Donator Status feels lacking

spazzticstray

Question

Don't get me wrong I enjoy the benefits I get under the Donator Status as is, however I feel for the cost of a full month being $15. I feel like the donators deserve a little more. I understand the reworking of the Amulet Coin was due to help balance the GTL Economy. however I do not think that a small 10% increase in money won from battles would hurt it for Donators. I mean your average trainer re-battle is worth 800 to 1k so I mean realistically you would only be looking at an average boost of 80 to 100 Poke-yen per trainer. I mean looking at other games that have a donator status, membership, vip, subscription based, or whatever you want to call it. I just feel like for the price to be $15 for 30 days that its lacking in the benefits. $15 is actually considered kind of high in the subscription based world. I mean most of your basic streaming services don't even charge $15 for their highest package. I just feel like the three benefits you get aren't really that attractive towards the price. Again do not get me wrong I am not upset with what I do get as a donator, I just feel like there could be more to it.

Possible Benefits

1. 10% Money earned from battles
  2. Extra Maps for Donators only
  3. Trainer re-battle time cut by 25%-50%
  4. Carry Max Obedience Level over to new regions

Again only a suggestion, I feel like all of them are somewhat in the realm of possibility. I'm sure I'm not the only person that has said, or felt this way. I'm pretty sure there are other suggestions for donator status that are better than my own. I just feel like subscription based players in games are normally the ones who are playing for fun, and the benefits are primarily aimed at competitive players in PokeMMO. Just food for thought.

3 answers to this question

Donation =/= Subscription

RP isn't exclusive to people who spend money on the game. You can earn it by winning PvP/PvE events or by farming in-game money and using it to buy RP from GTL. It's your choice whether you donate to the game or not, without expecting anything special in return. 

About the Donator Status, if you're using it as a mean of getting in-game money, you'd probably be better off just listing it on GTL in the first place. Afaik, Donator Status is mostly used for shiny hunting/breeding.