly add and afford the first wave of large changes. As I am not aware of the financial situation of the devs and game in general, I thought I'd throw in potential ideas for an event since the idea itself is not cheap.

I would also like for anyone reading to 100% feel free to add their own suggestions on these three topics, as well as state if you support any of these ideas. Since I imagine a lot of what halts these potential changes may not be the lack of ability to add them, but caution about player base reactions to the suggestions. 

Not that I know for sure but the more feedback, the more likely it is to be considered!

The Gen 6 Loophole

Putting it straight up: I think there is another loophole about custom assets added to the game. There is another MMO and various games that use custom assets to add megas, new forms, remix typings, all kinds of crazy things. At least one such game maker, the one who has famous mixes like Radical Red, also requires the same rule as PokeMMO in that you have to own the rights to/obtain your own ROM download and patches their customizations into the game. 

I won't say that this might not give PokeMMO some more trouble since they now have to cover DMCAs on 2 fronts, but it's the best loophole that still exists right now. Custom assets may be obtained/created and added into a ROM and still thrive.

The Gen 6 Assets

Now this comes with a following problem: The current sprites all move.

The fastest solution would be a playerbase okaying that any custom forums may not move (at least for a long while). A lot of code will have to be written for all new entities, Mega Evolution, ect. The right to sprites must also be obtained. For this, there's two options:

1a. Have/Hire a/an pixel artist(s) to create all Gen 6+ work that will be static with editing rights.
1b. Have/Hire a/an pixel artist(s) to modify all obtained pixel art to move.

Or skip and prolong the release with: 

2. Have/Hire a/an pixel artist(s) to create all Gen 6+ work that will move.

Which could be cheaper depending on if the pixel artists contracted charge more to allow modified artwork, but delay every new generation launch because we'll be waiting on all assets to move in an approved manner.

Basically think of Showdown and how every time they add new content the images are static and kind of weird. At least until they import the new assets. They go with option 1 in this case. 

The Gen 6 Funding

As I'm new, I don't know the health or size of the playerbase. I don't know anything about its funding. But I do know two things:

Fundraisers work as great advertising for old players to get them ready to return for new content. Larger MMOs call them 'expansions'. 

Now, I don't think an expansion would work for this game, there would be too many people upset about being locked out of new content for 3 days to 3 months (placeholder timeframe) while paying players get to experience new content. This is a game better suited to everyone being able to play together. :)

However! There are alternate ideas. Some of my own include:

1. Hidden Ability Tokens. Self/Server buffs to unlock finding Hidden Abilities. This will create a new market for the HAs to filter in at a steady pace and be added to breeding pools. As far as breeding balance goes, that's also a concern.

1a: Complete RNG Breeding: Like the main series, the HA would have a higher chance to pass from female to offspring, but can fail and create a normal one. Breeding currently has no RNG attached to it, so this one may have more blacklash than then next option.

1b: Creating an item/adding payment that forces HA to pass down. This means worst case with an item, you do the nature breeding method of 4x5 again to your bloodlines. Fastest case you just pay more upfront to pick the child's ability being passed from a parent. Depending on pricing it may even end up working better to RNG the nature until you're on your 4 IV breed attempt.

Note: Also depending on payment vs item, it may hurt existing breeds as it would probably be better to do HA before nature.

Other ideas include: 

2. Limited re-release of event cosmetics/new cosmetics. F2P games are always lousy with these. But if there's one thing I've learned, when I say limited re-release, I mean limited. I mean like 1-5 items re-injected into the game tops either bought first come first serve or auction. Just enough to keep items in circulation, but not enough to hurt existing value. The new items can be cheaper and unlimited, of course. Or cheaper and also limited to keep the 'I was there' thing going for it!

2b. Game Currency-Bought and Freebies! Don't forget to add these to those who want to support but can't, and also as a drain on inflation! 

3. New Cosmetic Ideas. We're talking things like:

3a. Custom Player Name Color: (pick 1 color. Or, if your staff are bold, multiple colors. You can also make the members format their own names if you provide the code to them with limited attempts per rename to get it right. A cute little code to gen a name against some in-game backgrounds would probably give players the best chance to pre-pick name colorings.

3b. In-Game Player Renames. Can come with two price options. One for changing to an untaken username. The other to take an inactive username. The second may be pricier but also come with emailing the standing person warning that their account is inactive and someone wants their name. Give it say a week for them to decide if they care. If they don't log in, their name gets changed to a placeholder and the old player gets a free rename if they come back in the future. 

Also inactive means like... 3+ years and/or never touched accounts (never got first gym badge at the most, or just never logged into at the least to be considered never touched). 

===

These are just some of my initial ideas! Again, feel free to leave your thoughts and ideas below! I'm sure some of them don't fit that well with the actual server, but I don't know which ones so I went with the most inoffensive and general things. \o/ Thank you for stopping by, I hope the read wasn't too long! I tried to highlight my points to make it easier!

2 answers to this question

When it comes to 2D sprites, they don't need to be static. Our gen 6 mod has fully animated sprites, all the Pokémon except for legendaries and mega evolutions (but we have those sprites too and they're animated, they're just not in the mod) check it out and see if its what you're looking for. Though I do agree with your post. 

En cierta parte pueda que si sean buenas recomendaciones pero hay algunas que creo estarán en desacuerdo ,como en el caso de la reproducción y la descendencia ,tu idea es muy buena pero también hay que seguir algunas reglas y siempre debe de haber una dificultad en algo en este caso de la reproducción, combates pvp ,eclosionando huevos ,eventos ,etc. Como tu mencionaste Radical Red (supongo que lo jugaste) hay una enfermera que cambia la naturaleza por cierta cantidad de dinero esta mecánica debería de haber en este juego pero una cantidad que vaya aumentando si se cambia con frecuencia la naturaleza al mismo pokémon varias veces y que también sea accesible para todos una cantidad mínima seria 10k y máxima 160k solo si se pondría esta mecánica.

Pero entre tus otra ideas las veo muy bien talvez en algunas les podrás añadir mas cosas como añadiendo un limite ,como en los cosméticos;

espero que lo lea alguien y que también deje su opinión.

ps: soy  nuevo escribiendo en foro no se como va esto del todo, pero si juego mucho el juego.