Stuck in unova gift pokemon select?

Just took the fairy to unova. Was instructed to open a gift box and choose a starter pokemon. It will not let me select one . i can move the curser (hand) but can not select . also there is no backing out. So im essentially stuck. Any help would be great.

16148886534532988200816529363009.jpg

1 minute ago, iichevyii said:

Just took the fairy to unova. Was instructed to open a gift box and choose a starter pokemon. It will not let me select one . i can move the curser (hand) but can not select . also there is no backing out. So im essentially stuck. Any help would be great.

16148886534532988200816529363009.jpg

try to close and reopen game

No restarting doesn't work.  And i get no confirmation or anything. I can move the selector. But not select. Eventually it kicks me for being idol . then i log back on locked in the room.  At this point id just be happy to get back to kanto with my character . but even that seems impossible?... Ugh . and also watching my donator status tick away .

9 minutes ago, iichevyii said:

No restarting doesn't work.  And i get no confirmation or anything. I can move the selector. But not select. Eventually it kicks me for being idol . then i log back on locked in the room.  At this point id just be happy to get back to kanto with my character . but even that seems impossible?... Ugh . and also watching my donator status tick away .

i know this will sound stupid, but did you try selecting it by pressing A on your keyboard instead? (or whatever your A button is)