PSL Teams [First Edition] - General Thread

2 minutes ago, Bearminator said:

Not targeting specific team/s or player/s skill, but for many teams players are put into the roster but don't play at all, since months. 

When I sign up SIÂ in TT, i'll put some PvP players, but they are still here in sub if needed, but that's not because they are inactive or not etablished. But all of them are able to play if needed.

12 minutes ago, MknsZblex said:

When I sign up SIÂ in TT, i'll put some PvP players, but they are still here in sub if needed, but that's not because they are inactive or not etablished. But all of them are able to play if needed.

Yea Im not claiming otherwise, just pointing out that some teams might have some problems with requirement. I see what you aim for tho

This is just a TT but every week tbh, not really anything to do with PSL. The criteria are just here to avoid the crushing rounds of TT against teams that aren't up to level. This event does not really add anything new to the competitive scene, it's just trying to have an unofficial TT title, and a war of team flexes. There will be interesting matches indeed. But idk it's the same people against the same people, nothing new under the sun. I'd like to see other unofficial stuff going on at the same time with the people that's not in this event, and that will be hard to do. Because as I see that, it's just a split of the PvP community just for the sake of the ego of some.

People do their stuff , that's fine too, as long as you enjoy the event. It's harder to get people into unofficial, yet there are so many new players in the community. Almost half of LC unofficials are new to the tier. There are more and more "randoms" in the leaderboards and the ranks. I understand the hype of the elite, but this just feels like a replica of TT, and you elite guys already have enough space in the community to flex all you want. There are many events that could change things and renew the competitive scene, and I'm not talking about including randoms. PSL and WC are cool because you get to play with new people and against new people that what you are used to. It adds something. This adds nothing but another trophy in the classroom of 30 kids that dont ever leave that classroom. 

Tl;dr have fun

5 minutes ago, Poufilou said:

This is just a TT but every week tbh, not really anything to do with PSL. The criteria are just here to avoid the crushing rounds of TT against teams that aren't up to level. This event does not really add anything new to the competitive scene, it's just trying to have an unofficial TT title, and a war of team flexes. There will be interesting matches indeed. But idk it's the same people against the same people, nothing new under the sun. I'd like to see other unofficial stuff going on at the same time with the people that's not in this event, and that will be hard to do. Because as I see that, it's just a split of the PvP community just for the sake of the ego of some.

People do their stuff , that's fine too, as long as you enjoy the event. It's harder to get people into unofficial, yet there are so many new players in the community. Almost half of LC unofficials are new to the tier. There are more and more "randoms" in the leaderboards and the ranks. I understand the hype of the elite, but this just feels like a replica of TT, and you elite guys already have enough space in the community to flex all you want. There are many events that could change things and renew the competitive scene, and I'm not talking about including randoms. PSL and WC are cool because you get to play with new people and against new people that what you are used to. It adds something. This adds nothing but another trophy in the classroom of 30 kids that dont ever leave that classroom. 

Tl;dr have fun

you have 40 spaces to add someone new to your team record, lol

There is a reason that the same people are around in all those events.. If youhave a community unable to surpass the "old guard" after so many years on a game that hasnt provided anything new for some time now, those said players that need a chance havent showed that they deserve it. It sounds however it sounds but it is the truth. A year in competitive pokemon is more than enough time to win an official tournament if you really work for it, the bar of 5 official won is low and yet teams arent gonna make the cut.. I dont know how those teams can feel hard done by. 

8 minutes ago, Poufilou said:

The vast majority of those who are here do it because of the competitive level, it is not the same to play against a new person who barely knows how to build against someone with a good level and to know that the duel is whatever it is, it will be something fun and it will cost to win it, to play with new people we have TT lol

11 minutes ago, Umbramol said:

There is a reason that the same people are around in all those events.. If youhave a community unable to surpass the "old guard" after so many years on a game that hasnt provided anything new for some time now, those said players that need a chance havent showed that they deserve it. It sounds however it sounds but it is the truth. A year in competitive pokemon is more than enough time to win an official tournament if you really work for it, the bar of 5 official won is low and yet teams arent gonna make the cut.. I dont know how those teams can feel hard done by. 

More like the same people play against each other... old is the important word. 

What I meant is that a Team based competition already exists, where the level criteria is lower but does exist aswell, and I feel like there are more cool events to be done than another TT with the same TT people together in the same... team. 

15 minutes ago, Umbramol said:

This game is just incredibly bad at retaining comp players, because when you get good enough you don't stay here. You just go to smogon and actually get better. To say that the newcomers have done nothing to prove themselves is the kind of head-stuck-in-the-ass attitude the oldguard has towards comp lol. I bet a lot of newcomers that get good just transition to smogon in stead, or were already playing smogon and realized that you'd have to be batshit insane to keep playing this game instead for the comp aspect of it.

That's what we older players are, batshit insane. Let's just stay comfortable in our MMO bubble.

22 hours ago, ThinkNicer said:

This game is just incredibly bad at retaining comp players, because when you get good enough you don't stay here. You just go to smogon and actually get better. To say that the newcomers have done nothing to prove themselves is the kind of head-stuck-in-the-ass attitude the oldguard has towards comp lol. I bet a lot of newcomers that get good just transition to smogon in stead, or were already playing smogon and realized that you'd have to be batshit insane to keep playing this game instead for the comp aspect of it.

That's what we older players are, batshit insane. Let's just stay comfortable in our MMO bubble.

I don't believe this I was playing a lot of showdown before coming to mmo but this game offers other things than showdown do.like a friendly community teams and lot more.i think mmo still needs improvements but definitely not a bad game or a game that make people go showdown at some point

On 3/5/2021 at 4:04 PM, ThinkNicer said:

who is this guy?

On 3/6/2021 at 1:04 AM, ThinkNicer said:

I dont know what u r trying to say here. Or what to justify? You put yourself inside the "old guard" while apart from noumerous opinions i havent seen you do anything worth mentioned in comp Since you got back in a game that as u said has nothing to offer comp-wise.If thats the actual old guard and newer players cant surpass that then what do they have to offer me battling them? And im not even a name. Im a mediocre dude who tries to get better. And yet i have some minor accomplishments to mention for myself and justify me playing in a tour of this calibre even if i go 0-100 in it. What is the case about newer players? That they might surprise us if given the chance? 

Here are the competing teams for the first edition of PSL Teams:

Spoiler
  1. [SIÂ] @Jaawax
  2. [NORE] @Lvkee
  3. [VVVV] @Aerun
  4. [LØRÐ] @Sebat
  5. [Líve] @Mlhawk
  6. [VGC] @CristiDOX
  7. [läva] @Sashaolin
  8. [Lo] @HedgeWitch
  9. [HDLM] @NagaHex
  10. [RmW] @Busso

Out of the ten teams that signed up, nine teams met the selection criteria and one (RMW) didn’t.
In order to decide between the nine teams, I looked at the (total individual official wins) of all teams and their performances in (Team Tournaments). Some teams had a large amount of official individual wins without any Team Tournaments won whereas others had fewer official individual wins with some Team Tournaments won. After discussing with managers, I made my final decision.
There is really no basis to determine what is more important between Team Tournaments and official individual wins, so it would be unfair to disqualify one team more than another based on their performance in a specific category.

Therefore, I decided to host a PSL Teams with ten teams instead of eight, meaning RMW will also take part in the event.

The ten teams will be divided in 2 pools of 5.
Each week, we will see in their respective pool two teams face two others while 1 team sits out of in-pool competition. After five weeks, the best team of each pool will move on directly to the playoffs semi-finals and the second/third best teams of each pool move on to the playoffs quarter-finals.

Each week, the team from the first pool that sits out of the competition will face in 3 duels the team from the second pool that also sits out of the competition. Instead of playing to improve their standing in their pool, they will play for a showcase price to be determined.

Before starting the event, I'll talk to the manager to fix last details and then here we go! 
Good Luck all teams.

• 1 month later...

PSL Teams Reward

Best OU Player:

Spoiler

Sicklonerr (4-0): Sicklonerr.gif @Sicklonerr

Best UU Player:

Spoiler

InuYashaL (4-0): InuYashaL.gif @InuYashaL

Best NU Player:

Spoiler

Souu (4-0): Souu.gif @soyhector
RAVAEL (4-0): RAVAEL.gif @RAVAEL

Best Doubles Player:

Spoiler

AkaruKokuyo (4-0): AkaruKokuyo.gif @Akaruyo

Best LC Player:

Spoiler

YEYOxD (4-0): YeyoxD.gif @YEYOxD

Best SM-OU Player:

Spoiler

tMoi (4-0): tMoi.gif @Moi

Best Captain:

Spoiler

SoonTM

Best Overall Player:

Spoiler

SoonTM

Since I didn't want to use the cashprize for individuals rewards, so I bred a comp for each winner myself.
You will receive the reward by mail in a few days.

The last two rewards will be decided after the PSL Teams Final.

Also, teams Live, läva, SIÂ, HDLM and team NORE will receive 3M reward for the break week win.
The cash will be send to the captain (ofc).

Enjoy..!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.