The fun of hunting shiny pokemon

• Shawn3K changed the title to The fun of hunting shiny pokemon
38 minutes ago, Neuzzz said:

like in your profile picture, you have a shiny pokemon (that you actually caught). And you show off to others who cry about not having shinies. That's what "flex" means

As someone with no OTs. I take offence to this. :(

49 minutes ago, Fixedgaming said:

as someone who has 119k in solo encounters and eggs (beldum/bagon)

there is no fun..

cant agree more than this , 1 year on drattini i just keep going because if i stop i would have lose time for nothing 

I like hunting while I'm doing anything else. If I didn't find shiny it doesn't matters because I didn't waste my time at all.

Maybe the process to get one is boring, but when you find it's very exciting, I like so much the uncertainty of knowing what IV,s and nature have.( And here is when you discover that your shiny torkoal is adamant XDXD).

On 3/5/2021 at 11:17 PM, Zigh said:

anyone who sells ots is thrash

Tell that to my OT Shiny Meowth who literally gives me free cash from Pay day and pickup

Edited by RealMak
*laughs in Meowth*
On 3/5/2021 at 11:39 AM, RealMak said:

Well, Shiny hunting is mostly for extra cash in your pockets. But you can keep the shinies to flex them as well

its never for extra cash as you never break even almost, especially on egg hatching

16 minutes ago, RealMak said:

Tell that to my OT Shiny Meowth who literally gives me free cash from Pay day and pickup

I literally can't tell if you're serious or trolling anymore lol

3 hours ago, razimove said:

I literally can't tell if you're serious or trolling anymore lol

*insert Troll face*

Edited by RealMak
But yea, That Meowth actually does its job with PayDay and Pickup

It's always going to be difficult to try to explain why something you like is enjoyable if someone else doesn't enjoy it. I like to grind at stuff because it feels like I'm accumulating resources and I find it soothing. You might also compare it to playing a slot machine or opening packs of trading cards or loot boxes, where you keep punching buttons and eventually you get the rare event that you wanted. It's a fairly harmless form of gambling compared to those other things for sure.