Battle sprites look wrong

screenshot_1614873777.thumb.png.bac7385edf7dcb5acbc444ccf894319c.pngscreenshot_1614873754.thumb.png.b60c553f22cfee29adaa9b0105b10dca.png

The front sprites look too pixelated, same with the trainer sprites. And most of my own Pokemon is covered by the text, though this is not a big issue to me. Is there a way to just fix the front sprites, and maybe make them bigger too? Wait... Why's my text bold now? Oh no no what is happening, stop it, please no don't AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

4 hours ago, Cyen said:

screenshot_1614873777.thumb.png.bac7385edf7dcb5acbc444ccf894319c.pngscreenshot_1614873754.thumb.png.b60c553f22cfee29adaa9b0105b10dca.png

The front sprites look too pixelated, same with the trainer sprites. And most of my own Pokemon is covered by the text, though this is not a big issue to me. Is there a way to just fix the front sprites, and maybe make them bigger too? Wait... Why's my text bold now? Oh no no what is happening, stop it, please no don't AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

From the images it looks like you are playing on a low resolution. Try changing it in the Video Options.

6 hours ago, Gilan said:

There are plenty of sprite mods in this subforum, there might be one there that is more aesthetically pleasing for yourself than the default sprites:

https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/forum/33-client-customization/

I don’t think the trainer sprites can be changed though.

I couldn't find anything I'm interested in.

1 hour ago, pokelace said:

From the images it looks like you are playing on a low resolution. Try changing it in the Video Options.

That's about the highest I can get while still keeping it windowed.

I would like to at least find a way to make the sprites bigger.

• 4 weeks later...

The sprites you are referencing are the sprites from the Black or White rom; that's literally how they look. You might find the pixelated aspect of this is due to the upscaled nature of said sprites as the DS had an incredibly low resolution screen by todays standards, and most modern screens for PCs and mobile devices are at least 720p, if not considerably higher in resolution.

As others have suggested, the most simple solution is a HD sprites mod, most of which utilise HD rips from the XY/ORAS/SM series of games. If this still provides an unfavourable experience you could also try adjusting the anti-aliasing options (higher is better, but may result in a lower frame rate depending on your hardware) within the PokeMMO settings as this will smooth the edges of the sprites to an extent, and may offer a satisfactory image quality.